Reviews for Toxic Aphrodisiac
It's-Nothing-Just-A-Wolf chapter 2 . 6/29
Lol out of all of the things Aang could have said that wasn't what I was expecting. Can't wait to see this relationship blossom.
I loved it. It was so...inspiring. Even people who have it terribly can find people who they love and turn it all around. GOOD FOR ZUKO! I hope it turns out that way for me...wow, good job, you made a fanfiction THAT I WANT TO LIVE IN. It is, without a doubt, the best Zukaang slash I've ever read. I don't think I'll be able to read another one without thinking it's a disappointment compared to yours!:)
YES FINALLY
Every one of us has a will...a will that can withstand more than most of us can even imagine...it's always there, waiting to be used, even in the lives of the most richly blessed people who you would never imagine would need a back bone. Some people never end up needing a backbone, and their will goes unused.
Most of us have it hard, at least for a while, at least to an extent. When things start to change, your will comes and gets you through the hard times. If things become too much to bear, then your will scavenges for bits of hope, anywhere that it can find it. It uses that hope to get you to the light.
Zuko wouldn't be running if he didn't have hope that somewhere, things are better than they are at his home. He's running to Aang. Aang, however confusing to him, is his hope.
Thanks for giving him hope, author. He REALLY needs it.
I like Zuko and Mai's relationship here better than in the Avatar series. In the series, she likes him but he doesn't give her much attention at first, and even though he ends up falling in love with her and making her his girlfriend later, they still seem far apart. That becomes evident when Mai leaves him in the Promise comic book. In this though...their relationship is nicer. Less confusing and more platonic than their annoying relationship in the series (fine I admit it I'm a Zutarian). In your story, they have the kind of relationship that my best friend and I have: we can go silent and still enjoy our time together, nothing is awkward, and everything is just...laid back. I like how you illustrated such a special connection between them.
Okay, this is the second time that I'm reading this, and I'm still am marveling at the feeling that I get when I realized that Zuko made a FRIEND. At first, I couldn't help but imagine Aang as a young kid like he was in the show, but it quickly became evident that Aang is the dominant in their relationship. After that, it was easier to imagine him bigger than Zuko. Zuko is so different yet similar to the show's version of him. How DO you make it work?
I like it that things are starting to roll, because I love that feeling when I'm writing myself, but I'd say that the description of Zuko's life was just as interesting. It sounded a lot like my own, and I mean to a FREAKISH extent; I wear a mask a lot, though not as much as Zuko does, I'm only completely comfortable around my close family and two very close friends of mine, and I have a group of friends who I don't know well quite yet, and I love tea, and I'm a writer, and I do defensive arts (well I'm going to later in July anyway).
I really love the way Zuko's world is crashing down around him. I for one have felt that way before, and I know that it's terrifying, exhilarating, wonderful and horrible all at the same time. Having felt that way before is making the read even more spectacular, but there is no doubt in my mind that you deserve the credit for all of it. I love your chapter names, too, especially 'let's see a smile on that broken face'. My family says that I have a gift for naming my stories, but your names are even better. Don't stop, you have fans now, and I'm one of them!
That was fantastic! I like how Zuko is very closed off, and usually uncomfortable about talking to people, but he still knows how to please people when he's a waiter, and he likes it! It's ironic that he likes such a social job when he's so anti-social, but you did a good job of making it work!
Vonda Jo chapter 16 . 5/24
Wow wow wow... I'm a writer and a Zuko enthusiast, and even though Zuko had a different personality in you fanfic than in the show, that was superb! It strangely was really good. You should keep writing, or better yet, convince the creators of the Avatar the Last Airbender to let you publish that. Wow. All I have left to say is wow.
I AM PROUD OF YOU. WOOOOO! Zukaang forever! I usually only go with Zukka, but this is the BEST. Woooooo! Keep it up!
Leya Anhaylla chapter 15 . 1/20
Okay I'm gonna stop it here and consider this the end of this story. Because i can't read the next chapter knowing that this might never continue again.
I knew it! I KNEW it since the beginning but the sum up was so good and the story so interesting that I just couldn't stop.
This story will be going in my favorites and follows anyway because it is amazing and in the vain hope that it will be continued one day.
silverblondhairedlover chapter 16 . 11/30/2015
This story is really good. a bit disoriented to imagine taller Aang, but you can keep all of them mostly in character. U said it was the fisrt arch, so there will be a sequel? Maybe not, since it has been 3 years since the last update. but it will be really good if you can write a sequel for this.

love,
silver
2lzy2login chapter 16 . 10/27/2015
EEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPP SO CUTE
Rubellite Game chapter 16 . 2/1/2015
This is one of the most fantastic pieces of literature on that I've ever read. If you asked me to, I would go down on my knees to beg for an update. But I also understand that life can get in the way, that one can lose interest in a fandom or a ship. I also understand that it can some time to write another chapter. Should you choose to update this masterpiece, I'll enjoy it like the fine wine it is. If you don't, Ill be content with what you have already written, fantasizing my own endings.
Always hopeful, RubelliteGame.