Reviews for Cry
AllyEmrys chapter 1 . 1/22/2011

I

Goddamit, I'm crying so very hard right now.

I love, love, love, love, LOVE your words. LOVE THEM.

And this? '(Who? Merlin? Who's that?/Over there./That's not Merlin.)' I'm copy-pasting a few lines from one of my freewrites this year for comparison, because I swear to God they're long-lost siblings to this.

(‘where’s she gone?’/someone might say,/not because they mind, really-/it’s like a carpet that suddenly gets old and when it’s gone you wonder what went wrong but can’t really picture it./‘what’s missing?’/‘I’ve forgotten her name.’)

And I was talking about the same thing: a girl who got lost inside the prison of her own regrets and slowly faded away. Us? We are of the same. However, I think that yours is much more poignant with the blunt sadness of the rest of that leg. '(That's no man./He's merely a boy. An empty shell)'

This is really, really lovely. It flows, it ebbs, it rises and washes over you like an emotional breakdown, and I absolutely adore it.

I want to live in your brain. I imagine the landscaping is a bit like Northern France, perhaps Normandy, with lots of lovely angst and dramatic fields of wheat, and people standing on outcroppings letting the wind twist their hair into emblematic knots.

Déchirante.

xoxo Ally (apologies for pasting myself all over this and the strange, florid last bit.)
Kitty O chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
AWWW.

This was sad.

I don't know how you do it. THose almost side notes in italics? (WHo's Merlin? Dead. Pity.) I honestly don;t understand how some people do those and make them flow. If I tried I would look stupid.

I love it .
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Great story! Very angsty! Interesting writing style. :)
Ramasylle-Karanese chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Yummy bit of angst, I have to say.

Very good! Bravo!
Kikwoka chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
Wow. That was beautiful.

It was so... deep! I loved it, it's nice to see that Merlin may actually have a facade of happiness. Well written - I can see no mistakes )

It was so wonderful! (Depressing but awesome)

The italicised language is SO well placed. Well done!

Thank you for writing such a wonderful story,

Kikwoka x
MyPartnerInCrime chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
This...is amazing... too amazing for words...made me cry...it was so sad! But the writing was just brilliant...
Nightmare-Naka chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
I need to go and read something nice and fluffy now. That was soooo sad. Very well written, and thanks for getting Arthur to yank him out in time. :)
MissHaunted-MoonLight chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
Oh, GOD. Just ...

*Cries*

Absolutely wonderful. So angsty and so ... so ... just, wow. I'm speechless. Brilliance.

Keep writing!

Blessed Be,

Mogwai x X x
Rosie99 chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
oh wow what an amazing story. I'm off to read your other Merlin story now :)
merlinfan93 chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
This is so beautifully written, and I realy enjoyed it. Please continue; I know it ends neatly here, but I would like to see how Arthur helps Merlin, because his problems haven't been solved yet. Anyway, thanks for the great fic.
PointOfView chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
Wow. That was beyond words. A review couldn't do that fic justice. Thank you so much for sharing. Please write more Merlin. Feel better soon.
Destiniel chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
i really enjoyed reading this. so sad and sweet at the end. :( :)
Fujoshimon chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Beautiful writing. OMG you made me cry D: (Ok maybe it's because I'm on an angsting spree as well...)

Good job with the fic yeahhhh :D Hopeful for like a second part just to see how Merlin's coping - *shot*
Yukka Sam chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Wow. I loved this, it was too intense. I think the anguish could be seen through every word. Great fic, its really sad, but I like the way it ends:) Especially that line "For he knows that without Merlin, there is no Arthur...". And it was sad too that Merlin thinks Arthurs going to be the next to suffer.

Bye!:)
Aris1013 chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
Great story! Very sad and well done!
33 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »