Reviews for Hush
Reine de la Mort chapter 1 . 9/2
Well, you've probably had thousands of other people over the years, all telling you how great your writing is, and I'm just going to be one more person who says how great your writing is, because I agree. On the other hand, this is of course subjective opinion on my part, since I can relate very well to the theme of unrequited love or longing, driving people to do insane things.

From the ending, it's clear that you understand the overall themes of Inception very well, and how Christopher Nolan wanted people to be able to interpret their own ending for the movie, so seeing this open-ended concept was a lovely callback to the movie itself, for me. It's very rare for me to see an author who understands the themes of the original work itself well enough to even tie it into their own fanfictions, so I really loved seeing it here.

On another level, I think you did a great job of showing the use of dreams as a form of escapism, which I think the movie really could have focused on a bit more.

Unrequited love, or even realising(or simply believing) that the person you loved was only manipulating you the whole time, is something that really can drive people mad. Perhaps it's just that I've had experiences with this, but I could very clearly tell how Arthur was driven to despair over his feelings about Eames, especially because of his close, constant contact with his subconscious in his line of work. When you're reminded of something like that every day, it eats at you.

In particular, the despair and hopelessness Arthur was feeling was amazingly emphasized, mainly because he was so desperate to escape from reality, that he was willing to go to Limbo just so he could have a version of Eames who loved him openly. And yet, at the end, you also managed to include a conclusion that I found myself: Escaping to dreams and fantasies won't work in the long term, because even if you fill the space around you with your own creations, it's not real and it's limited by your knowledge. On one hand, it's easy to see how Arthur was tempted to go to Limbo, and on the other, it's also easy to see how living out a bunch of lives countless times in Limbo drove him to depression and severe apathy.

In short, a lovely piece of writing that works on several levels and explores a use of lucid dreaming that wasn't fully elaborated in the movie.
Gosh the details and descriptions and comparisons are breathtaking! The angst in it makes me want to just shake them! I do wish you would've continued, but who knows in the future? :)
ImaginaryArtist17 chapter 1 . 6/11
I love this more with each reading, simply fantastic story!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
While I think it was one of the best writings I've ever seen, I only read complete fics, and it wasn't nice to read tbc at the end. You really shouldn't do that... But good job! (:
Mieke Chen chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
Hello fishwrites, I love your story "Hush" and I'd like to translate it into chinese if that's ok with you. I'll post it .com. Thank you so much!
AnarchistMongoose chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
Oh my god What. Just. What. That was really confusing and I still don't really usenet stand but oh my it was just so beautiful and well written and amazing and wow. WOW. Um. Sorry for ranting a bit there but I just waned to let you know how much I absolutely LOVED that. Just, thank you so much.
PIRATEofHOGWARTS chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Oh i cant wait for more! Update soon please!
Qu33rzi chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
SO so amazing.
I need the ending so bad.
I love this story.
DreamWalker18 chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Holy crap. So good. I just can't even comprehend how amazing this is. Okay, quick question, but it says "tbc" at the bottom but then you've marked it as complete? Are you actually done with this (please say no, please say no, please say no) or is it just in hiatus? Please write more! I love this so much!
XandyNZ chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
OMG. Your writing is just... nrgh. Love it so much.

Inception naturally has that whole 'messig with your mind' thing going on, but you've taken it one step further, and all your Inception stories are lovely.

Love it. 3
DemeRain chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
Brilliant, pure and simple. I love how you built on the world of the film and played on the emotions of the characters. I'm secretly a huge fan of angst. But be kind to your readers, and revisit this story, please.
Kanikan chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
amazing story... the 'tbc' at the end, will there be a second part?
Ulaire chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
Oh my...that was very confusing...yet at the same time I understand it...hmm go figure...
mudkiprox chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
O.o what a mind trip. Arthur went really nuts didn't he? I really want to read more of this and find out how it ends.
sunny-rain chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
Wow, this is one of the best Inception fics I've read! I love the plot, the details, the wonderful characterization- will there be more? I can't wait!