Reviews for Singed
Guest chapter 1 . 2/14/2014
THATS IT! I couldn't put my finger on what was so unsettling about that episode... you're perfectly right, malchior was like a sexual predator 'grooming' his young victim. terrible. I initially thought of an older guy tricking an inexperienced girl into sleeping with him, but it was even more calculated and predatory than that. definitely a sexual predator. geez, it's crazy how they can make such a serious topic suitable for kids, you know? hopefully it can help parents and kids to talk about stuff like that, even though it's quite an outdated show now.
raven's 'he used me to get what he wanted!' really got to me. I felt genuine sadness when she said it. if you haven't seen the movie 'trust,' you really should; maybe the malchior episode reminded me of it a bit.
sinomin chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
Great fic! So much emotion and it was really well written:D Its so easy to picture Raven curled up in bed, completely swallowed up in her self-loathing. Makes you wanna just burn the book Malchior's trapped in. Despite being a Raven fan, I've always hated that epi.

All in all, great fic! And I've never actually noticed Raven becoming quieter (mostly because I don't watch in order) but now I'm going to watch for that:D
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
Oh, ouch.

I, too, despise Malchior for what he did, for what he was.

Poor, poor Raven. I just want to take her in and protect her and soothe her hurt and make it better.

But it can never BE better ... can it? Not really. Not completely.

Powerful.
Cylor chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
Interesting, I hadn't really considered that particular angle of it before. Nicely done.
forcedapathy chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
Really good, I like how you showed her vulnerabitlity, everyone thinks Raven is so impentrable but I think you captured her other side well, well done! :)
muddie chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
This story may be short but it sure packs a punch! The way you described Raven's emotions was really appropriate and the closing sentence, 'Never again', was a perfect one. I loved that it was easy for me to empathise with Raven since you provided good justification for the way she felt. Keep up the good work!
AndreiAstaroth chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Wow. I agree with your opinion about that monster.

Even if Spellbound is one of my favs -for Raven, of course-, the dark dragon's lie make me sick. How "someone" can play with a person like that? A very very heavy episode indeed, perfectly hidden in the events on it.

Your fic shows this so well. I only can imagine Raven hidden in the umbra of her room, with the eyes so hurted for the angry-crying, with this thoughts devasting her heart even more crawling on his mind... broken and darker. That's so.

Thanks a lot for sharing. Excellent work.
harley944 chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
awww sad
ravenlunatic96 chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
First of all, Teen Titans is one of my favorite cartoons, and Raven is my favorite character, so of course I knew that I would love it. Your author's note rant made me laugh a little, but now that I think about it that's exactly what he is...and yes, i did notice about Raven getting more closed in after Spellbound. I was also really mad at the people who wrote the show.

Anyway, for the actual review now. I love stories about how Raven felt after, and how much she hates Malchior. Poor Raven!

Altogether, i really liked this story, and as always, i find myself hating malchior. love ur stories :)