Reviews for Shatter
queen0hearts chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
So emotional! Superb writing!
brennanize chapter 9 . 10/30/2011
"Booth looks down at Parker, who smiles knowingly back up at him. They silently count to three on their fingers before mouthing, "That's irrational" just as Bones shouts through the door, "That's irrational, Booth. No matter how much testosterone you have, it would be impossible for you to grow a beard in the time it takes me to get dressed."

BRB DROWNING IN LAUGHTER
Harry Snape-Potter chapter 10 . 10/20/2011
God if I had been Bones, I sure as HELL WOULD NOT have walked out on Booth. I would have jumped at the chance to be with him.
seishi1 chapter 16 . 10/6/2011
Your story is leaving me with a squicky feeling. Bones bullied relentlessly by Booth, intimidated, borderline stalked, and cowed into situations she does not want to be in: I know you likely did it with the intention of making your plot lines intense and their love seem passionate, but as I read, all I could see was Booth painted over with a thin wash of every horrible Lifetime movie boyfriend who's ever donned a wifebeater. It's an unfairness to his character and his feelings, trapping him in the annals of 'preteen' romantic affection. Love does not need to be obsessive, possisive, or insisting to be true and interesting.

And Bones, what have you done to her? The strong, confident woman who abhors bullies, the one who'd punch a gang leader for trying to intimidate her, and smack Booth for grabbing her elbow? She'd have clawed her way out of those handcuffs and had Booth arrested on mere principle. There were so many other ways you could have gone, the flirt with S&M made it seem as if you pandering to fanservice demands.

Her about-face acceptance of love was convenient. I loved her outburst about being "Enough," the emotion, the pacing, the characters; it was perfect. But, the logical Bones, who has weighed in all of the evidence to date and determined that Booth's version of "Love" is flighty, inconstant, and untrue, would have believed he was lying as he told her she was enough, had always been enough. Because she has her facts proving to her that he must be.

You set up the reveal of the novel's contents so well, with double word play and delicious foreshadowing, but then that fell through. Instead of a horrified epiphany for Booth, with an entire wall of exactly what he's taught her about love crashing down upon his head, there's this wishy-washy scene about him realizing that Andy and Kathy are them, as if he were an utter idiot and didn't already know that. I wanted to say "Duh." It got somewhat better with the subsequent confrontation. There were shadows of promising material when you gave Bones a toothpick's worth of her original spine while says she doesn't believe in love, but then it melted into an easy harlequin copout with the convenient and unbelievable "Oh, I really do love you, Let's do it!"

Can't you rather see her hyper-rational personality, begrudging her emotional needs, and after weighing careful pros and cons, determining that she should try a relationship with Booth because she's attracted and they're compatible, but to keep her feelings locked down in those little compartments she needs so much because, from what she knows, love is 'fake' and his own emotions ephemeral? No matter how much she wants desperately for things to be otherwise? It would have been realistic and unusual, and can't you just imagine all of the lovely tension, the dramatic doubt, the surmounting buildup you would have had to play with as that type of relatioship developed instead of the mush of fansmut you settled for?

I'm sorry I've rambled on and on, and probably in a most unwelcome fashion. You are one of the better writers on this site. I'm just trying to make you be even better.
channylover9753 chapter 16 . 10/5/2011
NEXT!
JMHaughey chapter 12 . 8/26/2011
This story thus far has been incredible.

I may have just shed a tear. I love me some angst.

Bravo!
AnAverageGirl15 chapter 16 . 5/15/2011
OMG! That is awesome! I need more! *whimpers* I gave up time studying for my finals for this story! I NEED more!
RK chapter 16 . 4/14/2011
i hope you will update and finish this fic..
musicnlyrics chapter 16 . 3/21/2011
Oh, I do so hope that it doesn't say "Complete" for a purpose...I LOOOVE what you've done with the story-putting them in a relationship without...overly intimate physical contact. So many stories go from "All it took was one of her adorable, clueless looks..." to the two of them rolling in the sheets (or wherever the story happens to be taking place) three minutes later. I can't stand it. So, thank you. Also, I love puppies. Adding the puppy made it sooo much cuter. :) Thank you for making my day :)
RosieeGleek chapter 16 . 2/25/2011
Read all of this today, and I enjoyed it so much. Such a beautiful story, please please pleaaase update sooon! :)
anonymous.individual chapter 16 . 2/11/2011
Ngaww ... cute :)
kimmiej77 chapter 16 . 1/16/2011
love it
kimmiej77 chapter 11 . 1/16/2011
update soon, love it!
Katniss730 chapter 16 . 1/10/2011
Ah, this is how the Bones world should be!
MiseryMaker chapter 16 . 1/9/2011
Hilarious! The whole chapter was great fun to read, but I loved Angela's shocked reaction best of all. Way too funny that she tried so hard NOT to believe them!

Great chapter!