Reviews for The Helix Trap
Guest chapter 2 . 4/20/2014
This is stunning and well-written! Inception is usually difficult to write about, but you've certainly made it believable and attention-keeping! I'll be reading more!
A Frequent Blue Moon chapter 20 . 11/1/2013
Hi I just want to let you know that this is one of my favourite stories and in my mind this is the sequel to Inception. I always catch myself thinking that it's nice Eames ends up with Fissure in the film, only to then realised that actually I'm thinking of your story. Love it. Thanks for writing it.
sMoKa chapter 19 . 10/4/2012
LOL I think links don't work here.. I'll try again.
art/The-Helix-Trap-330614338?ga_submit10%3A1349343480
sMoKa chapter 20 . 10/4/2012
I don't know exactly where to start with. It's been a long while I haven't read any fics, but I remember finishing the first chapter of your story and getting really impressed, but just after that I gave it up because I wanted to read it straight ahead as soon as I had more time. Well then, I obviously couldn't stop at any point, and it took me several hours of sleep, nights I spent glancing at my PC.

First of all, your characters are extremely close from how they look in the movie, touché on that, trust me, I got many times sick of Eames's 'darling' -christ, he only said it one time in the movie!- and you mostly avoid making him the constant joker, what is also a point on which I agree. He's my favorite character and I got really excited every time I read of how he behave. I loved Robert too, of course, you performed him as the completely innocent victim, alone and despised from everyone because of his inheritance and also infected with Inception, what finally went wrong -a very good point by the way, that 'idea' planted on Mal's mind changed her completely, so why wouldn't it destroy Robert Fischer too? Loved that-. I liked to see that you mixed in everyone again, especially Cobb, what I think must have been difficult, but you managed it in the best way (and I didn't expect Nash). You made that Dr. Banks a very interesting woman, it's just... everything, there's nothing missing about them -though I don't like Arthur very much, and after all he did.. uuh.

The interval times, descriptions, information and details are outstanding, I couldn't misunderstand or see something missing, the simple thought of the endless details you must have dealt with is admirable. I especially noticed on the fact when you uncover why Arthur hadn't found out that Robert's mind had had subconscious training before.. that he had already been in it. Excellent.

Now to the story. You didn't only focus on the relationships between Robert and Eames and Ari and Arthur, that's something that deserves a monument (spanish quote). There are barely non-fluffy fics in here, so let me tell you that your story's development made the intimate moments you described a hundred times more stimulating and euphoric than any sex interaction I've ever read on an Inception fic before. I really mean it. The Helix Trap is a very ingenious purpose, my god, you should go to talk to Nolan and persuade him to direct a sequel, you'd get multimillionaire with this!
Back on where I was, you combined excellently mystery with romance and you know damn good how to keep a pair of eyes stuck on the screen!

One thing I can't get out of my mind, perhaps because I'm staying in love with Eames until hell freezes over, is what Arthur said to him during their fight. You created Sullivan on your own, didn't you? Because I almost shouted -hey, I shouted on a lot of things, maybe you think that isn't so important hehe!- when you named he had an ex. Perhaps you didn't worried about that touch, and I would understand it, but it still keeps me eager lol

So to finish with this, and so you don't have to put up with my endless English mistakes anymore, I reiterate, you're a fabulous writer and I'll surely read more of your stories and review them, but I'm afraid I won't have much time in the next three months, so keep your hard work up and expect my read-loyalty!

Besides, here is a little gift for this amazing story... I couldn't resist! I hope yo like it.

art/The-Helix-Trap-330614338?ga_submit10%3A1349343480
My Misguided Fairytale chapter 20 . 4/12/2012
I thought this was just fantastic. Very imaginative, compelling, and I agree with previous reviewers that this felt like a very natural extension from the movie in the way that the characters act and think and the way you've incorporated the Helix Trap, Whipping/Transitioning, etc...it's original and creative and made for a really fantastic read. I couldn't wait to get to the next chapter fast enough as I was reading! Very good job overall on this. Thank you for writing it.

~Jess (My Misguided Fairytale)
Rainebow chapter 20 . 3/4/2012
That was just simply beautiful! The descriptions were vivid and simply amazing.I love your characterizations of Fischer and Eames, particularly Fischer. I also love the idea of the Helix Trap. It's new and seemed to be part of the movie itself.

Overall, it was a simply wonderful story and you should definitely write more of this.
doodlechick12 chapter 20 . 3/2/2012
This piece of fanfiction was simply amazing! The character development was some of the best I've seen on this site and the storyline was extremely interesting and I found myself very excited to see what would happen next. Loved it.
doodlechick12 chapter 16 . 3/2/2012
This is the best Inception story I've ever read. I'll even dare to say that it would make an extremely awesome sequel to the movie. It's simply amazing and the characters stay true to their characterization of the movie, I think.
ShippingISilent chapter 20 . 2/29/2012
This was such an amazing story! So glad I came across it. You're an excellent writers and the characters are spot on!

I'm speechless, but this story was great!
j chapter 20 . 2/15/2012
I thought my fanfiction days were over, but after watching Inception for the first time (yeah, late to the party) I just had to see what was available. Luckily I did, missing out on this fic would be a shame.

It was just amazing. I don't know if I'll say everything I wanted to say, since I'm writing this the morning after I finished, but I hope I'll get the point across.

