Reviews for Burgundy Velvet
babyvfan chapter 30 . 5/5/2013
So sorry it took me forever to review. I was sooo busy. But boy did you blow me away with that last chapter. I honestly cannot think of anything more beautiful, hot, or passionate than kissing in the rain. There's something so beautiful and sexy about it that always blows me away.

I honestly am so sad this story has come to an end, but it was seriously amazing. And I enjoyed every minute of it.
Paperclip-Assassin chapter 30 . 3/30/2013
I spent the day reading this and even though today was certainly not the best day of my life, I'm feeling good because this is a wonderful collection.

I'm kind of lazy, though, that's why I decided to leave one long review instead of a couple of short ones.

First of all, I loved every single scenario. Your writing is amazing and I'm still a bit goose-bumped (it's almost midnight, don't judge my word inventions) in the most positive way possible.

Now while I enjoyed every chapter, there still were a few ones I loved even more. Seven to be precise.

1. -There was the one with them communicating via morse code, which is nothing short of brilliant, really. I believe that one was my favorite.
2. - I quite enjoyed their meeting at the sea (which was one of the early chapters, I believe) for two reasons. It shows huge character development while using only little words AND Sweeney uses human flesh as bait which I somehow find utterly amusing. Dunno why.
3. - The one where Sweeney is just helpless with all those young women around him acting like, well, young women. It was great because due to the extreme AU situation the atmosphere was a lot lighter than usual, which was pleasantly refreshing.
4. - Nellie hanging from a tree. Now isn't that a weird thing to picture. Yea, I was surprised when it turned out to be a dream... but then again, what else would it be?! Anyway, I thought it was a great scenario.
5. - The idea of Nellie hiding all of his razors out of jealousy was awesome. Like, genius. And it was cute. Yes I dared to call them cute. That's what they are. Deal with it.
6. - At this point I have to confess that the chapter where she feeds him her homemade jelly is hilarious. .. and disgusting. Mostly hilarious, though.
7. - At last, I'll say that I really enjoyed the last chapter a lot. It was a bit fluff overkill at the end, but that's okay, cause that's what I needed.

(Random note: I love how you included the cat into the jelly chapter again.)

Well, this is probably the longest review I ever left anyone. Just wanted to tell you how much I adore your beautiful work.

Thank you for making my day a lot better. :)
ConfusedColumbia26220 chapter 30 . 3/26/2013
I've read every single of these oneshots in under a week. I must say, you covered all arenas. Some alternate worlds even I couldn't think of. Sweeney fishing with human bait, for example that was particularly intriguing. Another one that I enjoyed was Johanna being stillborn, and Lovett losing a child (for what seems to be the second time, in that one), and I certainly enjoyed how most had a general theme that out of love or out of necessity, the two share a bed. The only one I can say I didn't like was the alternate ending where Sweeney doesn't throw Nellie into the oven, but kills himself the next day, and she has to chop him up. That was just...put a damper on my fangirl veins and I almost felt my heart stop in my chest, as if after that it had no more purpose being there. Alas, I powered through and I'm glad I did. Especially for this last one. Oh my, the length is certainly worth it. Happy or not, I enjoyed 29 out of the 30. Even if I couldn't quite tell where the kiss was, or what form it was in.
hervissa chapter 16 . 3/23/2013
Oh, this AU is certainly quite an extravagant one! I admit, at first I thought Sweeney was a zombie...until I got it xD
But it's awesome :D
And I love how Nellie can use the words just to get Sweeney where she wants him to be ;)

hervissa chapter 15 . 3/23/2013
Ahhh...poor, poor Nellie :(
And Lucy is just...argh. God, she's being so stupidly paranoid, so...foolish!
I really don't like her. And I probably never will.
But great drabble :)
...and salt water...oh yes... :/

hervissa chapter 14 . 3/23/2013
Amazing, absolutely amazing :3
I just love imagining Sweeney's face at the last line...priceless ;)
But it's true...
Nellie really is all those things :D
Great drabble, definitely one of my favourites :D

hervissa chapter 13 . 3/23/2013
Awwww...this was sweet and sad at the same time...that kind of sadness of something that can never, ever leave...
But the idea about the Morse Code is great :)
I lovett ;)

hervissa chapter 12 . 3/23/2013
This one is certainly very, very interesting...because Nellie's ability to see the world as she wants, and yet as it is, is something Sweeney won't every understand...
But I like the...ease of this drabble. Not much dramatical, not much ffffluffy, just a bit of Sweenett :)
As always, keep writing! :D

hervissa chapter 11 . 3/22/2013
You are right. Fluffiness is all we need :3
And you are freaking good at writing fluff! :D
...the last line is just sweeeet :3 ;)
Another great drabble _

hervissa chapter 10 . 3/22/2013
You are not a poet? Are you kidding me? This is fantastic! Much, much, much better than anything I could create :D
And I'm quite curious what did your teacher say about it... ;)

hervissa chapter 9 . 3/22/2013
I'm ashamed. I drink coffee only with milk.
Well, I'm not Mrs. Lovett, am I? ;)
Great drabble :D I especially love the last two lines ;)

hervissa chapter 8 . 3/22/2013
Awww...fluffiness is gooood _
I really like this one...it's just great to see Mrs. Lovett finally getting the affection she deserves ;)
Keeeep writing!

katkah chapter 30 . 3/16/2013
I can't believe these are over! I will just keep reading it for inspiration over and over, then... and looking forward to your other pieces! :D
Redejeka chapter 30 . 3/14/2013
Noo.. It's over now :( i will surely miss waiting for burgundy velet's updates and being blown away everytime i read new chapter.

This fic has been one of my favorites.

But, i'm glad that death is for the alive's still there to console me :))))))
wintmint4 chapter 30 . 3/14/2013
It- it's over? Nooo! Haha But... Wow. I can't express how much I adore this collection. I love going back to reread it. It's seriously great.
And, I hope I'm a part of the next fandom you write! Haha Your stories are my favorite to read (Shh, don't tell that I'm picking favorites), soo I'm hoping I'll get to continue reading your stuff even after Death is for the Alive is finished.
Moving on to this chapter in particular. Well. I can't imagine how much thought it took to get to Nellie's level with God. You did a great job, though- that's exactly how I'd imagined Mrs. Lovett would act and think during church. And, I don't know if it was intentional, but I caught a Hunchback of Notre Dame quote.:) haha Anyway, this chapter was amazing.
I'll miss this story, but it's been wonderful to read. Thank you! :)
205 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »