Reviews for A Reason to Rant
meikyyy chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
I can just say that this little fic was amzing to read! I loved it, all the participants were perfectly in-character! And the end was hilarious! I still love DKC - all the games!
The Bulbafinatic chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
Nice story. I like the Mario reference.
Skynote chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Haha, I loved the ending! "What kind of motivation is that?" XD, I liked that line too.

I'm not one to visit the Donkey Kong archive that often (probably once a year without exageration) but this was a good visit for me :) You stayed true to Cranky's...well, cranky nature. But we all know he loves DK and Diddy ;)

Kind of off subject, but I really like the original games of Donkey Kong Country better than the new ones :/ It's just not the same with the newer games, in my opinion...
Dark Lord Link chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
XDD That was good! It made me lol for a while! Well done, I can picture Cranky being the one who fought Mario in the old Arcade games, so you made a point as well as a humorous fiction, my hat off to you!
Captain Spock chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
Good old Cranky (Well, apart from the "good" part), he's my favourite Kong after Diddy and Dixie. He's hilarious in every game he appears in, and in this fic too.
1Thunderfire chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Five seconds later after leaving the hut, he's been kidnapped again! What a bummmer but it gives cranky something to rant about. I like this!
LM Simpson chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
Oh, man, this was awesome! I loved all the references to the DK series from the arcade games to "King of Swing." Too funny!

I loved it; good job!
KIRAisJUSTICE13 chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Haha, nice story you got here. Donkey Kong Country was one of my first games growing up and I've loved them ever since. I always loved Cranky, especially in the second game (he was very humorous in the third aswell). I hope he gets a good role in the long awaited Donkey Kong Country Returns!
Planet Cool chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
Really funny stuff, and well-written, too. You captured the characters' personalities really well, and extra credit for the jab at Donkey Konga. Let's hope Cranky stays his cranky self in DKCR, eh?
KroovyRed chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
While it did end with a somewhat, cliffhanger ending, it was a great, little read! Great work.
MushroomWings chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
Ha ha. Nice story, especially for your first DK fanfic! I see there's another Donkey Kong fan who believes Cranky is DK's dad and the original Donkey Kong!

One of my favorite parts had to be the line, "When I was your age, I was whisking off maidens and throwing barrels at pesky little Italian plumbers." Classical! And I wonder if Wrinkly was what made him mature, if she was HIS... his... his... his... Wait, what IS Wrinkly's real name?

Anyway, the part where Cranky told of the struggles he went through growing up just made me want to cry because I felt so sorry for him. Usually it's only MY stories that involve his past that make me cry but THIS one... Dude, you've got talent.

And the part where DK knew coming there was a mistake well... of course it is. But then again, that's why Cranky's 'lovable'. He may seem disappointed with his osn but it's his way of saying he's proud.

As for Cranky saying, "I wish I'd known what a lazy bum you'd end up to be," I think that was him possibly flashing back to the day Dk was born if not the time between he and Wrinkly got married and DK's birth. Those were two of the things I invisioned. Hey, if you wanna see any of my DKC artwork, og here

albums/ae265/SeroSylvinBell/

Hope we can be friends.

Alex aka Two Sides Of The Same Whole
Fiery Diamond chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
I enjoyed this immensely. It was very humorous. I loved the things that Cranky said. Bongos...heh. What's the sky part referring to, though? I confess that I haven't played any Donkey Kong since Rare got snapped up by Microsoft and left DK to Nintendo in its entirety.

The only thing in here that I thought didn't flow as well as the rest of it was, ironically, the first sentence. I'm not saying the first sentence was bad; it's strictly a preference thing - so this isn't really a criticism so much as it is a "if I were writing it, I would have done it THIS way instead" kind of thing. Which is, I would have changed the ; to a , and "followed" to "following."

But anyway...I loved this. I was ever so much a big fan of DK back in the day. I still like it. I wish Rare was still with Nintendo so they could keep making new GOOD ones.