Reviews for It's A Humpty Dumpty Kind of Life
TangiblyYours chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
I would just like to start off by say how much I genuinely enjoy your writing style. This is the second story I've read of yours, and your style is extremely prominent in both. It's very poetic, and your descriptions are very unique and I love that.

I love the plot and idea of this story, because I would have never imagined how Remus would have felt once Sirius was convicted for murdering James and Lily. You portrayed it so realistically, and the bit of romance you added in was absolutely splendid. Believing that Sirius betrayed not only James and Lily, but Remus and their relationship together as well was believable, because I could seriously see this happening. It adds such a nice little insight and depth to Remus' character, and expands on a element of the actual novels that wasn't presented in much description.

Sirius and Remus are such a real couple in the books, and I know that a lot of people even go as far to see them as canon. I've always liked that; it seems real to me, and I can only begin to imagine how Remus would feel once Sirius was convicted of such a heinous crime of betrayal against his own friends. And following that idea, I cannot imagine how Remus would feel when he found out it WASN'T actually Sirius who betrayed them, only to lose him again not long after.

And finally, I loved the details at the ending. How you talked about how Remus was shattered, and the pieces were scattered in several places. It went well with the following paragraph where he mentions disappearing and going to several places but nowhere at the same time. I liked that a lot.

Once again, I really enjoy your writing style, descriptions, and characterization.

Thanks for posting! :D
SoUsay234 chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
This is wonderful. I loved the first paragraph, it tells you everything and sets the tone, but still manages not to reveal anything - great introduction. Then the rest of the story is nice and sort of angsty and really well written. This is a seriously amazing piece. I loved it :)
TheDigiZoo chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
interesting, and angsty. a good quick read. keep it up!
MadameCissy chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
Love it. I am beginning to like this pairing more and more and you have caught something so emotional in beautiful words. The emptiness, the desperation and the sense of loss has been written so perfectly.
hot chocolate mess chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
This was very sad. It had this aura of sadness. You could tell that Remus was with Sirius and how Remus felt betrayed by what Sirius did. Good job. ;)
hiddlestons chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
Wow. I really, really like this. I like your use of imagery and how you described Remus' shabby appearance. I also like how you gave us a very descriptive insight into his feelings. Wonderful job :)

-ESSie
Princess Ducky chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
I loved it. I loved it so much. The emotions were raw and believable and wow, I could feel the hurt jumping at me from the page. The ending is amazing. I just loved this.

-Princess Ducky