Reviews for Disintegration by mopstyle
Marie One chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
I am sorry this is only a oneshot I would love and Epi followup years later how they both are together. Was there a case, a what happened and what lead to the attack, the whys. Thanks for a great story.
JasperLuver48 chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
Really really liked this! Great job!
LuckyStar815 chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Oh God. This is a perfection. Love it so much! I'd love to read if it even eventually becomes a multichap, so please let me know if you intend on continuing!
DarkBlueBella chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
Very well done, a powerful and moving story about love and determination to help another through the worst of times.
Hev99 chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Really haunting and beautiful. I love how you wrote Edward here, how he refused to give up on her even when she gave up on herself.

It's a difficult and touchy subject to write about and I think you did a fabulous job.

Best of luck in the contest :)
LightHeartLoreli chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
Hi there,

I'm intrigued off the bat as to why people are at Rosalie's and why she feels the need to hide in her own house. I'm assuming that a family member (Jasper?) invited them. I know that feeling well - often times parties can be overwhelming, especially when people "invading" your space, when you are used to having it to yourself.

'"Rosalie, please," I begged, trying to sound frustrated and aloof rather than desperate. I could beg her all day, hold out hope that she'd wake up one morning and realize how wonderful she was and how much I wanted to be with her, but I wondered if any of it meant anything to her. It did to me. She was the reason I woke up in the morning. She was my every earthly desire. She just didn't seem to get it.'

Really dig this because we get an insight to Edward's thoughts and feelings here. I appreciate the way you are telling this story, not giving the reader everything right off the bat and making me wonder what exactly happened in their past.

"She managed to steal my breath, my heart, and my soul in a matter of weeks. The thought of her leaving for two and a half months nearly killed me. I didn't know if I would actually survive the summer without her.

I did, but she nearly didn't."

Gah. You're hurting my heart over here.

I think that the progression of this works well. I'm glad that you had some time pass before the healing could truly beginning for her and for them both. So important.

This is honestly such a touchy subject and something that I didn't think was given nearly enough thought about in canon. I really appreciate you taking this on, showing a reason for Rosalie's attitude and how someone like Edward could come along and lift her up, joining her in that journey.

Thank you for writing Roseward and good luck!
evilgiraffe82 chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
Oh, lovely. You draw both Rosalie and Edward so well - his devotion to her and her dependence on him are beautifully depicted. Edward's confidence in his love for her is wonderful - it doesn't matter what she says, he knows that he will still love her. Very well done, and thank you.

Best of luck in the contest!
tiffaninichole chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
This was so haunting and sad. Beautifully written. It's amazing how you were able to convey such strong feelings with so few words.
HarryHermioneEdwardBella chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
nice story
soobliette chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
I really enjoyed this. I was struck by how Edward knew Rose so well. He spoke so accurately about what she's like. It reminded me of the the Rosealie from the books - willful, stubborn and angry. But I loved how Edward gave some insight into that part of her personality:

"Coming on strong was the only real way to get through to her...Anger was her strongest coping mechanism. It controlled her every thought, every movement she made. It decided what she said, where she went, and which object she hurled across the room. Nothing calm or rational or sincere could compete."

I loved his complete devotion to her also. My favorite line: "As I tend to do, when it comes to you." I think this is a great entry in the contest. Thanks for writing it!
chrisguy9017 chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Very far and yet very close to cannon. Loved it. Would give an arm and a leg for an epic length fic featuring this pairing but until then we have to appreciate all the one shots thrown our way.

Thanks.
Edrose chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
Beautiful... love the story, love everything you all work on... everytime i read an E/R story, i'm more convinced that they actually belong together and SM got it all wrong... they are such strong characters... and while interacting with each other they bring it out... Bella only makes Edward look weak... Thanks for posting this story, it was wonderful... hope i can read more of your writing!
winterstale chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
Oh. Ugh. In a good way, though. :)

Rosalie's sexual assault is something I have huge issues with because of the way it was dealt with in canon. I've seen very few stories that actually deal with the aftermath in a believable way, usually insinuating Emmett appeared and she was either magically healed, indifferent to it all, or retreated into an ice princess facade. I love that you've shown Rose, and in so few words, as a much deeper, nuanced character.

I think when you delve deeper into Rose, you do find a great match for Edward: a much more mature, evenly balanced match. Even though Edward says he will sacrifice anything, I don't see him breaking off parts of his psyche to stay with her, he can be steadfast without being a martyr.

And again, I really appreciate that you provided detail about the rape, without veering into a full doctor's chart of her injuries. This kind of sexual battery is different in some ways than a rape by one perpetrator and I feel that you've given a sense of that in this story.

As I said before, you do all of this with very economical use of words and I'm a little envious of that! There are some very poetic phrases here without being purple prose-y and that's a hard balance to get right.

I love that this contest is anon, but it's driving me crazy, too. I think I know your writer's voice. It seems really familiar to me!:)

Best of luck in the challenge!

w
Domysticated chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
I loved this story. I love Edward's determination in being there for Rosalie, and his ability to recognise her signals, even to the point of doing the opposite of what she's saying.

She tries to scare him away, but he doesn't budge.

Lovely, hopeful, and perfectly formed. Good luck in the contest!