Reviews for Brave New World
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 47 . 12/24/2011
The starting concept of this series was simple, but it did have some intriguing ideas behind it, and you explored the subsequent plot rather well.

Your analysis of Merlin and the other Arthurian characters in “Third Apprentice” was particularly engaging- I admit that I kept judging them against their equivalents in “Merlin” most of the time, but even then some of your ideas about Guinevre’s role in Camelot’s final downfall and Morgause’s defiance of her sister were rather interesting-, the circumstances behind the vision that gave Balthazar such minor but crucial pieces of help in his discovery of the Prime Merlinian in “New York Minute” was rather interesting- particularly in the connection to Horvath’s fate and Becky’s past-, and subsequent developments in this story definitely lived up to the standards of this series.

The groups’ efforts to help Veronica adapt to this new world are subtly introduced without appearing too quickly or too slowly, Becky’s family history provides some interesting ideas about her character and role in overall events, while the resurrection of Mordred gave them a very interesting new threat to face, possessing personal ties to Balthazar and Veronica while also being someone that literally none of them expected to face again.

Interesting touch regarding Excalibur’s role in British history, and Mordred’s new nature is certainly disturbingly effective, creating a powerful foe who nevertheless has some very interesting skills beyond the simple fact that he’s technically already dead (To say nothing of being completely insane on an almost Joker-esque level of insanity).

Becky’s ‘death’ seemed a bit much- particularly since the circumstances surrounding it all seemed a bit too ‘deus ex machina’-esque to me-, but Horvath’s attempt to manipulate Veronica certainly fit his personality, and the conclusion was still satisfying when the fighting was over.

Keep up the great work!
fanastikal chapter 47 . 11/21/2011
This is actually the second time I read this; the first was before I knew it was last in a trilogy, so it made a lot more sense this time. This was a wonderful, epic story, and I'm so glad I read it again. Thank you for this.
ScrewballBRaine chapter 10 . 11/13/2011
Wow.. Not liking her mother at all.

The movie wouldnt happen to be "She's out of my league" would it? I saw that, it wasnt bad :)
Arlothia chapter 47 . 4/16/2011
BRAVA! Very well done! Wow! 330 pages! That's awesome! This was such a good ending, but of course leaving more to be written which I shall start momentarily _ Old man shoes on. Check. Actually I'm barefooted right now, which I prefer...oh well! Thanks for the shout out! And I shall be constant with the next one as well! 100 chapters here I come!

Quick question, though: The third envelope had the date as 1 year from now, but when Becky conjured the picture in her head the kid was about 5 years old and born in May of 2011. Did the date just mean "open me at this time"? I guess I'll just have to read and find out, now won't I? Keep it up!

Arlothia chapter 46 . 4/14/2011
WOOOO HOOOOO! That was totally awesome! That was sooooo cool! I loved it! And we still have more to go! Yippee! I love how Dave killed him exactly how Arthur did! Nice touch! an then of course: "Who do you think I'm talking about? Teresa Palmer?" That was amazing and made me laugh, but not too loudly because I'm in the computer lab and have to stay quiet...ish. You make that difficult! I wish I had time to read the next chapter now but I have to go to class. Dang it! But this has been absolutely amazing! I can't wait to read the next one, and maybe by the time I'm finished with that you'll be working on the next one! I'll try to keep current with that one! Keep it up!

Arlothia chapter 45 . 4/12/2011
YESSSSSS! That was so awesome! But I have a feeling that Horvath will be back in the next story. So Kate is facing her destiny, Dave's fighting Mordred, and Becky's coming to help...with Balthazar and Veronica on the way! Dude this is going to be epic! Only two chapters left...and then 100. Bo ya! I am wondering what's going on with Drake at this moment...I hope he's brought back. Keep it up!

Arlothia chapter 44 . 4/12/2011
Oh the epicness! Go get 'em Dave! But Mordred is VERY good at what he does! YAY! Becky's back! Poor Balthazar! He must be crushed! Sorry for the delay...school started! Keep it up!

Fishyicon chapter 3 . 3/30/2011
I'm enjoying this story more than I can say so far. I suppose it's a bit corrupt to read this story without having read the other two in your trilogy beforehand, but I won't have the courage to quit this for another one just yet.