What drew me in and made me like the movie in the first place was the plot, with all its complexities and intricacies. The characters were fine, but I didn't think they were memorable by any stretch. That all changed after reading The Helix Trap. You retained the plot elements that I loved and added even more details that unexpectedly made perfect sense, a hard feat to do with the story of such a movie as Inception. Fischer's dreams, his projections, his connection and relationship with Eames... sigh, everything was perfect. I also particularly like the action scenes- they were really exciting.

Not only that, but you made me like (love, in some cases) the characters much more than the movie did. I had a soft spot for Fischer, and... this fic gave him so much more depth and probably made him my favourite character.

"... he wept, exhausted and ashamed and terrified, until all his life had flashed before his eyes and he had nothing left to give."

I just really loved that line, and it stuck with me after the end, probably because of the raw emotion behind it.

Ah... I feel really empty after reading this, a feeling I usually get when finishing off a good book. Empty not in the sense that the ending didn't give enough, or because of disappointment, but rather because I was so sad to see it go. I'd love to visit Eames and Fischer again sometime.

Anyways, I just wanted to congratulate you on this story and at least leave behind some message about what I thought about it. It'll be seeing a lot of rereads from me. And might I dare say... my mind has practically established this as canon after the movie, haha.

Thank you for providing an excellent piece of work.
A-none chapter 20 . 2/1/2012
O my god…And there I was thinking I won’t ever find anything decent with this pairing but this…

This fic is one of the best things I read in _years_

The plot. Damn, I can’t even…The PLOT! All the twists and details, all the steaming action, brilliant dialogs and character interactions. Quoting Yusuf, ‘what an extraordinary mind you must have in order to’ came up with such a complex and enormous idea, and be able to work it out to the very end at such a high level of quality. Epic is the word.

The characters. They’re not even IC, it’s much more than that - they’re exactly those people from the movie, down to every word they say. I loved your Arthur, even though I don’t really like this character at all but his reactions here are SO real and humane and I was very deeply imbued with the conflict he’s going through. Your Ariadne is insanely sweet and strong and just…fascinating) Eames, oh Eames….let’s just say I’m even more in love with this man after your story than I was after Nolan’s movie. Wonderful, wonderful character. And Robert, with all those disturbing nightmares of his tormented soul, is simply beautiful.

And thank you, thank you so SO much for making Eames/Robert pairing so real, so touching and believable. I was a very sad and lonely shipper of those two until I found this fic.

Now, I’m not even sure that I need anything else from this whole fandom, because your story _has it all_ and much, much more.

You’re an AMAZING author. Thank you.
Jade Ferral chapter 20 . 1/21/2012
"I'll sell him Richter Cole's. He likes their shoes."

Now THAT is good writing. Referring back to something said in one of the earliest chapters- something that would appear to just be a throw-away sentence.

I think I reviewed this once before, but that was before this was finished. I'm glad I decided to read it again to see how much more you had updated.

This is really, truly awesome. I am in awe of people who write stories like these. I'm scared to write an Inception fic because there's so much detail and science and facts that go into each one. How you even came up with the Helix Trap itself is mind-boggling. It's a brilliant idea. All of it.

And one of my favorite things was how you handled the Arthur/Ariadne relationship. Arthur wasn't all "relationships are bad and interfere with work" and Ariadne was a little scared of him and was afraid she didn't/couldn't love him. It was much, MUCH more plausible than this whole idea people seem to have of Ariadne being hopelessly in love with him and him being so work-focused that he couldn't even think about having a relationship.

I also think I said this in my other review, but I'll say it again- this could very well be a canon sequel to the movie. That's how real and in character it is. I congratulate you on a job very well done.

P.S. I just removed this story from my favorites just so I could add it again as I sent this review. You should feel honored- I do NOT pick favorite stories lightly. Out of the 1000 fanfics I've read, I currently only have eight(nine, including yours) stories on my favorites list. So yes. That shows how amazing this is.
runningflower chapter 20 . 11/23/2011
AWESOME!really awesome story! love this couple to death. Eames/robertforever they need more lovin, to bad there aint enough stories about them, yours is like the only good one,the best of the best.

Eames/robert forever woooohooo!:D
Turtle Kid the Woolgatherer chapter 20 . 10/20/2011
I don't know what to say. I mean, I wasn't sure Eames and Robert could even work, but they can! And now I love it! I also love the amount of detail put into this story, and how it expands on the movie so well. Thank you for writing!
Ashabagawa chapter 10 . 9/1/2011
This is amazing. The only reason I haven't reviewed before now is that I've been so desperate to click on the 'next chapter' button that I haven't had time. You write incredibly well and, if you haven't already, you should consider becoming a professional author - I'd buy anything you wrote! Another wonderful thing about this story is that the characters are all spot-on; in so many fics they are completely out of character, which ruins the whole thing. Here, they're perfect and I really like all of them.

It's interesting that, although the Eames I write about in my fics is completely different to your Eames - he's not gay for one thing - it doesn't make him seem any less lifelike. Sometimes homosexual relationships come across as really contrived in fanfictions, but Robert and Eames' seems really quite realistic and I care about them both a lot. The same goes for Arthur and Ariadne.

I'm going to stop gushing now and carry on reading - I might explode if I don't. I'm really excited about reading the rest!