Reviews for Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY: Red Planet
macrossMX chapter 6 . 12/17/2013
hmm Kira is hesitant on initiating Thunderclap and Agnes had just fired up the people of the Austral Colony to fight to the last man. This is not going to end well.
Wandering Zephyr chapter 12 . 6/11/2012
Okay, on what I've read so far and the little snippets I gleaned when browsing your work to decide whether I should give the whole lot a go, I've reached my verdict.

If we take the Destiny rewrite on its own, it probably doesn't exceed the canon version. Matches it, but not exceeds it. My main reason there would be that while the narrative remained excellent throughout, there was a bit in the middle where the overall plot seemed to disappear (battle of Arzachel to Gigafloat). It was still well worth a read, but it would almost have been better seen in expanded form as another side story.

However, as I'm sure you've seen coming, my opinion is that take the entire rewrite *series*, and canon is left wondering where everything went wrong. Your story shows far greater depth, long term planning and generally better pacing. Each side is far from perfect, and you've done well with character development. I'm sure the rest of your arc will be keeping to these high standards.

So now then, Red Planet specifically. I withdraw my previous opinion that 12 chapters wouldn't be enough - it clearly was. I was hoping that some characters of the MLA would carry over, but I guess they've played their part. We now know that Kira is all but lost, and that the Minerva is going to have its hands full when this lot gets back to Earth. (If we get another hero killfest though, I at least want to see Valentine get a Tanhauser to the face first!)

Anyway, this was by far the best section so far. Keep it up!
Wandering Zephyr chapter 4 . 6/2/2012
Wait, Kira *wants* to die? Has he finally begun to realise what he's become? ...Or is it more a case of running from all of the losses?

All in all, this part of your extended series is doing well at rounding Kira back out from the flat, revenge obsessed character he'd become in the last installment. It doesn't mean he's any better, just that he's deeper and more believable. I hope this increased characterisation continues through the other two stories.

Sorry MLA, but I know exactly why you're losing. Try a lack of cooperation and coordination. In other words, not a united front. Shame, because this story is intriguing enough to be worthy of more chapters than 12. Perhaps it's the completely new setting. I can only hope some of the elements bleed over into the other fics.
zzxxphaser chapter 2 . 2/23/2011
I won't read any more of this, the stupid annoying smart comments the pilots make piss me off. They would be too busy to act like smart ass school kids.
DarkJackel chapter 12 . 12/26/2010
A fine end to this little war. Hopefully it will take longer than Valentine or Kira expect to get things in order for the invasion of Earth. Also after giving the Gundams such a beating if we might be seeing ZAFT eventually bring back another mobile suit from the original Mobile Suit Gundam, one intended to be the answer to the Gundam, the Gelgoog.

If nothing else it would show the seperation of the Mars forces from the Earth forces when the time comes.

I found Vargas' death to be prarticularly telling of the kind of man he was, a puppet king. Reliance on super-weapons is almost never conducive to victory in war.

Thanks for the fic.

HubrisP chapter 11 . 12/18/2010
Excellent work, if you want you can use some of my OCs, mainly a Krane Hibiki whom like his younger bro (Kira) works with a faction of ZAFT Remnants - more importantly he leads the Neo-ZAFT Empire and becomes the Vanguard for Kira and Valentine's return to the Earth Sphere near where he is based at: "Meteor City" in the Asteroid Belt.
bleacher chapter 11 . 12/17/2010
nice i seriously cannot wait for the rest
Vandenbz chapter 11 . 12/17/2010
Those new Astrays are awesome and their pilots are definitely enjoying the chance to get some payback on those Impulses. It's about time that ZAFT apart from Kira got their hands dirty with their regular mobile suits rather than the Gundams. Too bad they suck compared to the aces. I was surprised to see Omega get killed by Agnes, at least he doesn't have to suffer anymore. I do hope that Agnes survives to fight alongside Shinn later on. Please update soon!
DarkJackel chapter 10 . 12/15/2010
Well now that Raclyffe's scheme has come to an end it is time for the final battle to begin. Hopefully it will be a suitably epic and apocolyptic battle to usher in a new era for Mars. It looks like it will be quiet a show.

Considering what ZAFT has gone through I doubt that Vargas has any idea the forces he has unleashed.

Thanks for the fic.

bleacher chapter 10 . 12/10/2010
this just keeps getting better and better
Vandenbz chapter 10 . 12/10/2010
Janelin probably isn't going to be feeling well after Agnes gets through with him. Daring plan of Kira's, I feel sorry for Rayclffe. He really only wanted to improve the situation rather than travel down a path of annihilation. Looking forward to the combat debut of the new machines.
Vandenbz chapter 9 . 12/6/2010
Raclyffe has a good idea, shame that actions like this tend to go bad even for those with the best intentions. It'd be a good idea for him to reveal his reasoning behind what he's done before things really go badly. Gary and Juarez seem to have doubts regarding what's happening, maybe Raclyffe's words will impact them most of all. I wonder how long it will take before Agnes acts on Omega's words, finds the Turn Delta, and commanders it. Those new Astrays are certainly going to gather interesting data under those two pilots. By the way, what's going on with the Astray characters in this altered world, just curious about it. Please update soon!
DarkJackel chapter 9 . 12/3/2010
Well the final battle sounds like it is shaping up to be a fine spectical. Untill then I look forward to seeing how Kira will handle Raclyffe's insurrection. Hopefully Kira will declair him guilty of treason against ZAFT causing the fleet to have to choose who they will side with or, failing that, find a way to end this himself. Personally I favor the later as it shows ZAFT chosing its final course for itself and, in the wake of a sudden, violent coup, would allow Valintine to secure her power. Besides I am sure the Minsiter of Propoganda (whether an existing position or one that will) would eat up the story, esspecially once the Marshel and Vice Marshel's involvment is revieled.

Thanks for the work.

DarkJackel chapter 8 . 11/30/2010
I had a feeling that Kira would have to launch the nuke assault and likewise knew there wouldn't be much of a backlash. I get the feeling that Valenine has manuvered things to be in her corner enough that the coup may be less successful than they anticipated. However now that Kira is firmly ale to unleash atrocities the final battle with the MLF should be quiet the spectical. I have to admit that I look forward to seeing the kind of Mars born from the ashes of this war.

Nice work in leaving some of the other characters alive. I look forward to seeing the "Hero of Mars'" reaction to the death of his civilization.

Thanks for the work.

bleacher chapter 7 . 11/21/2010
very good story cant wait for another update to this