Reviews for From Scratch
Anasazi Darkmoon chapter 8 . 10/28/2014
Oh lord, I have missed this story and Lin's antics! Totally gonna go back and reread all this, just to get it refreshed in my mind. :D
Bowtie Lion chapter 8 . 10/28/2014
It's good to see you back posting amazing chapters of such a great story! I found this one to be both funny and endearing. I like the fact that Lin can hold her own in a battle, especially an argument! Very excited to see what happens in the next chapter because I want to see what hapens when Shifu and Tai Lung come face to face and because I like the interactions of the characters that live in Chen's house and how they all drive "the fat badger" insane! Can't wait for the next update!
FashionablyHospitable chapter 7 . 4/12/2014
Uh, you okay?

Your fics are lovely, hope you're alive.
Guest chapter 7 . 8/11/2013
So there gonna be a chapter 8 right?
Guest chapter 7 . 8/11/2013
What happen to this story. I just read both blue plate special and this story and fallen madly in love. Are you off traveling world? Should I come back in 33 years? I would love if you car back to this story and updated it. I don't think I can find another story like this one and I'm too lazy to try. Please update again I just read it and I need more. Or my mild will go wild and ill land in a nuthouse. Please continue!
The One Named MoonLight chapter 7 . 11/17/2012
so...updating soon?
sure chapter 7 . 2/7/2012
your tai Lung is wonderfull, the Lin and Shifu's arguing the same, this story is great, and I cannot stop crying because you look like you lost your faith in it.

Oh, please, have some mercy! It is all so realistic, so CANONICAL - you know it's a rarity, don't you? Characters are excellent, the storyline left me breathless - the plot is the marvelous one.

So why not update? Simply, one update?
tldr chapter 7 . 1/3/2012
Oww, I must tell I simply love that story. Anf it'sa pretty good compliment, because some things are really irritating me my whole life - one of them are romantic comedies. Shit, shit shit shit. I am afraid that if I knew about this 'Lin and Shifu love' before reading, I wouldn't even start reading. Yeah, so much nonsense.

But somehow, someway, I overbeared mydelf and PUFF

believe it or no, it's my third night when I'm awake at this time and am reading your story and sequel to your story.

And I really fon't think Blue Plate Spacial was boring - even if so, you were able to add so much comic parts to the plot that it really didn't matter.

To be honest, I was crying aloud with such a joy, while reading 'Blue Plate Special'. yay. I don't remember the last time I was so cheerful.

It was brilliant, so brilliant. Wonderful.

The best thing you have done is the simpliest - you kept alive canon and, at the same moment, logic of cheracters' actions. Mixed up and "PUFF" the magical powder! Of my heart!

No, really, I would writing and writing endless about how great the first part of your fic was and how delightful the scenes were, I love you, you awful monster.

But then, why don't you update this story?

I promise I'm gonna write better review if you do so - just stop torment me with the lack of your interest in this story! It's killing me, from the insides! That's right.

Where's the spirit? :)

Hugs from the vodka belt.

PS: A borscht's just a borscht, but have you ever tasted polish vodka? Mwahaha, together with borscht they create an army of destruction.
shektor chapter 7 . 10/22/2011
I have just recently re-read Blue plate special and these seven chapters. That's how awesome it is, good stories I read...Super Mega Great Stories Of Ultra Awesomeness, like your ones, I read twice :P

I hope you haven't forgotten about this story, cause I can't wait to read more of Lin and Shifu. This is one of those stories that I wish could go on forever. And I hope it does :)
babycakes chapter 7 . 6/10/2011
aww bless poor shifu that was such a dirty trick lin pulled on him, i feel maja bad for tigress i can understand her lashing out at the others lately it must feel awful to watch the one closest to family you have be wraped up in another woman, i defenatly think tigress and shifud realationship would have been different i flin would have been there lin seems o bring out the father in shifu more than he realises maybe she can help him with tigress to (even though tigress doesnt want her to) still i really hope shifu and tigress will have more of a loving father daughter realationship when he gets back tigress really deserves it,plz update soon what happend to chapter 8 on the 26th? i really miss readn your story ive read every single chapter but i havent long worked out to review lolz thats why this is my first one to your story lmao :) anywho great story plz plz plz update soon :D
nievelion chapter 7 . 6/4/2011
Oh, Tai...so near and yet so far:

He'd lay low, learn their greatest weaknesses... And then strike. So what if the panda was the Dragon Warrior? It wasn't as if Oogway had actually written anything in that damn scroll, the old coot. "Dragon Warrior" was just a title, and he'd show them all that he was better than that, that he was above a meaningless label. His loss to the panda had been a fluke- one that would not happen twice.

