Reviews for Jocasta's Pain
sweetchick621 chapter 1 . 1/11
This is really good! I am playing Jocasta in a play so I was just seeing what they had here! Worth it!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/29/2014
This was good.
The Killer Of Galactus chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
good poetry that is my favorite book and story of all times
JackieStarSister chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
This is a really good poem. You realistically capture some of Jocasta's thoughts, and your ABAC rhyme scheme is unique and works.

Incidentally, I agree, togas are cool. (In my 5th grade musical about ancient civilizations, we had a whole song about togas for Ancient Rome.)

Anyway, good job on this. Keep writing!
cindella204 chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
We just read Oedipus in english class, and I am writing an essay about Jocasta so when I saw this I though that I would read it. No I'm not planning on using any of your ideas, but if I for some reason do this'll be in my works cited page and have in-text citation. Are you okay with that?

Well done poem.

-cindella204
Twilightfangirl311 chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
This was very sad. You did a great job at describing her pain. I think you're a talented writer.
penquino35o chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
wow, this was really good! we just finished reading this for my honors class and i hated the play, but then we read this poem from like the 1920's and it was from Jocasta's point of view, and i really liked it and it was good and i like this just as much! yes, it is dark, but the entire book is dark so, it can't be helped. you're really good at writing poetry! keep writting! good job! :)
autumnrose2010 chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
That was very beautiful and sad.
BrittneyGlambertAlsoZeldaFan chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
this is very good. we just got done reading this play in school and just had a test on it today.
xxBLACKnWHITExx chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
Someone's a talented little writer! :) I may not have been the first to review...but I WAS the first to see it. That has to count for something, right?
toavoidconversation chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
You know, i really like it! Most people just don't understand the greatness of Sophocles. I'm studying Oedipus the King and Antigone for A Level Classics :-) awesome :-) just one thing... Aphrodite purring? Odd choice of word perhaps, not quite sure i get it :-\ but other than that, good job ;-)