Reviews for Power
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 9 . 8/23/2016
I did enjoy it thanks! Still don't care for Akane though. The dumb bitch. And I do rather like Shampoo or Ukyo for Ranma but I also think Shampoo may be the better choice of the two.
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 8 . 8/23/2016
Hmmmmm...so Akane is still spoiled and Nabiki is pandering to it. She thinks one of the reasons that it didn't work out and won't work out is that Ranma lied. He didn't. He has no true reason to lie even if he kept things secret. He said he would beat her, made it clear he wanted to know what she did and he would do whatever it took which included being polite despite her bitchiness and training, which he did partially with another person. Not lies. The person who did lie however is Akane. She lied about her ability, over whether she was using some kind of trick, about being better than Ranma, and to herself over a number of things regarding him. And then to say that the Ranma Akane fell for isn't real and probably never was is some bullshit. That's practically like trying to paint him as the villain for her little sister's benefit. Ranma is generally a nice, polite, and very well meaning young man. Not to mention mellow. But he's no willing doormat so you can't expect him to continue to be that nice to some dumb angry bitch with a temper problem who's always trying to inflict some kind of pain on him no matter what he does or why. His social skills aren't the best and he doesn't really know how to properly act with girls other than distant politeness but that doesn't mean he's ALWAYS saying the wrong thing as these jackasses like to imply. Half of them are just too sensitive or immediately jumping to the wrong conclusion.
Glad he's not going to end up with Akane in her though. Very relieved.
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 7 . 8/23/2016
Akane really is a stupid bitch. And apparently like a thug trying to take cheap shots at ranma when he's leaving and not taking in the point of martial arts. His dad must've trained her very poorly. Or she didn't absorb everything right.
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 6 . 8/23/2016
Awww they're gonna be able to better appreciate each others hardships. And really Akane? Do you even try to not be conceited? You believe he's not really interested in you yet your adamant that him wanting to eat good food from a childhood friend's restaurant is always only cuz he wants to make you jealous. Bitch is you serious? I appreciate her sister trying to be a good sister but Akane is hopeless. And frankly probably shouldn't be in any relationship outside of herself.
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 5 . 8/23/2016
Wait...isn't your movie tomorrow night? Are you just gonna do both Ranma?
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 4 . 8/23/2016
Well I feel encouraged that Shampoo is slowly winning him over since he's so worried about keeping her waiting for training. And gawd could Akane get any more self absorbed? I mean I know a girl wondering about the thoughts and actions of a guy she's interested in is normal. I'm aware. I've done it too but damn is she too focused on what her affect is on him about every damn thing. I can believe she'd think he'd sneeze anytime he thinks she looks cute or some such nonsense. Ridiculous.
Also for being smart even Nabiki should have realized the most likely reason for Ranma staying. Sure he could be curious about Akane but that could really be just him being an obedient honorable son since they are living with the Tendos AND his father demands he marries one of them(which turned into him marrying Akane). But really the most obvious and logical choice is that he's safe-ish. Every single one of these engagements he has has been made without his knowledge, let alone consent. AND each of the women are crazy affectionate or forward or some other thing he doesn't know how to deal with except for Akane. She denies her engagement as much as he does AND goes to extremes to show animosity towards him so he doesn't have to fear her forcing him into a marriage he never consented to like the other girls. He has no reason to like her or to want to date her since she has very little redeeming qualities and is obviously a overly jealous witch since she has gotten upset over him talking to a girl and treats him poorly as a result even though he literally did nothing wrong AND they aren't in a real relationship. Sure there may have been times he seemed to have gotten jealous over her but honestly it could have just as easily been the way he was raised poking out to save a girl from obvious creeps. And he never insulted her by calling her a slut or something for all the guys that seem to chase her but she feels a need to call him a perv or womanizer because girls are so interested in him through no effort on his part.
I also find it interesting that Miss Akane-martial-artist observed how hard Ranma is training and how tough his father is being on him without making the connection that it's her fault for defeating him so dishonestly. And that the only thing she's really doing is making that gap between their abilities even larger.
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 3 . 8/22/2016
I like your story, really I do, but I am nearly thoroughly disgusted with Akane. And only by the 3rd chapter. tsk tsk. She's so...so awful. She's using this power she was given and in no way earned to bully and humiliate with no thought of consequences or how it makes the others feel, only the results she wants to happen. Then she picks a fight with a member of a known warrior race who have a reputation of killing their opponents or enemies when deemed necessary for their honor and she knows this. Her first knowledge of Shampoo was that the girl would doggedly chase an(female) opponent that somehow defeats her with the intention of fucking murder. Yet she goes picking a fight and causes her great bodily harm for a foggy ass reason and the thought never occurs to this bitch that Shampoo might get back at her with some kind of assassination attempt that could include poison. Akane has been downgraded to dumb bitch now thanks to that, regardless of if Shampoo goes to kill her not. I'm also disappointed that Ranma hasn't said shit or shown his displeasure to Akane over what she did, letting her believe that she's getting away with shit she shouldn't be which results in her getting what she wants regardless of if she deserves it or has any right. Hating her so much. I hope she gets her just desserts and Ranma is further disillusioned with that dumb bitch. And as for Akane acting nicer that he's wondering about maybe just MAYBE Ranma you should consider it has something to do with her being a cocky two faced bitch over managing to do serious unnecessary harm to Shampoo unprovoked!
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 2 . 8/22/2016
OMG THIS COLOSSAL BITCH! I can't believe how full of herself she is because of that pendant! So because your stronger than him and are fast enough to beat him (through no skill or merit of your own) you feel validated in being better than him?! And what's worse she's laughing at what he and his father considers to be a dishonor towards their family name. But yeah sure it's RANMA'S fault that you two never got along. It's not like you've been giving him shit since he first met you cuz you have issues. She's even still in denial over the fact that he doesn't chase women, they flock to him. And he's never once acted like a pervert and since he's half woman from a curse doesn't really need to be anyway since he could see all he wants of a woman's body by observing his own. Gawd she's such a entitled delusional bitch. I think she may even be worse than Kagome from Inuyasha. At least hers was a sometimes thing, Akane is like full throttle 24/7.
And for being a martial artists she sure as hell did nothing to further improve herself but gets huffy over the fact that others are better than her and completely ignores the martial arts motto of being disciplined and HUMBLE. She didn't earn these recent bragging rights of hers. It isn't some skill or technique she learned and mastered. She is literally cheating and being disrespectful to the art as well as Ranma by doing this. But of course THAT won't cross her bigoted mind.
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 1 . 8/22/2016
Omg. I don't remember the series that well nor did I finish it but I think you are capturing Akane very well cuz I'm getting REALLY frustrated by her already. I mean she wants to go on and on about Ranma making fun of her and his arrogance when one half of that supposed teasing is just in her head and two he worked and trained throughout half the globe to be as good as he is. So what if he's confident of his abilities? He has every right to be with his accomplishments and its not like he goes around yelling and boasting about it for all to hear unlike other certain characters! Cough Akane Cough Kudo cough.
Ibskib chapter 3 . 11/1/2015
Not sure where this story is going, but it's interesting so far.
Not sure if you're still an active author, but noticed a few errors:

breath - breathe (3 of the instances in this chapter of the word are verbs where an 'e' should be added at the end, it's what distinguish the verb from the noun)

as he disappeared - as disappeared
fighting seriously her - fighting her seriously

The formatting is also off some words that I'm guessing is supposed to be cursive of bolded have underscores around them instead, like this: _that_
Rune Tobor chapter 9 . 2/8/2015
Ranma is NOT a romantic comedy!
It is a black satire on the pitfalls of "honor".

Sadly the writer wrote Ranma into a trap.
The easy way out is for someone to help Ranma, that is why you see so many crossovers.
The other ways need a change at the start, like pairing Ranma with Nabiki.

I hate canon Akane, would cheerfully torture canon Nabiki to death over a week, month, or year.

But you have a point with this fic, that's why it is on my favorite list.
Pata Hikari chapter 1 . 11/16/2014
I'm sorry but the entire central "thesis" of this story, that Akane isn't a serious martial artist, is completely wrong.

At no point in the canon is this ever even shown. And in fact is contradicted by canon. Several points show Akane acting as a professional martial artist with Ranma, Genma, and Soun. Most notably when she goes down to Ryugenzawa because handling monsters is apparently a martial artists job in the Ranma universe.

If Akane having a life means she's not "serious" then Ranma isn't "serious" either since he's frequently shown reading manga, playing games, and just goofing around.
A Loyal Dicloni chapter 9 . 10/5/2014
I must say, in full honesty this is my favorite fanfic for Xian Pu and Ranma, it just makes sense. Like, this is how it should be. I agree, Akane and Ranma aren't suitable in the least, it would be nothing but hard ships but with Xian Po, someone who lives in a similar world as Ranma would be able to understand him and help him improve. Regardless of how long ago this was written my friend, you have a great amount of talent and I will be reading many more of your works in the future.
Z LOT847 chapter 9 . 3/4/2013
Damn, dude, this is impressive. I really liked the way that you nailed down Ranma and Shampoo's characters. Favorited.
LordsFire chapter 9 . 7/20/2011
I would call this story less of a romance, and more of an example of some of the building blocks needed before there can *be* romance.

My little disagreement there aside, this is an excellent story.