Once again, of course, you prove how well you understand Tai Lung's mindset. This is exactly how he'd feel after Po defeated him. Assuming he didn't understand what the scroll meant, or accept that he was never the Dragon Warrior because he didn't really believe in himself. At the same time, he's absolutely right about it being just a title, but instead of proving he doesn't need a label to be great, he's trying to prove he's so great he doesn't need a label. Backwards thinking. And he's also right about his loss to Po being a fluke, since a great deal of the reason he lost was his temper. Then again, even assuming he really can learn control (and good on him for finally realizing one of his main flaws and control it!), the fact Po just keeps learning kung fu so rapidly and well may mean that won't matter.

Meanwhile: love the way Chen keeps disarming Tai's barbs and pomposity; love the added kung fu details (I assume you made that up about the trident? I can't recall anything like that being on the KFP site); love Wei-Shan's comment on Tai's fluffiness, and him finding Tai and Yan's relationship "funny" (indeed, it's both kinds!); and Yan is so right about tough guys being babies.

What is up with Yan interrupting right as Wei-Shan was going to talk about Lady Wu? Does she actually know about her connection to Shifu and the Wu Sisters, and want to keep it from Tai? Or was her interruption a coincidence? (Love the continued ragging on Tai's accent too.)

Finally, ROTFL at poor Tai, finding Yan attractive, trying not to think about it, finally blurting it out, and then falling for it hook line and seeker when she led him on into thinking she was going to kiss him (or more). Of course we all know she does want to (her not-so-subtle hint here about preferring bad boys would give it away, if we hadn't already been privy to her thoughts on the matter) but she'll do it when she's good and ready. And man does Tai need a woman like her to keep him on his toes. He doesn't stand a chance...but I have the feeling he'll be quite happy in the end, if he can ever let go of his revenge schemes.

The whole bit with Shifu on the road with Lin was as hilarious as I expected it to be. And while it wasn't fair of Lin to think he'd remember every detail of their relationship just because she did (heck, I forgot about the honeysuckle myself, and I only read about it, what, a year or so ago, rather than 30?), I can understand why she felt hurt. And in the end whole scene, from the nostalgia to the tickling to the spooning was so wonderfully sweet, beautiful, and emotionally affecting. I was especially moved by Lin's understanding of what Shifu was going through with Tai, and her bit of wisdom about doing what you want and doing what is right being the same thing.

Crane, loosen up a little, your form is looking stiff. Mantis, don't you dare laugh. Monkey, quit playing with your staff and get on the obstacle course. Mantis, I told you not to laugh! -LOL!

Speaking of funny...the Wu Sisters as the Golden Girls was the funniest thing I've read in a good long time. And I recognized each of them right away-Qiang was the final nail. You did such a good job of capturing their personalities (I am fairly sure at least some of their lines, especially the town named after three brothers, are direct from the show, but some of it seemed new too) that I could really hear Bea Arthur, Rue McClanahan, and Betty White. Comedy gold! And some interesting info revealed-that they are not literal sisters this time around, that Shifu knew their mistress, and them knowing about the invasion from Bengal. Will be interesting to see what info Shifu can get out of Lin in the morning...

Lastly, I still can't get over how well you write Po. Especially his inane babbling when he keeps digging himself deeper-I laughed out loud both times, but especially when he was desperately trying not to sound like a stalker with a crush. The way you are hinting at the building relationship between him and Tigress is very well done too. While I am still not sure about Pogress, it looks like based on KFP2 that I need to get used to it. In which case your story, like others, will be a big help. To be fair it's not that I think them as a couple is impossible-the way Tigress came to respect Po once she realized he wasn't the disrespectful screw-up she thought he was and he defeated Tai, how she mellowed during the end credits, and especially how she acted in the Christmas special, are all good indications that she and Po could work. And I know opposites attract but...I don't know. Maybe my problem is that I think they work better as friends and I am afraid turning it into a romance will ruin the friendship? I guess we'll see.

And why do I have the feeling that Tigress learning the nerve strike will be a lot more important to the plot than just helping her feel confident in herself again and making Shifu mad at her when he finds out? I just hope it's used against the invading army, not Tai.

