Reviews for What Shadows We Are
BNA chapter 2 . 8/10/2012
Much as I like this story, I think the rating is a bit too mild, otherwise excellent!
NWHS chapter 13 . 11/30/2010
You pulled the pieces together quite nicely. Sounds like a sequel to me.
Laudine chapter 13 . 11/30/2010
Very nicely done! Everything was very neatly taken care of and this could be a stand-alone or the first in a series.

After all of this, I so agree with you. Trying to incorporate the other worlds/races would be too much and would take away from the story you're telling, which really was the human element in the war between the Vorlons and the Shadows. Good job!
Nyt Yanse chapter 13 . 11/30/2010
As it doesn't say 'Complete' yet, is there a second half to the epilogue? And there is so much material for a second story, can I keep my hopes up?

If there isn't more to this one, it is still a fine ending, it settles the main threads without cutting anything off. And I like the symetry of Ivanova's morning!
Laudine chapter 12 . 11/23/2010
I was thinking so hard about what this story reminded me of. And then it hit me when I was watching it: the Red Riding movies. The first one in particular, for some reason.
Nyt Yanse chapter 12 . 11/20/2010
I'm kinda glad Garibaldi's still alive... any chance of redemption? Or at least a really good revenge story for a later time? I think you created a whole AU world here that can be tapped, I know I'd love to hear alot more.

NWHS chapter 11 . 11/15/2010
A lot of action in a compact chapter. Thanks for redeeming Delenn for me. chapter 11 . 11/15/2010
Bloody hell! Michael! Susan! John! I need more now!
Nyt Yanse chapter 11 . 11/15/2010
PLEASE update soon! I need to know about Michael and Susan and Marcus and John and Delenn and everyone...

Thankyou for including Corwin, he never gets enough attention in my opinion...
Nyt Yanse chapter 10 . 11/11/2010

Need more!

Having the Chief as Delenn's father was an interesting twist and Morden seems to be crossbred with the Inquisitor a bit here, which is working for him, but I was a bit thrown by Ivanova's nostalgic thoughts about Coriana and 6th, unless it was a huphamism(sp?) for her mixed feelings during the Earth Civil War? Or just a well worded look into Commander Ivanova of the BPD's world. Either way, it was a wonderfully touching mind scene.

Please don't tell me Marcus dies in this :(
NWHS chapter 10 . 11/10/2010
Nice update. There was a little clue in the last chapter that caused me to think about the familial relationship you revealed in this chapter. That part was a tad rushed and left me definitely wanting to know more. Admittedly, you're dealing with a lot of characters here, and it's difficult to develop them and their backstories fully in a limited fic. Overall, a well done chapter.
Nyt Yanse chapter 9 . 11/8/2010

Also, good luck with the NaNoWriMo thing, but from what I'm reading, you won't need luck, you're too good!

P.S Do we see Lennier? And what happened to Zack?
NWHS chapter 8 . 11/3/2010
Really, if Morden's going to get it in the end, please let Delenn do it. Otherwise, all the abuse is just . . . well, too damn depressing for words.

Good installment and nice cliffhanger of an ending.
Nyt Yanse chapter 8 . 11/3/2010

You write a good evil Garibaldi, he comes across as still Garibaldi but not like he's forced to be evil or anything.
Laudine chapter 7 . 10/31/2010
Ugh-Morden makes me so sick! He so needs to be in a locked room with the squad from SVU, particularly an enraged Elliott. Thank goodness Delenn is able to see that John is someone who can help her.