Reviews for Roses Are Red, Dead Men Are White
WolFang1011 chapter 15 . 8/30/2015
Well. Way to keep a guy hanging. I'll be waiting!
WolFang1011 chapter 14 . 8/30/2015
Well now. To break someone's pride, I can understand, but to willingly break one's own pride? Brutal. Me-ow. Well, myself being a rather prideful person, I can well understand how this goes. Logic is probably the only thing that can cut as deeply when one's pride has been humbled. Works wonders too.

Approaching the end, you say? Well. Here we go, then.
WolFang1011 chapter 13 . 8/30/2015
The bedraggled teddy bear though. That one hit the feels hard. I have no idea why.

Indirect self-harm? Well, I suppose I can get behind that. Also curious about this new doctor.
WolFang1011 chapter 12 . 8/30/2015
I thought that the punishment part was rather kinky. Hey, hate me for it, but I am a guy and guys have their minds in gutters.

The dream was nice, though. Quiet pleasant for a nightmare. But really, do much blood will be difficult, if at all possible, to clean away. I will confess that finding Avalon was a rather selfish objective for Lara. Other people paid the price dearly. She should have such nightmares more often.
WolFang1011 chapter 11 . 8/30/2015
Ah, the Croft Manor training room. It was a pain in the arse trying to complete the whole thing without falling once. The reboot did a pretty fantastic job with Lara, and I do believe that it's the best TR game so far, but I missed Croft Manor. Blame nostalgia.

I honestly just want to coo and hold Lara close and maybe look after her ankle. This is what you reduce me to if you put Lara Croft and angst in the same place. Gosh. I need to write a fight scene or something, get my rep up again.
WolFang1011 chapter 10 . 8/30/2015
I comment on something the last chapter, and you expound on it the next? What form of sorcery is this?!

But man, Doppie was excellent. Really. We don't usually get a peek into her nature, but this trumps all. Seriously, give yourself a pat on the back, because you bloody well deserve it.

More Winston! Yay! Like I said, love the old codger. You have a clear grasp on the headspaces of all the characters, wolf-sibling. I wonder how awesome a read it would be if you did a TR story now, with your current abilities. A guy can hope, right?

As for the next chapter... Lady Croft giving me a kissie? No? Ah well.
WolFang1011 chapter 9 . 8/30/2015
Well, here's some improvement. At least she's trying to accept Alister's death. That's one small step for Lady Croft.

Doppie though. She's become quite the loyal asset to Lara. It's different, seeing her emotional responses to situations. I wish they'd developed her more.
WolFang1011 chapter 8 . 8/30/2015
You're even going to haunt her in therapy. You remorseless, evil harpy you! Gah! Give my waifu a break!

I think you nailed the Doppelgänger, though. She's like the oblivious assassin, knowing only her art and not how the world works. As such, I think you did justice to her reactions. The scene with the doctor was also rather amusing xD

I'll get to the rest of the chapters soon, mate. But for now, sleep beckons. Cheerio!
WolFang1011 chapter 7 . 8/30/2015
I was actually wondering if we'd get a look at Winston. I've always liked the kind, old man. His suffering is greater than Lara's, methinks. To have someone who is like a daughter to you and watch her descend into madness...that'd break anybody.

Zip is just plain Zip. The in-game banter between him and Alister always made me laugh. I feel his pain.

Looking forward to what you have cooked up next.
WolFang1011 chapter 6 . 8/30/2015
You? Asking for tips on angst? My word, I never thought I'd see the day...

And I call Natla. But we'll see.

So much pain in this one, though. Lady Croft sure has it rough, eh? I can relate a bit, I suppose.
WolFang1011 chapter 5 . 8/30/2015
You know what they say: Men fear not death, but they do fear dying.

Beautiful piece of internal monologue. Death and memories. Like quicksand, those two. The sentiment was pretty clear, as were the descriptions, holy hell. No wonder you were awarded. You damn well deserved it, mate.

Has Lara lost it indeed. A bonkers Lara I am reading about for the first time. And I realised Zip and I think similar things. Fancy that.
WolFang1011 chapter 4 . 8/30/2015
Oh dear. A dumbstruck Zip. Never thought I'd see the day, but this is what's normal in this particular scenario.

But Lara! She was the first fictional character I fell in love with. It's hard seeing her love someone else. OhgodnotAedanagain

I hope that doctor gets here soon...
WolFang1011 chapter 3 . 8/30/2015
So I want to be mad at you for what you're doing to the love of my life, but my morbid curiosity just wants to push through.

Schizophrenia stemming from tragedy and denial. Poor Lara. Nuuu!

*sobs*
WolFang1011 chapter 2 . 8/30/2015
Probable romantic involvement? Maybe it's just me, but I never really warmed up to the thought of Lara actually falling and love and stuff. She's just way, way to hardcore for that sweet, soft stuff. But that's just my interpretation.

Or maybe I just want her for myself. Could be that too.

Stoked my curiosity, this one. Alister's death was always hard to get around, no matter how many times I played Underworld.

*sighs and clicks on next chapter*
WolFang1011 chapter 1 . 8/30/2015
Seeing as how this is old and how your current writing ability is among the best I've seen on this site, I'll refrain from providing concrit.

If I start fanboying over Lady Croft, I won't stop for a good few paragraphs, so I won't even go there.

Descriptions are rich and the emotions are palpable. I think these are your strong suits? I could be wrong, but your masterful wordsmithing shines in these matters more so than others, I think. Probably.

Onto the next chapter!