Reviews for BRONZE
Nautica7mk chapter 13 . 12/3/2010
It's funny how I'm rereading this here, but it's just one of those stories that can be read again and again, it's never tiresome. Bella waltzing into the palace has always been one of the most wonderful highlights of Bronze. The of power of authority that she imbues and the ease in which she does it amazes me every time I read it. She. Is. Badass. She puts Aro and Caius in there places like nobody's business. You already know how much I adore Bella here so without sounding repetitive, I'm just going to continue my enjoyment of Bronze through its conclusion.
denverpopcorn chapter 9 . 12/2/2010
Awesome.

You managed to make vampires soulful creatures. I want to sing this on the fandom rooftops and invite everyone to your party.

The textures are beautiful. The simple metaphors are powerful (sapling in the garden to compare him as young, yet).

The fact that Bella concentrates on the visceral - hot sand, rushing water, wind on skin - is a beautiful thing. Also, she does human things such as laundry, sweep, garden are just brilliant, brilliant touches to her character. It's also a refreshing change from AU fics. You make Meyer's vampire world, actually attractive and not limited to boring ultra-superpowers, wealth, and shopping.

I can't love this fic more...
denverpopcorn chapter 8 . 12/2/2010
I love his declaration:

"The thing is, I don't really like it when you give me space. It kind of drives me crazy."

How simple, how poignant in whatever shade of meaning he (or she) wants to give it.

I'm enjoying myself...

thanks for keeping me well-entertained
SiriuslyWyckedDream chapter 13 . 12/2/2010
I love new characters. Ginnie in Santa Fe with Nikolai and the others fighting against the newborn army in Texas. Maria's army? The ones that Jasper was training? :D See, soo good!

Bella just walks right into the Volturi and tells THEM how things are gonna go. :) The insight into Aro's history and some deeper connections to the players. Marcus' wife having the opposite effect of Bella. Nice.

So the three are off to India then?
SiriuslyWyckedDream chapter 12 . 12/2/2010
There is just so much in this chapter that is appealing.

Bella's acknowledgement of her true feelings towards Edward and even her attempts at accepting this.

All of your creativity and awareness of Bella's the world now and over time, back through time. You know true meaning and all that. Like with "Does the land have border lines across it? What do I care what humans call the ground I walk on?" and this "She had to show her passport again and again. There was a time when nothing held people back from roaming except a lack of transport. She felt a tinge of resentment at their attempt to control her movements." I appreciate this mind set.

Ginnie! Is she snippy and lippy because of Bella's gift or is this her personality?
SiriuslyWyckedDream chapter 11 . 12/2/2010
OH MY GRACIOUS! WTF just happened? Who? What? Why? Haha, this is a lot of fun.

He is young and impulsive, but he's smart and he is trying which is sweet. She is that still deep water.
SiriuslyWyckedDream chapter 10 . 12/1/2010
Sooo so good! I like her style. Be smarter, one step ahead. All in all I think Edward did fairly well in following her direction regarding the whole situation. I really like her stance on the Volturi and just how much she doesn't need them. Of course they aren't going to be pleased with her return message.

His deflection there at the end helps his case and her ability to joke was good.
SiriuslyWyckedDream chapter 9 . 12/1/2010
Yay! They kissed and not for any other reason except to kiss, a real, good, deep kiss.

This story is so good, my adrenaline is up from his hearing the intruders thoughts. He had caught their scent up river on his swim. I only wish they had chosen to stay together and not seperate.

Love all the inner ramblings, but even better is that he acted on them.
SiriuslyWyckedDream chapter 8 . 12/1/2010
Good for him in being able to keep it together and tell her how he feels and for her accepting it.

Bat is a lot of fun, with his teasing and pointing out the truth to Edward.

Like that Bella's mother was a healer and that she carries that knowledge on.
SiriuslyWyckedDream chapter 7 . 12/1/2010
I forgot this from earlier as well, the use of verbena. Haha, nice, I like this. Also the writing in her journal the Old English script, is that a recipe? Looking through her things was a wonderful insight to her.

New characters, Bat and Ginnie. Your story is an AU, but seems moreso like a history lesson. :) Bat is a hoot and just a plethera of information.
SiriuslyWyckedDream chapter 6 . 12/1/2010
Whoa! That was close. Thankfully she got to him in time. And I must say I thoroughly enjoy her tactics as I'm sure he did as well. Everything with her is cerebral. Now the question is did she go to those lengths simply to distract him or is this something she wanted as well.

Her creator is who? And she is over four thousand years old? (I'd really like that story too! Just in case you know you thought maybe you might want to flesh that one out too you know?) Haha.

Now for her gift. No one knows it exactly, but the have all experienced to some degree and thus this is why she chooses a solidary life? She expresses great control, but then again I guess she's had plenty of years to practice. Although she is choosing to share herself with him. :)
SiriuslyWyckedDream chapter 5 . 12/1/2010
Okay so I forgot this earlier, we are working in the current year, correct? You mentioned iphones. And Edward almost died in what type of accident? Before Carlisle changed him just two years ago.

:) So it all became to much for her? The closeness. Is that why she had to hunt suddenly?

Good chapter, getting to know each other. Your Edward resents Carlisle almost as any teen of a divorced parent and all his intrusiveness. :)
SiriuslyWyckedDream chapter 4 . 12/1/2010
It is all so peaceful. They simply are.

Liked their playfulness. If it were up to me I would guess that she let him go over the cliff on purpose, everything is a lesson in control. That and it simply was funny to watch.
SiriuslyWyckedDream chapter 3 . 12/1/2010
Ok so I don't know how to play chess, but after that it is much more appealing.

I love that the chess pieces were rocks and that she used chalk to construct the board.

Also the patience she shows him. Keeping her thoughts calm and focused on the moment. The lesson in the chess match. Some very good stuff here. Thank you.
SiriuslyWyckedDream chapter 2 . 12/1/2010
Haha, love how the shower affects him so. The thought of him sitting there in the middle of the floor in his room and everything is so quite, still, and all the while he is left to wonder. Then she comes in so calm and tranquil.
1,721 | « Prev Page 1 .. 98 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 .. Last Next »