Reviews for Some Kind of Family
clairebear2014 chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
My poor baby Kurt! (gives snuggles and ice packs) Very nicely done- you did a beautiful job of keeping them in character and creating a brotherly moment that is spot-on.

I also suck at video games by the way- the one time I attempted to play Pokemon with my nephew, I kept running off the platform & dying.
InazumaElle chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Oh my GOSH. That last line KILLED me. I had to laugh so hard that I couldn't breath. Perfect ending of an awesome story :)
Kyd Chyme chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
For whatever reason, this is one of my favorite things you have ever written. Very entertaining.
hannahginny chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
That is so cute and sweet and funny
Bablefisk chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
Sweet:)
allieisrandom chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Still love your stories even though you're mean to my Rachel :P not gonna lie I love her about as much as I love Kurt. Maybe that's why Hummelberry and Finchel are my favorites. RYAN MURPHY IS GOING TO BREAK MY SHIPPER HEART TWO TIMES OVER NEXT WEEK, UGH! I hope Rachel and Kurt are at least nice to each other. I love how you made Finn realize how Kurt's been feeling all this time about his dad by having Carole fuss over Kurt. And how Furt develops a little bit.
trufflemores chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
This is Rachel's most difficult age to write (she's incredibly persnickety, if you will), so I'm not surprised that she comes across as a little overbearing. It's accurate because a lot of her life at this point is centered around her future goals and little else. She doesn't seem to care as much about the present because she's so invested on beefing up her future career, so it comes across as callousness when in actuality she's just overloaded herself with future prospects. I like that Finn's the one to ground her and bring her back to reality, and ultimately I feel like she does receive a healthy dose of karma at the end (being asked to come back another day so Finn can focus on Kurt, who really needs the attention). It smooths out the edges of her character nicely.

Kurt in this breaks my heart, because I didn't even realize he'd been hiding something until Finn saw the bruise. He keeps things to himself to a degree that even injuries can be overlooked; at least this one Finn discovered accidentally. I love how Carole takes care of him, and I thought it was really interesting that Finn was jealous of her attention. It's clear that he doesn't resent Kurt for needing the help so much that he resents having to share something that he's never had to share before (his mother's love and affection towards her son). It's the same way with Burt and Kurt: Kurt resents the bond Burt has with Finn even though he doesn't hate Finn or regret that they're not fighting all the time. I love how you've explored both sides to the situation here and how they come to terms with it in the end.

Still. My heart aches for Kurt. I'm glad that at least soon - within a year - he'll have met Blaine. Because Rachel and Finn are right: he's unhappy. He needs someone there for him, and your stories always make the fact that he met Blaine all the sweeter. I love it.
bitchoswald chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
Just like you, South Pacific is the only musical I can't get into. The first time I tried watching it, I was at my grammy, Michelle's (She the one who got me into musicals), and I fell asleep. The second time, I turned it off and put State Farm in
midlifecrisses chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
Yeah 'Furt' bro-ship - me gusta!
Ravenpan chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
awwww
witbey0ndmeasure chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Oh god I know this is old and stuff but I love it. And the 'large bow tie and fabulous hat' part? My mind went immediately to Blaine.

And lastly, I LOVE BROTHERLY FURT SO MUCH.
intensewhatever chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
Awwwww! This story was so sweet! Furt brotherly goodness! lol :)
aridnie chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
I was a little sad with the portrayal of Rachel. Mostly because it was accurate, but I think at the end of the day she does care, and she admitted she was being selfish about Kurt and let Finn do what he needed. It was nice.

I liked the Finn emotions on Carol taking care of Kurt, it was well described. (: To the next one on your master list!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
yay yay yay more bromancing, if that's a word :) And ya, Rachel was kind irritating but i think that's pretty true to character to be honest :)
rofro05 chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
There is way too much that I loved about this fic so I decided that there should be a list!

1.) I love your opinion of South Pacific. I think that it's obnoxious and boring and I love that Kurt feels the same way.

2.) Rachel may be a pain to write buy you really hit her on the head. Really she was so spot on.

3.) I love Finn's thought process in this. You write Finn so well. I love that you don't portray him as stupid, just loveably naive.

4.) I'm always a sucker for Carole mothering Kurt cause he just needs a mother so badly! And this was perfect!

And the most important

5.) The new brother bond between Finn and Kurt is amazing! I love that you show that they are both a little uncomfortable and unsue of how to develop this new bond. You show that it may take some time but that they are well on their way to becoming a true family. And when Finn asked Kurt if he was unhappy I almost

cried. It was so sweet.

In case you did guess I loved it! Thanks for this gem, it really was beautiful!