Reviews for Jack and Diane
allieisrandom chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
You wrote this when you were just BEGINNING in GLee fanfiction?! Hard to believe. You were already good at writing Kurt and Burt's characters. I wasn't quite sure what age to picture Kurt in this but now I know he's about other words, fully grown and all.
trufflemores chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
You are the only author in this fandom that could pull off Kurt as a "half-human, half-bear cub whose cave is invaded by evil thugs who want to rape him and then he's saved by Puck, who falls madly in love with him even though he's not gay. Or a bear." I love your author's notes almost as much as the stories themselves; they're delightfully refreshing and new from the usual stream of silence.

Anyway. I loved this piece because we finally see Burt in a vulnerable mood. He's always so composed (or at least, stoic) that it almost seems impossible for him to actually mourn Mollie's death after a time. He moves through his life at a steady pace and performs the daily duties that he has to to keep going, but he doesn't aspire to greater ambitions and usually keeps his thoughts within a realm of 'safe topics' (i.e. things that don't involve his wife's death or his son's eventual departure to college). Seeing him in this kind of setting brings out his love for Mollie as much as it does his 'human' side: the part of him that does still feel the loss of his wife profoundly.

I love that Kurt is the one to find and share the grief with him, even if he can't say anything to truly comfort him. There isn't anything that can be said in a situation like this, but Kurt does the one thing that needs to be done: he shows Burt that he isn't alone. That, even if the Hummels have been broken and won't be the same again, they can rebuild and become something new. That hope for the future is what keeps them going, and you've maintained that tone throughout this beautifully.

Also: I think it's amusing that Mollie likes a Mellancamp song. I can imagine that would be a shock to Kurt, all things considered. They seem to have so much in common that it's funny to find something that contrasts sharply with his preferences. But it also brings Burt's relationship with Mollie more into focus, how they have things in common even when it seems like they, too, are very different from each other.

I love it.
mskelseylove chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
"Dad, there are only three days when we are allowed to wallow in self-pity and angst," Kurt said. "This is not one of them." He gestured to the dark room with the lamp. "What is this? And why does it require Mellencamp?"

This was so perfectly written that I read it with Chris Colfer's voice instead of just my normal head one. It sounds so much like something he would say.

And maybe I will write a story about how Kurt is a half human, half bear cub whose cave is invaded by evil thugs who want to rape him and then he's saved by Puck, who falls madly in love with him even though he's not gay. Or a bear. And then they live happily ever after and have lots of little half-Jewish, quarter bear, quarter gay babies through the magic of m-preg. The end.

-Still eagerly awaiting this fic!1!
aridnie chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
You are a horrible person. You made his mom die on my birthday! I've been reading all of your stories, and now I'm sad. Because his mom died on my birthday! AHH!
OneTwoOne chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
lol author's note cracked me up! Your stories are so sweet btw (:
melg97 chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
First, to your Author's Note - I completely agree! I don't understand all of the pregnantKurt and PuckKurt (or romantic KurtKarofskey), along with a few other pet peeves.

As for the story... great as always! I did want to point out that in your first story Mollie's birthday is in the fall (I think?) so if you wanted to change this one to make it fit with your canon... the date itself isn't as important in this story as in the other one.
rofro05 chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
This is just short and sweet and perfect. I love the back story of Burt and Mollie kissing. not to mention that I laughed out loud when Kurt armed himself with the lamp and prepared to go to battle!
redrosegal chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
Why does every story about Kurt make me sob? 3 Loved it!
TheRomanticNerd chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
Oh god, I'm glad I joined the fandom late enough for there to be enough Klaine fics to read and don't encounter much of these tropes. I have seen some references to the bear thing, but luckily, I have no idea what is this home invasion thing you're talking about :D

What kind of irks me is how Burt always has a shotgun or a flamethrower. Also, Puck calling Kurt his boy. He only said it once, but people act like that is the only thing he calls him -_-

Okay, rantage off. POOR BURT. I love him to death, I'm so glad he found Carole to be with him :3
thisaccountisinactivelosiento chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
Aaaawww. This was very sweet with just the right tinge of sadness. 3

And I don't quite understand some of the tropes either. I have read a few good home invasion fics, but the bear!Burt thing weirds me out. And I used to be a heavy Puckurt shipper (it was my first OTP), but then Blaine came along and I was like, "Ok, done with that." Some of the tropes are stages, I suppose. *shrugs*

golden-perception chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
Socebe chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
"To be fair, when they're good, the stories are very very good, but when they're bad, they're horrid."

Was this maybe, just maybe, a reference to 'There was a little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead, and when she was good she was very, very good, but when she was bad she was horrid'?

Great fic, sad and sweet and happy and adorable in all the right ways.
GingerGleek chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Aw! So cute and sad.
RekkaKouyuu chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Some authors are very odd, but if the story is written well, I'm game for anything. However, if their story doesn't make sense even for the world they've created, I just give up and move on.

But your world is amazing. I know I keep saying that, but you keep proving it true. Thank you so much for taking the time to create all these wonderful stories for us to read.
nessyschu chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
I have absolutely no idea why I actually know this song. But I do. And I like it a lot. And the fic was really good!