All the romance bits are perfectly full of emotion, happiness and humour. You have a gift for writing them that I adore immensely. I simply can't wait to see how you will portray scenes of more action-I'm sure it will be spectacular whichever style you select!

I'm glad you've finished this story so I don't have to wait for updates, though I don't think I can keep reading al night long, against my better wishes. I will simply some up by saying once more that I am in love with this story already and am eager to see which direction it takes!

Oh, one note-since I don't want to see a story as beautifully executed as your suffer from the inadequacy of a sore translator site, migth I be so blunt as to quickly correct your French in a few places, being French myself? Please ignore this if I'm being rude. If that is the case, I apologize profusely.

Becky should say to Dave: Pourquoi est-ce que mon chéri ne peut pas dire un mot simple en français?

Later, to the waiter: J'aimerais les crêpes aux fraises et à la crème fouettée et deux grands cafés, s'il vous plaît.

And finally, the waiter to Becky: Vos crêpes, madame.

I hope you enjoyed writing this as much as I am reading it! Best of luck with any future undertakings with your writing,

Fishyicon
Arlothia chapter 42 . 3/27/2011
DUDE! Nailed it! Knew she wasn't dead! And nice to know about casters and recievers! So Becky is superly-duperly powerful, huh? That is so freaking awesome! So it's Nimue she and Lacy have been seeing! That makes sense! But coming back to life shouldn't be fun at all for Becky! I think Dave's going to have a heart attack when she comes back! Keep it up!

Arlothia chapter 41 . 3/27/2011
OOOOOOOOOOOO! Zombies! This is going to be fun! And for some reason I find Mordred talking about cloths very funny! I didn't know he was in to fashion so much! And yet, it suits his character. Nice touch with that! Very much Dark!Dave...I like it! Keep it up!

Arlthia
Arlothia chapter 40 . 3/25/2011
No Veronica! You have to remember! Poor Dave! I hope he gets to use at least some of those million and one uses for Excalibur! And poor Kate as well! This is all getting very sad and depressing. But I really liked Balthezar's pep talk. It was a good one. This is just awesome! Keep it up!

Arlothia chapter 39 . 3/25/2011
So I looked up what a 'spancel' was and apparently it's a rope used to hobble an animal. So I'm guessing this spancel is used for sort of the same thing...I'm guessing. Either way it's not good to say the least. I have a feeling that we're just getting revved up for some really epic battle! I can't wait! Keep it up!

Arlothia chapter 38 . 3/25/2011
Poor Dave! I'm thinking we're going to get a little Dark!Dave here! Woo Hoo! The killing of Mordred and Horvath seems like a lot of people deserve to do it so I think it should be a group effort. Nice bit with the latin phrase. At first I couldn't remember where it was from and then you reminded us. thanks for that! Or else I would have been looking through every chapter trying to find it! "I didn't ask you my name. I asked which one did it." That was pure awesomeness! I don't know why but I really like that line! Very OOC Dave but then again this is a very special circumstance so considering that I guess it is in character. Wonderful job! No one close to me has ever died before (people that is) but I've had some very close pets die that were almost like family so I kinda know why Dave is acting the way he is. When something like that happens you just want to get things done. It's not the best way of putting it but it's the closest I can come to it. But it doesn't matter! This was so great! Keep it up!

Arlothia chapter 37 . 3/25/2011
GO KATE! Or should I say Bianca now? Either way, that was awesome! Justin was a totall looser as a Prime anyway. Bianca will do a much better job (though she may not like it, but I think she'll warm up to the job). So Dave's now going to know about Beck's magical relations! Finaly! But I guess it won't really matter much because you freaking killed her! I still think she's not dead, though. And one question: in 'The Third Apprentice' when they were practicing with the Hungarian Mirror Trap, when the bread was in there too long it kinda melted or something. Won't that happen to Abigail and Sun-Lok as well? Just a thought. But this was such an awesome chapter that I can over-look that slight detail _ Keep it up!

Arlothia chapter 36 . 3/22/2011
WHAT? You killed Becky? Well obviously this just won't do.! Dave and Balthazar are going to save her...I hope. I REALLY hope! Nah, no need to hope! You aren't the type to kill of main characters...are you? I guess I'll just have to wait and see! This was really awesome, though! So I wonder what that skin thing is for. I'm thinking a disguise thing or something...Keep it up!