Reviews for Stop Breathing, Right Now
Paprika11 chapter 1 . 7/5
Wow. Firsthand I can say that this is really realistic. I used to (still do? I kinda go on/off at times- which is a pain in the ass) go and like, kinda hint at stuff to people when I felt low, thinking I didn't want help, but knowing somewhere in the back of my mind it was okay. And they don't really. Catch it, they just kinda... Drift away slowly.

Now my feelings go on and off- one day I'm great, the next, it's horrible. (No, I'm not bipolar, contrary to the belief of a friend) (also, I'm better. I found something to live for, and so I can't really... Well I could, but I really wouldn't... You know what? I'm gonna shut up now)

But seriously though, this story is very realistic! I like it very much!
Vincent-Vladmir chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
Will or are you going to do another chapter? I want to see what Toph does and who saves her/ if they do.
PeeblesPlusMarcy chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
This is really intense, and has a lot of beautiful emotion in it. I love it so far & it's only been 1 chapter.
eliissexy chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
this was just, really good
Hotaru-Naichingeru chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
Man, thats intense.

Write on!

Naichingeru!
Sheerwillpower chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
More?moremoremoremoremore! Like,when the rest of the gAang finds out?plleeeeeaaassseeee! moremmoreMOREMORE!
DARWIN51 chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Honestly, I wish Avatar wasn't rated for little kids. They could put much more meaningful stuff in it, such as they could make the oh so obvious Aang and Katara thing more intimate, or how they could reveal the obvious past of child abuse in Toph, and this story is perfect with revealing some of that, and it being self-inflicted makes it better. Very nice work, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who saw this in the show
Justadreamer15 chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
wow...sad...i dont understand tho...whats wrong wif toph. shes emo now?
A Silence in Winter chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
Toph! D: I just want to give her a big hug and tell her it's going to be okay! ...Although knowing Toph she probably wouldn't like that very much. :F

This piece was beautiful. As a person who has been through self-harm, I can understand the feeling of needing an escape from life. Although she's doing it all wrong. D

It really hurt to watch her try and try to subtly get help from Zuko and Aang. It came across so softly, the way she hit Aang and how she tried to distract Zuko. Neither one of them realized. Awww...

Katara's compassion in the end filled me with hope that maybe, just MAYBE Toph would look to Katara for help. I was a little disheartened when she refused Katara's help. But then again, that's sort of typical for people going through this. You want help but at the same time you don't. It's rough. Although I could very much see Toph struggling with these issues, especially involving rejection from boys, assuming this is a couple of years in the future.

Someone needs to give her the "fish in the sea" talk! Like I said, this whole ficlet really made me want to give her a giant hug and tell her that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You did a fantastic job eliciting a powerful emotional response in the reader. Very dark, but also truthful and moving. I really believe that there need to be stories like this published in the Avatar department. I see far too many OC stories about characters who develop romances with canon characters or people who have, in addition to the avatar, gained the ability to bend all elements.

This was refreshing. Very refreshing. You are a truly talented author and I sincerely hope you continue to write Avatar stories so I can have something delicious to savor time and time again! Your writing is impeccable and your in depth analysis of Toph and the strenuous emotions surrounding this subject is superb. Well done, my dear!

I'll be looking out for further work from you! :)

Sincerely,

Leigh
Kyra Rivers chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
Honestly, when I clicked on this, I was expecting something, well - cliched and poorly written, based on my past experience with stories that try to tackle this subject. I'm glad to say that I was pleasantly surprised - this was dark and well written, and not crazy over dramatic. You've clearly done your research with self-harm and hiding - the way Toph kept trying to reach out in subtle ways, but kept getting blown aside by her friends who don't realize anything's wrong (except Katara, in the end, and even then, it's not enough.)

I thought this was a powerful story, both in its writing and plot. It definitely gave me a very real feeling of loss and fear, and all I could think during a lot of it was "Come on, someone notice" because it's just going to get worse. Thank you so much for writing! This is the kind of story that stands alone perfectly, yet I can't help begging for a sequel just so I can read about her getting help. Good job!
Katsumara chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
Aww.. poor Toph. She needs some happiness in her life.