Reviews for Ma BĂȘte Noire
Blazen chapter 6 . 6/30/2013
Please, tell me you'll continue the story
onelastchapter chapter 6 . 2/26/2013
I love this and the depth you put on minarva
Guest chapter 6 . 2/18/2013
You have done a fantastic job with this fic! One of the best I've seen. Even though I never really considered a Minerva-Butler romance, this is absolutely believable & in character.

Keep up the great work!
abcdefg8EN chapter 6 . 2/17/2013
I thought it was kind of sweet that Butler reads Artemis' jokingly written erotica because he misses him. Weird, but sweet.
Wow, Minerva's comment about the French age of consent... very subtle!

I really love the idea of Butler and Minerva bonding over books and I was quite proud to have at least heard of most of the books you mentioned - except for the Mr. Moon one? I hope that doesn't make me sound like an idiot if it's a well known book.
The scene at the end was, well, quite touching. I really like Gaspard, however, and as such I can't say I'm entirely comfortable with him dying. Poor Minerva :/

Few spelling&grammar-y errors but I don't really care enough about that sort of thing to list them.

Ben
Crazy Female LEPrecon chapter 6 . 2/17/2013
I really like it, and I'm glad that you're finally back to writing, but I don't like what you put about Catholic schools. I am a Catholic and that is offensive. Anyway, Minerva would have likely gone to a girls only Catholic boarding school. Anyway, update soon,

Crazy Female LEPrecon
MyRedBeats chapter 6 . 2/17/2013
I think I just exploded from the feels... When is there going to be B/M as a couple though? Or does this just focus on Butler and Minerva's lives as they cope without Artemis?
Number Six-Sixtysix chapter 6 . 2/17/2013
Okay, regrettably, I'm going to have to ignore the latter half of that chapter, as it broaches a rather uncomfortable subject.
But the first half... dear God, please tell me you have not read all those series you just referenced. You actually have me feel like I have been wasting my time since I gave up on real books five years ago (why bother spending money on them when works of similar or superior quality are accessible for free online?).
That said I do have a few points to raise. I have found Sun Tzu's 'Art of War' to read more like a checklist of instructions (if x, do y), and whilst I cannot boast any significant military training, it does seem difficult to debate the soundness of his tactics. Or perhaps you meant they debated the merits of their own ideas, as inspired by Sun Tzu?
And I am, of course, required to defend Fleming's work, seeing as how his novels are based off his own experiences in the SOE (the guys who made MI6 look like hobbyists). That said, actual 'secret agent-ing' is never going to interest audiences quite so much as what Bond tells them it is, so perhaps Butler is simply picking up on the sensationalisation done for the benefit of the masses.
Still, a nice slice of life here. I look forward to your next update.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 6 . 2/17/2013
Ow. That last line got me, right here. *points at heart*

Mr. Moon? And I'm just familiar enough with 007 to agree. His Dark Materials: Really liked the series, and the ending fit the themes... but I completely understand their reactions. Bodice-rippers, Butler? Really? ...Ah, those were the ones Artemis wrote, weren't they? Minerva will never stop teasing him if she ever figures that out. "Scotsman and his time-traveling wife" sounds interesting - mind telling me what they're called? And I keep meaning to read the Vorkosigan series... and the Honor Harrington series. Speaking of which, Butler might like some of David Weber's works.

Age of consent - Subtle as a giant sledgehammer, Minerva.

You've worked in the character development quite well. Butler has quite a past, after all, and Colfer never told us about anything pre-Madam Ko's Academy.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 5 . 2/16/2013
Oh, dear. Minerva plus Juliet plus confined space equals metaphorical explosions. Poor, humiliated little genius.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 4 . 2/16/2013
Oh, I can just see Minerva elegantly bulldozing through Butler's life. And really, would he have anything but bare necessities if it was up to him? Well, Butler's version of "bare necessities", anyway - lots of weapons.

Anything by Carlos Ruiz-Zafon, "The Shadow of the Wind" in particular, and that was printed in 2001. And I'm pretty sure Butler is multilingual, so, maybe in the original Spanish? (No, I don't know why, but that book was really good, and he had "Gone With The Wind" and "Moby Dick" at the end of AF: The Lost Colony, so why not?)
BiblioMatsuri chapter 3 . 2/16/2013
Butler. Actually made a joke. And it fit his character... *applauds*

I can actually see Madam Ko pulling a wild animal out of nowhere to make a student deal with it, though.

"Mon petit cygne"/"my little swan" - what an appropriate nickname, even if she didn't know it. Swans are vicious.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 2 . 2/16/2013
Okay, this is something that has really been annoying me. I just double-checked my copy of The Eternity Code, and it's spelled "Principal". They're pronounced the same, but the words are different, and it's capitalized in Butler's internal narration.

Other than that? This is great. I've always wondered what might have happened in the aftermath, during those lost three years.
Oddity chapter 5 . 3/7/2012
Well, this is just fun to read...thank you for making it!
Wing Co. Lazy Vinyaya chapter 3 . 1/14/2012
Too lazy to log in, right now. Wing Commander Arnica Vinyaya here.

I've read this entire thing, and I am absolutely IN LOVE with this chapter. How even, in the nation of the City of Love, that kind of conduct is...well, pretty much, disgusting. And the way Minerva counts off the men...Oh, it's horrible (that her mum is such an unfaithful bitch, I mean), but it's also priceless...And also: Flip side of the Daddy's Girl card! Gaspard isn't a bad man, and he's a good father...if possibly a bit too indulgent. Argh, I'm rambling, sorry Kit.

Just one mistake I spotted. Now, when Leanna says "Mon petit cygne", she's addressing Minerva. (Or so I presume). However, she is using the masculine form and Minerva is, well, female. So, really, it should be "Ma petite cygne", that's all.

Too tired to think of a sign-off,

Vinyaya
Crazy Female LEPrecon chapter 5 . 12/3/2011
Hi, I really like this story. There are very few nice stories about Minerva. I intend to write a story about Minerva 'cause I'm one of the few people who doesn't mind her. My sister says that I'm even more of a rarity, because I am an AxH shipper, and I actually like Minerva. It wouldn't seem like it though, I have the strangest tendency to make the lives of my favorite female characters, hell. Anyway, can you tell me how to post a fanfic, I don't know how to get past the doc. manager, and that thing on using something from your own computer to base it, or something like that, can you send me an e-mail telling me how? I would be very pleased.