Reviews for Past in Present
Calzona-Rizzles1997 chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
I actually love this. You did a really really good job.
Arron008 chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
I like where this is heading its sweet and comforting, I hope you continue writing it
hello chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
nice! wish you'd consider updating! great start!
fanfic fan chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
Loved this story, this is what that scene needed. They almost got to the heart of it, but not quite. Your dialogue here:

I'm cold, Jane," Maura interrupts, her voice quivering. "I'm cold like him."

"You're not cold, Maura," Jane contradicts with a reassuring smile. "You're a good friend. You care about me, and you show it."

"Jane- I don't- I don't interact well with people. I have a job so I can spend more time with the dead than the living. I didn't bond with my parents in the way I should have. I might- I might not be capable of love- of loving someone. I live by my head, not my heart- It wouldn't- It wouldn't take much for me to completely disassociate from society, to reason away law and consequences-" Maura says frantically, moving quickly between each thought.

Jane grabs Maura's arm and turns Maura to face her, halting the spewing words.

"Would you hurt me Maura?" Jane asks, her voice harder, and rising in volume. "Would you do what Hoyt did? Could you drive a scalpel through my palms?" Jane asks thrusting her scarred hands into Maura's face.

Tears fall from Maura's eyes.

"No," she whispers, shaking her head adamantly. "I'd lock myself up before I even hurt you like that," she says so softly it's barely audible.

That's what was needed for that scene. Thank you for writing this, i loved that scene but was frustrated that they didn't quite take it to where it needed to go, but you totally did that. In my mind, I'll just pretend that this is what happened.
Steeleafan chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
cobraj899 chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
Great start! ] please update soon :)