Reviews for Damages
Larien Elanesse chapter 30 . 5/15
This was an amazing story. You are a phenomenal writer. English may not be your first language, but still you are a stunning writer. Your grasp of the characters - their personalities, innermost thoughts, what makes them act and think the way they do... you have such a perfect grasp on it all. Thank you for sharing your indescribable talent with us mere mortals :)

-Larien
Larien Elanesse chapter 18 . 5/14
Ah, finally! I'm glad Arthur paused to think about all the things that didn't make sense with the "Merlin has hated him all along and was trying to kill him" theory! That's the spirit, Arthur; go get your friend back :)
Larien Elanesse chapter 16 . 5/14
YAY, Kilgarrah! I'm hoping now that Arthur will put a bit of thought into things and see that Merlin couldn't possibly feel that way about him, and that clearly something bad has happened that has forced Merlin's hand. I'm still not sure how they're going to fix this Mordred problem, though. As terrible as it is, I wish that they hadn't saved Mordred when they first found him. (Or that Merlin hadn't saved Morgana, for that matter)
Larien Elanesse chapter 15 . 5/14
No! No, no, NO! Things were looking rather hopeless there for a while, but then for a second I actually thought that Arthur was going to figure it out - that something happened when he'd been taken that caused Merlin's magic to harm Arthur, and that it wasn't all Merlin's fault. But no! Arthur now thinks that Merlin did it on purpose, and the situation is even worse than before! :(
Larien Elanesse chapter 14 . 5/13
You're so insightful! In talking about why Arthur is the way he is, (I am adopting your theories as my new headcanon) you've shown me a whole different side of Arthur. :)
Larien Elanesse chapter 12 . 5/13
:( This was heartwrenching. I truly cannot wait for the point in the story where the truth comes out and the two of them are reunited (because that HAS to come. It simply HAS to.) I just hope that the damage done between them isn't permanent. :(
Larien Elanesse chapter 7 . 5/13
It makes me really sad that Merlin's lying again. :( I am glad that Arthur knows that something is seriously wrong though and I hope he will get to the bottom of it soon!
Sire-wehn chapter 30 . 12/30/2014
Exceptional story writing at it's best with this author. Riveting from start to finish.
LadyInwei chapter 30 . 10/29/2014
I literally spent the ENTIRE day reading your stories, they are brilliant! Never stop writing :)
Guest chapter 24 . 9/9/2014
I'm very confused. Why didn't Merlin decide to just die? He didn't have to give his magic to Mordred and he still would have saved Arthur.
Abby Squared chapter 30 . 8/29/2014
Review from the perspective of a Merlinian Fangirl:
OMIGOSH SOOOOO GOOD AAAHHH THE BROMANCE IS SO SWEET (could have used more hug scenes but...) AHHHHH LOVED IT SOOOO MUCH I NEED TO GO READ THE SEQUEL NOW GAH THE FEEEEEEEELS!

Review from the perspective of a published author and critical reader:
Remember, this is all constructive criticism, I mean no disrespect or to tear you down in any way.

The plot was very well developed. A clear transition between beginning, middle and end; the appropriate amount of suspense and sweet scenes that balanced nicely. Arthur and Merlin's friendship was well developed, and the story read quite smoothly. However, structurally the story struggled. Word misuse, misspellings, improper use of dashes in replacement of quotations, and grammatically awkward sentences were scattered throughout every single chapter, taking away part of the stories charm and wit. I would love to see it properly revised, because currently the errors make the excellent content of the story seem amateur.

Also, I do not believe Kilgharrah should be referred to as an "it" considering he is a living being with a gender, and it would make that entire ice-scene flow better.

But again, I loved the story itself and the plot. And the bromance, be encouraged that you made a fangirl, well, fangirl! :)

All in all, I think you should keep writing! If you have any questions about my critique, I'd love to help! Keep it up, friend!

Respectfully,
Abby
eilonwy77 chapter 17 . 8/9/2014
I am confused. If merlin gives up his magic, won't Arthur be unprotected and end up dead?
fullmetal-meeze chapter 3 . 3/26/2014
Ortheus? You mean Gaius? I like the fic, so far. There was one another that Uther had allowed Merlin to live in, something about the troll Uther was going to marry and Merlin's loyalty to Arthur. "The only exception" I like it.
Rocky181 chapter 30 . 3/25/2014
Wonderful story!
friendshipsoverships chapter 30 . 12/21/2013
*sniffs* that was beautiful!