Reviews for Beating the Odds: The 47th Hunger Games
Rappkea chapter 22 . 12/30/2012
I forgot to leave a review after reading the last chapter. I was very pleased with the entire thing. It was well written and I felt like I wasn't reading a fanfiction. I felt like I was reading another book in the Hunger Games. It was very good. Brava. :)
Rappkea chapter 5 . 8/12/2012
Me Gusta
Rappkea chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Throught I'd finally review one of your stories.

I like this. This is a good start. A good "attention getter."
Sue Clover chapter 22 . 6/27/2012
thank you. Just - thank you. And good night; I will finally go to bed, now.
Sue Clover chapter 20 . 6/27/2012
I love you, Kayla. (you, too, hidden Gamemaster Sophie!)
Sue Clover chapter 19 . 6/27/2012
um. Wow.
falling, falling, sleepless night
I can't stop watching this fight
will the victor find her path?
or will she feel shimmer's wrath?
hey, I did it! I think the quality of my own writing depends on the quality of what I'm reading. I've noticed that, before. Thanks for helping me create poetry.
Sue Clover chapter 18 . 6/27/2012
heading for bed very soon now... Must read faster.
Sue Clover chapter 16 . 6/27/2012
I really should go to bed now... How many more chapters can there be to this thing, anyway?
Sue Clover chapter 15 . 6/27/2012
Omg. I love the song/poem. I love Prince of Egypt, too, and "When you Believe." I really want to keep reading, but it's almost 12:30 and I have a class tomorrow, so I'd better go to bed so I shall at least be awake during class.
Sue Clover chapter 14 . 6/27/2012
I don't think I mentioned before, but I love Kayla's poetry. It's even more impressive when you realize that it's not just an exceptionally talented character, but a talented author as well. Those aren't just Kayla's poems, they're yours, and I think you're a really good poet, as well as a good author. I'd read more of your stuff, but I don't know Hetalia or most of the others you write about. Just Doctor Who.
Sue Clover chapter 13 . 6/27/2012
I'm waiting for Carn to wake to the possibility of him killing Shimmer. She's about the only person he wouldn't feel horrible about killing, but he might still feel sick, and that's okay. But I kind of want it to be him.
Sue Clover chapter 12 . 6/27/2012
Gee, some of the kids who died I cant even remember now, like the ones from 3, and 5... It's sad and I don't want to forget anyone who dies, a victim of the Hunger Games. I can't even hate Shimmer because although she is a very despicable person, I can't help thinking, these games not only took her future but her whole life, and she never got to be a normal person, with friends and love. She never got to see people as anything but her victims. I'm getting so into this, even though it's fictional, because I don't want to just write them off in my mind as minor characters that it's okay that they died. What if I started thinking like that about people who die in real-life tragedies? Every life is important. Every human being is a priceless store of potential love, beauty, and achievement. this is getting to be less a comment on the story and more a commentary on life, but oh, well. I hope you like it.
Sue Clover chapter 10 . 6/27/2012
Still good. I noticed what I think was a typo when you said someone was from District Nice. I think that was in this chapter. you probably meant nine. anyway, I'm glad Briar didn't die just then, as I was afraid he was going to.
Sue Clover chapter 9 . 6/27/2012
Still loving it. I changed my mind. Phenom won't kill Shimmer. It will either be Carn, or it will be Kayla by talking her and distracting her. Also, I ruined the surprise for myself by remembering that Haymitch said he once saw a girl win the Hunger Games by pretending to be a cripple and making everyone underestimate her. Oh, well. Briar is starting to be my favorite, aside from Kayla. He's so vibrant, and alive. I think I'm going to cry when he dies...
Sue Clover chapter 6 . 6/25/2012
I'm glad to know you stuck it out, as you finished the story. I am going to make a few predictions, since it won't change anything. I think Shimmer will be killed by Phenom. I think someone actually will be talked to death by Kayla. I want to know more about Bergamot and why he's so eager to be nice to Kayla. I think Carn will end up either with Landon and Gabbi, or with Ashley and Briar. I think that the girl from 11 will only smile when Briar dies, and he'll ask her one more time to smile, and she'll really be very sad but she'll smile just for him, and he probably will die too soon to see it. I want to get to know that girl more, find out why she's so quiet. I'm really sad that this hunger games is one of the earlier ones and only one person will win.