Reviews for Arlothiyenne: A Tale of Destiny
R.0608 chapter 50 . 8/25/2023
First things first, did you write this with English as a second language rather than your primary? I only ask because there were a lot of errors in the writing. A lot of things like incorrect tenses, confusion of singular versus plural, and missing endings of words (exhe point across the bed" instead of "he pointed"). It made the story difficult to immerse myself in, as you also used modern vernacular too heavily.

That's such a shame though because it was a decent plot and I enjoyed some of the characters quite a bit, despite them being at times heavily OOC.
Ponytail Goddess chapter 50 . 8/19/2020
So... it’s probably a long shot at this point, but I’d love to read the end of this story, if you felt so inclined to finish. I don’t really think it needs some big intimate scene at the end to make it amazing. I’d just love to see Haldir and Arlo settle into a sweet married life together.

I would also recommend keeping the epilogue attached to the actual story, even if it is long. Otherwise, some of your fans may never end up reading it.

My favorite part of this story was how sweet and endearing you made Haldir’s character. He was kind and not intimidating or stern the way many people portray him. I loved how tenderly and purely he loved Arlo in the story.

I hope to read the end sometime! Great story!

-P.G.
Ponytail Goddess chapter 49 . 8/19/2020
I loved the part where Manwë and Elbereth came down and spoke with Haldir. I almost feel like this chapter could have been the story’s end.
Ponytail Goddess chapter 48 . 8/19/2020
This was a good battle scene :). I hope Arlo will be ok.
Ponytail Goddess chapter 42 . 8/19/2020
This is the best and most interesting chapter yet! I love the idea of her releasing the elf from the orc. It was very creative and very well done.
Ponytail Goddess chapter 41 . 8/19/2020
Haldir so desperately wants to keep her safe. I hope they can find the right balance between duty and protection.
Ponytail Goddess chapter 39 . 8/19/2020
Interesting new character. I’m curious about this new battle for the elves.
Ponytail Goddess chapter 35 . 8/18/2020
Aww... thank goodness they worked it out.
Ponytail Goddess chapter 34 . 8/18/2020
Oh, that was sad. I hope she and Haldir can work through this.
Ponytail Goddess chapter 33 . 8/18/2020
Great battle scenes. I’m so glad she was able to heal Haldir.
Ponytail Goddess chapter 32 . 8/17/2020
I’m so glad they are reunited! I loved the emotional scene at the end of this chapter. It was beautiful.
Ponytail Goddess chapter 30 . 8/17/2020
Great chapter! My favorite part was the noble speech Haldir gave to the great army before they left Lothlorien.
Ponytail Goddess chapter 29 . 8/16/2020
I love the sweet moments where Haldir and Arlothyienne miss one another. I love how she carries his under tunic and he slept in her bed to try and feel close, despite the distance between them.

-P.G.
Ponytail Goddess chapter 27 . 8/15/2020
I loved the letters between them. Great idea.
Ponytail Goddess chapter 23 . 8/15/2020
So many sweet moments between these two. I love it.