Reviews for Burgundy Velvet
AngelofDarkness1605 chapter 10 . 3/15/2011
Nice work, as always!

And it ended just like I hoped that it would ;)
Gallows Calibrator chapter 10 . 3/14/2011
Sestina is a pretty word.(I've never heard it before today, really. Even the spell check on my browser doesn't recognise it, hah.)

I like how you compare Sweeney to a tiger. Because really that's what he is, isn't he?

I also like how whenever you have the phrase 'red hair' (or curls, or locks) it's always on two separate lines. I don't know why, either.

Ha, I'm absolutely horrendous at poetry. You seem like one of those people who insist they're bad and don't do it often, but when they do it's very pretty.

(I also love how you're slipping Sweeney and Nellie into schoolwork.)
Gallows Calibrator chapter 9 . 2/13/2011
As always, another wonderful installment. c:

...and a terribly late review from me. D

...I always drink my coffee black. I actually don't find it bitter as everybody else does, lol.

But amazing story as always. :) it might have been a little rambly, but still good. :D

(because I usually I have nothing to say that isn't completely redundant... I do love Nellie's babbling though, I find it quite adorable and slightly reminiscent of me, haha.
obsessivelyfanaticgw09 chapter 9 . 2/12/2011
Hm...very interesting...and very unique!

I just lovett, like everything you write!
InDeppth chapter 9 . 2/5/2011
AMAZING. wonderful.

brilliant. i lovett. as always :))

3 DEPP
AngelofDarkness1605 chapter 9 . 2/5/2011
Lovely as always :)

Question: did they actually drink coffee back then?
Mrs.GingerHinkley chapter 7 . 1/29/2011
Somehow, Mrs. Lovett raging for womankind is hilarious beyond hilarious.

"You couldn't stomach more than a few hours with those sixties feminists before needing to run home by yourself and put on your bra again."

-Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard.
MoonlitSerenity chapter 8 . 1/28/2011
This was BEAUTIFUL! I see that some people regard this as fluffy, and I tend to agree...to a certain extent. The way you have written it is almost melancholy-how Lovett longs for Sweeney, and he is such a tortured soul. You make the rising action almost painful. But when the two characters are united, and their bodies touch, there is a sense of relief and calm. Plus, the description of Sweeney's eyes was just stunning.

Keep writing. I loved it.

-Moonlit
AngelofDarkness1605 chapter 8 . 1/27/2011
I LOVE this chapter. It's just so beautiful and fluffy in the good sense of the word D

I can totally imagine Nellie reacting like this; the way Sweeney comforts her was more of a surprise, but in a very good way indeed ;)
InDeppth chapter 8 . 1/27/2011
I loved this.

it was amazing.

3 DEPP
Thalia-Sandy chapter 8 . 1/26/2011
I really love that Sweeney treats her so affectionately!

Fluff is great! Especially when it's written as beautifully as this!
iBounce chapter 8 . 1/26/2011
Aww! This is adorable. I do love your updates, they're like a highlight to a day, (:

I suppose you must grow weary of hearing my old, reviewing trollface. Well, I don't get tired of writing them. Praise be where praise is needed &.&

Ihaveaprompt. 'New'.

I enjoy Sweeney's reacions, albeit good or bad.

Thanks, (:
PartyhardDrunkard chapter 8 . 1/26/2011
Awww...that was sweet and so well written. I lovett! :D

-Partyhard Drunkard XD
Pamena chapter 7 . 1/9/2011
So I finally read this and am ready to review. I’m slightly late, but I hope you can forgive me. Haha First off, there is no shame in still owning and listening to cassettes. I have records, so there’s really no room to talk. Haha Second of all, I LOVE this. It’s completely hilarious and you’re just going to have to deal with me quoting things to you because I can’t help myself:)

If he is the newly-dead fish, he ponders, then she must be the bird about to feast upon it. – Bahaha. This is so Nellie. She would not be fazed in the slightest by his “mood.”

I would quote Nelli’s entire speech about women struggling to earn the right to go to college and being repressed by men because it’s completely brilliant, but I don’t want to clutter the review. Haha And I love how Sweeney calls it Nellie being “on her soapbox”. He’s such a cranky old man and I love it.

The sight of her standing there, flapping away and nearly in tears, is so pathetic that the tiny piece of Sweeney Todd still in possession of a conscious feels compelled to mutter, "You don't look fat." – I feel the need to tell you that I burst out laughing at this point just because I could picture the look on his face and hear the tone in his voice. The poor, poor man.

And the sanitary napkin on the bottom of his shoe! Hahaha Poor Sweeney. I feel bad for finding his pain so incredibly funny. And Nellie’s words of comfort are “be thankful it wasn’t a condom.” Haha! I think she needs to work on her sympathy talks.

I completely loved this. It was exactly the sort of pick-me-up I needed today:) Not to mention it’s pretty awesome that someone wanted to write something based on one of my stories. Haha So thanks for the story and for cheering me up today!
Thalia-Sandy chapter 7 . 12/27/2010
I guess you don't know how madly obsessed I am with Passing Strange but I seriously almost had a heart attack when I saw you uploaded a spin-off chapter!

You did such a marvelous job! I love this just as much as I love Pamena's story!I felt kind of bad for Sweeney but on the other hand I found his despair highly amusing! XD
201 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »