Reviews for Fire Life
the last time chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
hmmm, interesting. i like it. it leaves a lot to the imagination, which is a refreshing change, and i like the begining, when she's just staring at her house. it's an interesting perspective to read, and you do this very well.

going for 'comforts' ayee *raises eyebrows* haha i like the thought of Theodore and Tracey going out, they seem to work quite well here as well as working in my mind :) in conclusion, i love this and you should keep writing things like this.
dee the deer chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
I liked this :)
MadameCissy chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
I am feeling so sorry for her for doing something she couldn't help. I am just happy she found happiness in the end.
QueenKira chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
LoveLoveLove this.
misswhiteblack chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
Right well.

It was a nice idea.

I think it could have been better developed but there was something very sweet about it.

So points.

Title: 3/5 - I quite liked the title. It was snappy.

Prompt Use: 1/5 - It was as though you just shoved the prompt in at the end. I would have liked to have seen more prompt use.

Grammar/Punctuation: 3/5 - Your grammar and punctuation was all right. The first paragraph wasn't thought through properly I feel and so didn't read well.

Overall Fic: 3/5 - I liked the idea and that Tracey set the house on fire with accidental magic but I think you could have gone further with this.

Total: 10/20

Well done.

Kerr X.
TheDigiZoo chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
thats a good story, really! but in the first paragraph, you use house alot.
Morghen chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
This was pretty good. I liked the first sentence but I think you over did the whole "fire licking the house" picture. If you had only used it once it would've been stronger. I really enjoyed the whole idea of accidental magic in Tracey's life - it added to her character a lot. The whole relationship with Theo could've been a little more gradual but it was still cute.

beedivine chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
Poor Tracey! I like this, but I think that it could have been a little longer and went into more detail, and that would make it that much better. But overall, nice job.
Dazzled-Midnight-Melody chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
This was really great! The only "off" thing I noticed was that you write "The fire licked her house as it hungrily ate her house." I just though it sounded a tad odd in my mind. I thought it was very cute how she found the note in her parents things and then found a boy who would love her and stand by her forever, just as the note said. I sure loved this!

opaque-girl chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
I'm happy to see how you have clearly stated its AU. I rather like Tracey/Theo and I enjoyed this drabble on Tracey - the whole accidental magic part was good, because it suited her canon story really well :)
Ouch Charlie chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
wow, beautifully written.

this has actually made me wanna read more about Theodore Nott, and that takes a hell of a lot.

good job
RoyalJamboree chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
I don't actually know who Tracey Davis it, the character escapes my mind completely...but over all I think you portrayed her accurately according to the tragedy having her house burn down must have been.

And Theodore Nott..well, Theodore Nott is just wonderful because he is. ;)

I only had a couple of problems with grammar and for some reason I felt that the repitition, though I do love repitition, of the word house got just a bit too repetitive at points, mostly when it was used twice in one sentence. The last thing that bothered me was the very end, I kind of thought that the bit about the room of requirement was kind of..forgotten until the end and then just randomly shoved into the story. :( Just my personal opinions.

Overall, though, I thought it was a good take on this sort of incident and all the wonderous things that can come out of unhappiness.