Reviews for Simple Choices
Tragedy of Fenwick chapter 1 . 7/20
Oh my goodness! I totally buy this as a day in the life of young Sam and Dean. Why must young Sammy be such an absolute turd sometimes? And don't even get me started on John. Ahh! Those freaking Winchesters! Anyway, I'm fairly new to the fandom, and now that I've found you, I believed I will be gorging myself on your fic. Thank you for providing such delightful brain fuel!
I enjoyed it, espedially when you wrote that Dean is trying to get his father to love him but still tqkes the blame for Sam.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/11/2014
Kinda wish you had Sammy take the fall for that one.. Want to see how john would react and what beatings Sam would have taken liked your twist though big brother to the rescue
Yorushike chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
Hi,
I think this story describes the brothers relationship at that time perfectly. It's very well written and a lot of fun :).
Greetings Yorushike
spnlover chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
awww perfect! i would love another one like this!
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
You are irrationally insecure about this if you think it wasn't perfectly awesome, because it was! I am just cruising through your fics, suffering from terribly angsty family feels and just...you know. Fangirling. So you're a great writer, and should feel good about yourself :)
celestial1 chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
"Sam glances up at Dean from time to time, trying to imagine a scenario in which he would ever cover for Dean like that and it shames him to say that he can't come up with one. " Awww! Describes their relationship perfectly.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
Oh god... *rolled eyes*
Dean is too nice... Too damn nice! He's so nice! So Kind! IDIOT! Why he always the one who get hurt?! WHY?!
Sammy, you stupid kid! Why didn't you just ask the money to Dean or John?! WHY?! WHY YOU TRIED TO STEAL THE MONEY FROM FREAKING SCHOOL?!
And DAMN JOHN! How could you think that Dean the one who tried to steal it?! Do you see him as potential thief?! DO YOU?!

STUPIDOCHESTER! (except Dean)
wayunlucky13 chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
I hate to say it. This fic, is the exact reason why I think I have so much trouble with Sam. This is the sort of stuff that must have routinely happened.

Maybe not as horrible, canon, but it's pretty clear that Dean has long been taking the fall for Sam. First Season, after they meet up with John again, pretty sure that's when Dean pretty much confronted Sam about leaving him alone with their father after he pissed him off.

It's nice to read a story that seems to so accurately portray the past that these characters must have had.

A couple things, (this may be because Sam has never really been beaten at this point, and if they're intentional, good for you, lots of character-based thinking there.)

Some information about injuries:
The injuries described by Sam, would have never happened from being thrown against a table, those would mostly be straight bruising, unless if Dean had his back not lying straight, than the bruising would be from where his back stuck out most, and fell against the table afterward, and possibly cuts from the corners, or sharp edges... also straight, maybe a couple L-shaped marks.

Hand prints are incredibly rare as far as injuries go, usually sustained by someone holding on tight for a long time, unless if the person bruises easily. Bruises like that, if they didn't happen by holding on tight for an extended amount of time are usually happen because the person being held onto, are struggling against the hold., every once in a while, you can slap someone hard enough to leave a handprint, but it usually doesn't bruise in such a way that it's completely obvious it was a hand...

Great Story, great visuals, obviously you understand both characters incredibly well, and I look forward to reading your other fics.
-Mel AKA Wayunlucky13
Panda Blitz chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Awe!
Strange Things chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Very well written and an interesting exploration of the characters. This certainly seems like something a pre-series Sam would do, he was a bit of a selfish little sh** before he was broken. And you've managed to make Dean heartbreaking without falling in the trap of out-of-character schmoopsiness or turning him into an impossible archetype of himself.
Leo-firefly chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
Awww this was amazing! Such a dean thing to do :)
xx
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
this story is very well-written and completely believable.
wandamarie chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
thanks keep up the good work
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
It's pretty cool

I can imagine Dean doing something like that for Sammy )

Good one, hun!