Reviews for ECCENTRIC
Mommy3 chapter 1 . 7/2/2015
This was an awesome story, I loved it! Luna really is the best! I loved that you put so much into such a short story. First baby, the start of the writing career, baby names, Luna's first meeting with Rolf... It was great! Thank you so much for writing. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 8/7/2014
ROLF! ;)
Quidditch73 chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
Another delightful tale, leaving me eager to read more!
Vicki Turner chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
Thoroughly enjoyed this piece. Loved the "Eccentric" abbreviation, the reason for Lily Luna and the introduction of Luna and Rolf, (and also the reason why the Scamanders had kids later in life-Rolf needed to grow up!). It was a good story and I thought I should leave a review.!
mellpell chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
What a great way to have Luna earn the name and cool Iintro foor Rolf :-)
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
I imagine that studying yeti's doesn't exactly allow many opportunities for someone to get overweight. Very cute and very nice work. Keep writing
aalens chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
You make Ginny more real to me than does any other writer.
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
The acronym is, of course, fantastic. Sometimes Ginny can be written too hard or perfect, but she's wonderfully realistic and vulnerable here. I loved that "Ginny and baby" went for the cave and safety even though Ginny herself would have tried to go for her wand and also her tears when she found out the baby was okay. The friendship between Ginny and Luna is lovely, and I also liked that Ginny never considered hiding the incident (or her weaknesses) from Harry.
Man of Kent - Railwayman chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Another good story
wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Phew, I was wondering why you made Rolf Scamander so old, but of course, he wasn't Rolf but Newt. And after looking up the lexicon (all the work you make me do!) I understand why you made Rolf so young.

Ginny was lucky that she ended up with nothing more serious than broken bones. There must have been a fresh fall of snow and perhaps she wasn't flying very high, otherwise she would probably be dead.

On your advice, I am reading the 'Potter Family' series.

I had to laugh at your revelation about using (') for speech instead of (") and getting told off for it. I too did the same thing and so many of my American readers went tropo! Not sure how many review replies I wrote explaining why, including the fact that the British versions of the books use the same format. In the end, I bowed to public pressure and reverted. The reason I changed over (yes, I used the double at the beginning of my fanfic career) was that I am not a very good typist and it was so much easier using the lower case for speech marks. I explained my reasoning in an A/N but it would appear that there are many readers who just skip over the A/Ns

My daughter told me that many printers use the single (') for speech these days because it actually uses less ink. But it seems that most American publications still use the double ("). I have American books (printed here) that use the double and some that use the single. So, there doesn't seem to be a set usage in the good ol' U S of A. (I assume that the Australian printers follow the format set in America.)

Anyway, enough waffling (again). And thanks for the lovely long review(s) reply(ies).

Lesley
louie chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Truly entertaining!

You made Rolf younger than Luna. And they were supposed to have twins, too!
AuraLight chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
Great story. I've always wondered why Ginny and Harry used Luna as a middle name for their daughter, this fits in perfectly. For a moment there, I thought the much older Mr. Scamander was THE Rolf Scamander, but was pleasantly surprised at how you introduced Rolf to the reader.

I've been reading your stories and they are really very good and I enjoy them immensely. Please keep writing.
MHood80 chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Excellent short story and a clever play on the name we know will come, Lily Luna.

Really good way to introduce Luna's future husband as well.
snow and the sea chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
E.C.C.E.N.T.R.I.C. That was it takes a lot to impress me at 6:03 in the morning.

Are you by any chance a scientist? Because that would explain a lot.
Feff chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Lovely.

Ginny and Luna's friend ship was often alluded to in canon but never got much page time. