Reviews for Legacy of Kain: Absolution
detheroc chapter 52 . 11/2/2014
Well i read Soul Reaver 3, now it is more clear in this story. Umah return, I see. So i were like to read this story that cross from Raziel and Kain, just like in LOK: Defiance. Good work.
So this gathering of allies in this story give more of reason to look forward how it will finish. If there is another sequels and continue of this plot.
Deaths Gate chapter 52 . 9/27/2013
awesome story
but i beg you please tell more about kain and raziel.
finish it please, will they defeat the elder and the other divus? oh please, please continue the storyline, same with heritage, please. you wrote a storyline to powerful and captivating to just let it end without a resolution..
Great work
Limacandy chapter 52 . 8/7/2012
You are so amazing...

I..I...
._.

You are soooooooooooooooooo amazing! I have not slept in three days to read it completely. You're very talented! I love it!
HaleyJo chapter 52 . 6/22/2012
I have beyond enjoyed this Legacy of Kain continuation. Most people - everyone - completey ruin it when they try to do this, so I am more than impressed. My only concern is the rather consistent misspellings. Though those look like your autocorrect just corrected your typos wrong, because they were always close to the right words. Other than that...really, wow. I blew through Blood Omen 3 to this one in two days because I just couldn't stop reading. I could hear all the characters' voices in my head, and it was like the original writers had finally sat down to continue the story. None of this sounded contrived or hokey or anything like that. I'm still geeking out about it. Please, once you have it all formulated, continue with Heritage. This is way too amazing to end here, just like the original games.

-HaleyJo
Finalfaw chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
3) cont: maybe Raziels brothers make an apperance, raziel making a more phsyical use of the souls, and the turelim culture is never really shown compared to the rest. and

maybe some living avatar of the elder god? something that gives it a physical apperance besides tentacles and eyes.

4) very little for once, his part in the grand game should be stuck to his current time, like it always has been.

5) probably set during the years of sarafan occupation, like MGS: Vorador ha, lots of stealth and espionage.
Finalfaw chapter 52 . 6/13/2012
brilliant stories, iv reread over and over, as for ur questions:

1) in terms of power, Vorador is the oldest of the non-kain hybrid bloodline, and in your fic he is a former serioli, maybe the element of fire is a major factor in combat, possibly his evolution factors in this.

2) the ruins of dark eden, it hasnt been mentioned in the games since BO1, and the serioli stronghold and janos' retreat.

3) its difficult to think of characters due to most main character dying in the course of the games.
BizarroVeR chapter 52 . 1/8/2012
Outstanding writing, your portrayal of each character hasn't been matched, and their backgrounds and personal agendas are just the icing on the cake! I love your choices for additional characters through the stories, and drawing from concept possibilities of lost Nosgoth history - BRILLIANT, in all caps! I cannot express how much a dream come true it would be if the games continued from the inspiration from within the tales you weave. Everything is masterful, I could scarcely stop reading or turn away in fear one of the beloved LoK characters would be lost to cruel destiny.

1. I recall he could teleport, and had raven familiars in SR2, and he was a master swordsman, as well as being far older than Kain, and preceeding his life line.

2. Of course he must visit his old mansion (and maybe a mcdonalds) And perhaps the cities where his Cabal had stationed their work

3. Kinda wish Alicia didn't die :c

4. Early Sarafan, before his assassination of the early Circle. Why did he do that again?

5. I think it'd be something like Defiance, but maybe a touch of BO2 where you could actually choose where to use special abilities without a special circle or whatever _V_

6. I have a liking for Greek, Aztec and Egyptian culture, but it's hard to find translations for Greek. But your chosen names always allign with their characters.

Cannot wait for your next installment, whatever work you do on it well be legend. As I've stated before, I'm confident to call this solid cannon. Thank you for all the hard work, sweat, and delicious blood you put into it. You really must begin writing plot lines for games soon, my dear. The industry severely needs talent and dedication such as yours.
bug chapter 52 . 10/21/2011
For once I would like to read a story where Kain does not feel guilty for killing Umah - a person who betrayed him and stole the only thing that ensured his victory, but I think I will have to wait to do it. She could have been his queen - had she not betrayed and robbed him! She did and suffered the consequences.

Otherwise, in a whole it is a nice story.
The Squid chapter 52 . 7/21/2011
That's hot.

_

Vorador gameplay/powers might be more about commanding the thralls. sneaking and pouncing moreso than Kain because he's not unstoppable like Kain is and has to worry about maybe dying. So less bravado, more stealth & strategy to his attacks? Some powers could be connected to the ancients whose traditions he'd remember in a way Kain still doesn't. So Vorador's magics could have a different flavor to them, a twisted angelic vibe instead of Kain's necro powers like we're used to seeing.

Locations: he might have new reasons to dig up old ancient ruins, lost city, etc., cuz he knows where powerful relics and stuff might be, unlike Kain, but maybe there was no reason to use these powers against mere humans, and then living on the island restricted him from going to these sites, but now he'll say "screw it" and do what needs to be done because now is the armageddon that these hidden powers have long lain in wait for?

I'd like to see more people wake up with Elder Eyes attached to their foreheads and junk.

For time periods, is Vorador even a time traveler at all? Maybe it's peer pressure that makes him time travel. ("Come on, Vor! All the cool vampires are doing it.") Or he might fix things in the present day and be the guy who says hi to the hylden, because the serioli fugitives know only war with the hylden and might be less able to forge a peace.

for new Myth references... eh, something about souls & spectral maybe, if Elder's schemes are being revealed, that is. Reincarnation (the wheel) is Hindu. And the sanctuary of the clans looks like Arabic architecture for some reason. Hmmm. Maybe a Celtic Nature Entity to reveal how Elder's philosophy is full of crap.
Sockmonkey66 chapter 52 . 7/6/2011
I so love this story. The character interaction is wonderfully colorful.

I think Voarador's style would be almost the opposite of Kain's. Using his special powers in a more refined way such as using telekinesis to unlock a door rather than kicking it open. Brute strength would be reserved for combat where he would just hack enemies to bits with his sword rather than anything fancy. Apparently he can summon crows to spy for him. I'm not sure how often he can teleport. I would imagine it's rather taxing.
Tonnerre chapter 52 . 7/6/2011
Holy Shit. Well words cannot express how impressed I am with you for your eloquent way of making history come full circle. The Divus Legions are the Nemesis. Dear Gods that's trippy. i almost shook in my shoes. I'm looking forward to reading a tale from Vorador's perspective. I bet it'll be a welcome change. You rock, keep it up.
The Brief Silence chapter 52 . 7/4/2011
Just. WOW.

Really now.

I really don't know what to say. I keep reading it over and over again and I still don't know what to review on this masterpiece! ;A;

Alright, I'm gonna watch that account of yours in dA for the intro! I am tad bit wary about taking the role of Vorador but hey, knowing you and your godly awesome writing skills, I might enjoy it just as I have enjoyed Kain's and Raz's. :'D

And here are my answers for the following questions you posted!

1) What powers should he use?

I'll be honest. I don't know him much but I do know he can teleport, suck blood from afar and yada. You know Vampire powers? Just like Kain in BO

2) What locations would you like him to revisit? (from any previous games or my stories)

It would be nice to revisit the remains of Vorador's mansion to be honest. xDD I would like to see Nuprator's retreat one more actually. And the Human Citadel! :'D

3) What characters 'Official LOK or from my stories' do you wanna be included and why?

Honestly, I am satisfied with the main characters: Kain and Raziel But having Vorador now as the main character...hmm...well, I actually want to see a bit of Janos and Vorador: father and son relationship

4) What time periods do you want ol' Vorry to muddle through and why

WAIT. WHAT. HE'S GONNA TIME-TRAVEL AS WELL! Hmm...I am not sure. I'm just fine the way it is. ;

5) Just for fun, is Vorador did get his own game, what would the gameplay be like?

If? I imagine it be like Kain's but seeing that he's much older now then I guess there would be some powers that Kain didn't have.

6) So far I've used a great deal from Babylon, Jewish and Christian mythology. Any other references from folklore you think would be good in LOK and why?

LOL! Why did Norse came to my mind when I read this? Greek? But hey, your call dude I really do love your fics _
derlich chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
11 out of 10. Best fanfiction I've read. Period. Can't wait to read the next installment!
will zona chapter 52 . 6/28/2011
this chapter is awesome. can't wait for the next one.
Lunatic Pandora1 chapter 52 . 6/28/2011
So it's finally over... for now.