Reviews for This is How it Ends
Mini Minccino ON HIATUS chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
This was beautifully written; Carter x Kat always!
OhTex chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Oh this is so wonderfully sad! Beautifully written!
iwantyourovaries chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
Those last two lines...perfect 3 SOO much love for katXcarter- and this was just perfectly written and balanced. Fantastic job!
PrincessJessica24 chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
nice short.
F o N t E. AQUA chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
This is how it ends? You remind me of Cortana's quote, "This is how the world ends." . But only worse. Oh god, man. You made my iced tea spill D:

This was beautiful. I wasn't expecting to find any Carter x Kat fictions but this stood out from all the stories I've read. It was so powerful I felt like crying. Somehow, I personally feel that even if Carter has a cool, professional side, there was this thing inside him that tells me: Noble 1 has feelings for Kat. And when he held Kat's body in New Alexandra, I believe that he did feel like screaming and sobbing hysterically in his mind. To lose another Spartan, besides Thom and the person whom he was close with was just... unbearable. You could actually fit yourself in his shoes now.

When Carter was going to ram that Pelican into that Scarab, it leaves to the imagination of what he was thinking about before he fulfill his final part in war. However, I like your idea. He clutched those tags tightly that I could imagine tears forming at his eyes. He's finally dying and he's making preparations to FIND Kat before he leaves for the afterlife.

"I'm coming for you Kat."

You know what? Both Kat and Carter are DEFINITELY gonna meet each other in the afterlife. I hope they do, that is. Besides, it cost Carter HER life. He had to pay it somehow. Now that he's in heaven or someplace whatsoever, I smiled when I visualize the first embrace they will share when they have another meeting.

Good work, marine. I love your writing style. Subs and faves are all yours I hope you can write more.

-Aqua
Major Mike Powell III chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
Well, well, soldier...

This was...man.

When I heard Carter on the radio when that Scarab showed up...Hell, when I saw the beginning cutscene of the mission, I knew Carter wouldn't make it.

But...still, that didn't make it any better when he said he had the mass. ;O;

I actually saluted my TV and muttered: "It's been an honor" when he blew that Scarab to Kingdom Come.

And now, he and Carter would finally be together.

Nice work, marine!

Semper-Fi! Carry on!
CISfan chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
Loved it. I've been looking for CarterxKat fics and so far this is the only one I've found.
Kwaj chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
Good story, but a slight nitpick: military dogtags in the modern day have the soldier's name, blood type, and religious denomination on them. Height and weight are irrelevant, as would be "UNSC," since she's obviously a member of that military.
theodore214 chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
That's pretty much how I pictures it. Great job.
halogirl117pr chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
Aww how sweet. I love it.
Joddity chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
A great in depth look at my favourite character's last moments, great job!
Credete chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
Hmmm, interesting. I liked it.