Still waiting also to learn more about that wolf...and see what happens if Tigress meets Rahim. :P
SensiblyScrewy chapter 7 . 5/8/2011
Poor Shifu. At least she didn't burp this time. Or knee him in the crotch. Though.. Eheh. Anyways. Awesome chapter! Laughed my ass off. I seriously like Yan-Yan. ;)_
Bowtie Lion chapter 7 . 5/6/2011
I honestly thought that it was going to take you longer but here it is! I really liked this chapter a lot. Thank you for making Shifu's journey a living hell, courtesy of Lin, it's so much fun watching him suffer like that. Things seem to be heating up between Shifuu and Lin, as well as Tai Lung and Yan-Yan, I knew that the were going to get along sooner or later but I never thought that they might be meant for each other. I like Wei Shan, he reminds me of one of my OCs who is easily distracted, I'm prety sure Tai Lung will find him annoying just like my character. I get the feeling Tigress' nerve strike training will end up badly for someone. I would like to know the story of Shifu and Lady Wu, it sounded interesting and sex scandal-filled. Hope the next update comes as soon as possible cause to be honest I would rather know more about this story than to go see the actual sequel of KFP. Amazing chapter, keep up the good work.
nievelion chapter 6 . 4/4/2011
First off-I love Viper, she is hilarious, especially in handling Po and the four males of the Five. But while Tigress does need to accept the truth about Shifu and Lin (though it looks like Lin's confession may have precipitated that), Viper does need to learn when to back off. A trait she seems to always have in KFP fics, it seems... Loved the opening bit with all the Five in general, can't wait to see what happens with them while Shifu is away!

This chapter really shows how suited Shifu and Lin are for each other-because they both have good sides, they make good points, they elicit sympathy and understanding in the reader...but they are also dense, abrasive, annoying, blind, and bring most of their bad karma on themselves. For Shifu's part, while he has a right to be aghast that Po blabbed about the letter, and him going to Shanghai with Lin, it's his own fault-Po wouldn't have known if he hadn't told him about the letter and tried to get him to pry info about it out of Lin. He is also genuinely obtuse, thinking that telling Lin he sees no point in her going to Shanghai because she doesn't know kung fu might not make her feel useless and offended.

On the other hand, the scene with him and Oogway's portrait was very poignant and painful and revealed a lot about why he is the way he is right now. (Not that it justifies the terrible way he was treating Po. I know he can't change overnight from how he was in the movie, but jeez!) And he DID have very good points about Lin leaving him, not being around for Tai Lung, and not telling him about her meeting with the snow leopard. Plus if she had told him earlier, and that she had managed to calm him down a little and not get killed, that might have raised her cred in being able to help now. On the other hand, considering at least some of how Tai went wrong was due to Lin's example in the first place...

On Lin's side, she is absolutely right to be angry that Shifu considers her useless (or seems to) just because she doesn't know kung fu. Her staying around wouldn't necessarily have prevented Tai turning out as he did, though it would give her more info which could help now-though having a mostly outside objective participant may help too. And Shifu is utterly dense when he doesn't see why she is offended, or realize she came back to the Valley for him and only him, and why. Her explanation for why she felt trapped, but wasn't blaming him for it, was especially well written. Still, once he did understand, things got a lot more tender and open between them, if only for a little bit.

But like Shifu, her biggest problem seems to be her mouth. On the one hand, she can't keep it shut and hold back things she really shouldn't say, and on the other hand even when she has something important to say, she always manages to find the worst possible way to say it. Case in point, her little talk with Tigress. I'm glad it managed to be as civil as it was...but I do hope once Tigress calms down from the news she received, she'll realize Lin wasn't trying to manipulate her, just make peace for Shifu's sake. (And everyone's health and sanity.) As for her and Shifu...I want them to be together and be happy (or the closest they can come to that), but it's going to be a long road still (and I don't just mean the one to Shanghai), and they'll both have to change to make it happen.

Very much wondering who Tai's "friend" will be. And of course wondering what will happen next. Sorry to hear about the writing delay but believe me I understand. Will be waiting for more when you get to it!
Ulver33 chapter 6 . 3/28/2011
I am sorry to hear that we have to wait for another chapter, but they are always worth the wait. Of course the humor between Lin and Shifu is always hilarious and I can't wait to read how their trip goes. Curious how Tigress will deal with the gang back at the palace too. Great chapter.
58 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »