Reviews for The Place Beyond
SoulWithoutASoulmate chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
It's a very beautiful story. Words and sentences are composed in rather simple yet very rich and artistic whole. It's been awhile since I read something this good. Keep writing.
catxangel chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Amazing! Beautiful writing!
een nihc chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
Beautifully written. It's very, very rare to read a fanfic about this pairing, Mito & Hashirama because not much is revealed in the manga. It's even more rare to find one that write them in such colourful details and emotions.

I especially love this line.

[She walks past men and women and children and lovers and wives and husbands and when she is at the border she turns to look at Konoha and thanks it in an inchoate way; she did not find friendship or freedom there, but she found life and she found love.]

Thanks for the wonderful read.
RougeAngleofSatin chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
How have I never read this one before?

This is the perfect Hashirama/Mito of my imagination. Somebody package this up and send it to Kishimoto immediately. Take note man, this is how it's done.

Hashirama is so unbelievably, adorkably CUTE in this that I want to glomp him to death. 3 I want to glomp your prose, that's how much I love this.

Also I actually cracked up at;

"Perhaps that is because you spent the first five years of your sexual life dallying with someone who did not possess a uterus," she says without missing a beat.

XD XD Seriously his lack of understanding about the reproductive system had me giggling away like a madwoman.
That One Anon chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
Stunning.
mistralle chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
So, I've read it and I really liked the first part - until the second kyuubi rampage was depicted.

So, first of all - even if Hashirama sent her out of Konoha, he should have divorced her. And she should have taken her maiden name.

Actually, everywhere in manga she is known as Uzumaki Mito, not Senju. So maybe they didn't change their surnames?..

And the second fact which rubbed me wrong - the woman, who lost her son and was screaming about 'demon-wife'.

They were shinobi. They should have known the hazards, and the canonical saying "Shinobi is a tool" comes from that times. A tool is lost - well, that's a pity. Of cource, if the man was himself a civilian...

And the third one. You described Mito as rather proud woman. I don't really think she would accept that blatant betrayal - of her husband, no less.
AmberIce-zlkh chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
I have rarely read such an invigorating interpretation of this couple...reading this was amazing...i rarely review any stories but this one was just too good not to show my appreciation.
Tsukimine12 chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
Hey there!

well, i have read this sotry severela times

and i like it so much!

well, i want to ask you if i could traduce it into spanish

i will wait for your answer

Great story!

read you later

bye xD
KatMaxKu chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
Beautiful. Made me laugh and cry.
Iroka chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Why on earth this only has 14 reviews I will never know! This deserves reads. I am a very tough critique and I can tell you it moved me fully. I always had some silly expression on my face. I giggled like a school girl, sighed at Hashirama's lack of knowledge on girls and cried as they grew together. I've always claimed to be a big fan of Hashi/Mito and I could have never imagined them so human without this fic. Never in a million years would I have even thought that Mito would suffer that much or Hashirama would have such an almost, if not, homo obsession with Madara. After reading this I can't help but view them this way. I could go on and on about what you blew my mind on.

Now my only critique is that the timeline is off in a few parts but that's okay. And sometimes I was slightly confused what was going on.

In conclusion, awesome fic. You have won my heart along with my first born and anything else you may want! ;D
ElwynWanderer chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
This has got to be the most touching story I've ever read. It was amazing and I loved it. Thank you so much for writing it. )
VerbogenVerwogen chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
(I wish you had posted this on livejournal, so I could have indulged in using one of my many icons, but then this /is/ long and posting longer fics on Eljay is a hassle … anyhow review is a fail! review since I am tired and should be in bed.)

God, I hate how I can never quite leave this fandom, and it’s mostly because of really fantastic and outstanding authors like you.

Let me start off with the things I loved.

I LOVED, no adored, the silent, understated romance between Hashirama and Mito here: it’s not fireworks, it’s not excessively dramatic, but realistic and beautifully mature (I am looking for another word, in fact, but am too tired to think of it right now.) I really liked the whole procession from ‘awkward companions’ to ‘an even more awkward married couple’ to ‘lovers’. Again, it was nice to see that you didn’t fall back on the usual fireworks tropes or what not that you usually see in fics.

I am not too keen on Madara in canon, but … I liked how you depicted him here. And his relationship with Hashirama and how that relationship was, in turn, contrasted with Mito and Hashirama’s marriage. There were a lot of beautiful lines I loved, that I would quote them back at you if it weren’t for the fact that my brain is running on a nearly empty battery right now. But I love the theme of second chances and working for your happiness.

I loved how this fic varied between being pricelessly funny (Hashirama being so awkward and cute and just adorably awkward) to serious. I do, in fact, admire how you never made this fic too melodramatic or too funny.

I liked how erotic this fic was when it needed to be. I do admit that, these days, I’m more used to reading more explicit love scenes (blame the Code Geass kink meme and a certain Cat in My Fridge for that), but I liked the vagueness of your scene. Sometimes less is more! And the little details were nice and more fitting for the tone of the fic than a full-fleshed out graphic love scene would have been.

The only quibble I have is that, sometimes – though your descriptions and details are beautiful (please don’t think otherwise) – took away from the story a from time to time. Perhaps toning down a bit … would be better? But it’s a YMMV issue AND I’m not an expert on writing in any way. And, perhaps, I just shouldn’t read fic when I’m this tired.

Anyhow, long story short, I enjoyed a lot and hope you don’t hate me for this typo littered review too much.
Hulkishpower chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
SO sad. I nearly cried. Their love was so tentative and beautiful, and he had to die like that. She was always so quiet and speculative that even after he dies all she can do is remain quiet and thoughtful, which pretty much kills her from the inside. Loved this fic, maybe you'll write another Mito/Hash fic that's a bit preppier and happier and funnier. This story was plenty funny too, but so dramatic! GReat story, see you later on your other ones.
Fayth85 chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Incredible. Simply incredible. Not just the set up, nor the execution... But to have the hopes of youth, the memories of a lifetime, the... life into the very seams of the story.

A truly astounding way to portray two characters few ever write about, let alone romantically. Bravo.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
gorgeous. long and expansive. insightful.
54 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »