Reviews for The White Swan Lodge
ChristyWIX chapter 17 . 2/7/2015
Her feelings for him haven't changed at all and for that I am very grateful. She's just hurt by the omission he had numerous opportunities to just tell her. I still really appreciated the time she gave herself to just stop and think. It was also wonderful that Alice came by to see if she was okay. I really loved that. Such an extremely kind gesture. Charlie was fantastic in his fatherly wisdom. I really liked what he had to say on the whole thing . . . encouraging, strongly, to at least speak to him. I did not expect anything less than a glowing review. I didn't expect it to be laden with the innuendos and that was brilliant on your part. Letting him give voice to everything he felt while there. No one will be the wiser on that either. Just the two of them. I'm glad she's going to Chicago. It should be her going to him at this point. Well done.
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 2/7/2015
She's right honesty and communication are THE most important things in a relationship. Without them, everything falls to crap. Hot sex will only get you so far. If you're lucky, like I am, you get it all in the marriage. I am glad she's taing sometime. However, she may just talk herself out of it altogether if she waits too long. He had so much time to tell her . . . and so many opportunities. Sadly, he dug this hole . . . let's hope she can help him out of it.
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 2/7/2015
Yep, that's exactly like I expected. Only thing is . . . I don't like that she didn't let him speak. Grown ups let the other speak, even when this furious. She needed to let him explain. He needed to fight harder for her. When she calms down, she'll Gino about all that they shared and realize there is more. Meanwhile Edward is going back to Chicago to brood I'm sure.
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 2/7/2015
It was so cute that you had them sleep in a bunk bed . . . you really had me laughing about that. I really liked how Esme, Carlisle and Alice all welcomed Bella with very open arms. I had a feeling when you mentioned that Renee bought her stuff from a boutique in Seattle, that it would be Alice's . . . the small world aspect. Glad I was right about that. I also saw that phone call coming a mile away. Even mentioned it in an earlier review, when it died as a result of the toppled canoe. Now Edward is up shit creek and he only has himself to blame. She asked not once but, twice about his job . . . both times he skirted the issue completely. Did he think it would just go away? He's a fool. Now, he's a fool in deep shit.
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 2/7/2015
That was extremely kind of Emmett to come up to Edward and apologize for Rosalie's being a complete bitch. I am glad that they finished out the week, staying at the lodge. Disappointed in Rosalie still remaining a bitch. Even after learning of Bella's own mother dying. More than a simple thank you would've been nice but, can't win them all. I love that he took her to meet his parents had they had such a great time. I do know when his truth comes out, she'll be rightfully angry. I think that them falling in love wasn't in the cards though, so maybe she'll understand. Although, he's had ample time since that first day to tell her what was really supposed to be happening and explain. Yet, he hasn't. Yikes!
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 2/7/2015
Grrrrr, he did exactly what he should not have done. He had a window and took the coward way out. Shame on Edward. Not to mention now his phone is fucked and he won't get the message from Sam or Aro announcing the new 'guest' that's actually a critic. What the hell crawled up Rosalie's ass and died there. I hope that Emmett can reel her in and get her to not complain to anyone who'll listen . . . she's clearly passed at Emmett for dragging her away from where she wanted and NOTHING would've made her even moderately happy. What a giant bitch she is. Good riddance.
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 2/7/2015
I'm so glad I was wrong in my assumption that he read the situation with Bella and Jake wrong. He still considers him a non-threat, yet he was curious if she noticed him looking at her that way. I loved his talk with his mom and her understanding on why he was leaving them earlier then planned. It was great to learn that Jake is engaged and that it is just friendship he's seeking. That doc romp . . . you killed me with that one. So freaking hot . . . I love lakes and just, WOW! I love the casual, what's Adventure. Now is the time for him to come clean. If he sidesteps it, he'll be even more screwed over later on with her. Find your balls Edward and jump right in to tell her.
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 2/7/2015
Great! Charlie, of course, likes Jake and they've bonded. Then when Edward finally called, Jake is making noise in the background. Most likely causing Edward to think the worst about her and Jake. Then, when she calls him back, the idiot has 'Adventure' on his damn voicemail. Crap!
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 2/7/2015
A bittersweet chapter. Them knowing that this is an amazing connection that they have together, at the same time knowing this may be the last time they see each other. Then with her dad popping in early, they didn't even get to kiss goodbye. All the feels right now, all of them. GAH!
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 2/7/2015
Interesting that he's falling for her and letting her fall for him, yet his honesty is still missing. He really needs to rectify that. Before he leaves on Friday. If she finds out another way, he'll be screwed from ever havin another chance with her. What a really great date. I loved what he packed for the picnic and you made me hungry for it all. Romantic setting. Sitting wrapped around one another enjoying the evening. Very hot sexy times. You are so very good at writing those scenes.
ChristyWIX chapter 7 . 2/7/2015
Raccoons are evil little buggers, for being so cute. They used to growl at us when they'd knock down are garbage cans and couldn't get into them, as we had them bungee corded shut. They'd make such a racket in the noise department. Not surprised it freaked her out. Edward and her making out and talking through the night was sweet. Liked that Jake was clearly interested in 'Bells' and Edward laid his claim. Typical men. Funny stuff. I did like that he caught her looking at him and it gave him the knowledge that Jake was no threat after all. Very hot schmexy time in her room . . . talk about afternoon delight . . . yummy.
ChristyWIX chapter 6 . 2/7/2015
What a lovely evening they spent together, with cake for dinner! Talking and enjoying each other's company. Then the day they spent together was wonderful. Having a lovely breakfast together. Conversation and hiking. Her crying, him comforting . . . the kiss. I'm glad he stopped them . . . she just needed something, anything, right then. He did the right thing with merely holding her. More conversation over wine and prosciutto. I liked that they separated for a little while too. Then making dinner together was divine. Really good vibes between them. It's too bad he's not being honest with her . . . sad even. She's letting him in and he's just, well, not. At least he's noticing that his reactions to her are stronger than any other woman in his history. That's something good.
ChristyWIX chapter 5 . 2/7/2015
Well, isn't he quite taken by Bella? He's also rather jaded, no that's not quite right, cynical is better. Can't quite put my finger on it completely, but it's there, his cynicism. I liked that she busted him checking out her ass . . . that was funny. Him helping her with making his bed was interesting. Will he mark her lower for not having a room ready for him, when he didn't even have a reservation? You've got my interest piqued, that's for sure.
ChristyWIX chapter 4 . 2/7/2015
Yep, I'm in love with your main character, the lodge. I would love to go there myself . . . hehehe. I'm thinking that Edward knew exactly what I thought he would. Hiding his true identity of a critic, on a place that he can clearly see, she is just working on. Getting it ready for the guests she's expecting in a couple of weeks. My imagination says he's going to hide what he does from her and that's shitty. Let's hope my imagination is wrong.
ChristyWIX chapter 3 . 2/6/2015
I liked that you added that he didn't care for his boss and that the job was wearing thin on him. Otherwise, he would've come off as someone out to hurt the places he visits. I really don't like the surprise visit aspect of this. Thankfully, it's Aro's idea and Edward is just going because it's his job to do so. However, I think I now know what he's apologizing for in your prologue. I could be very wrong though. I almost wish I hadn't read that now and started with chapter two, not the prologue.
2,349 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »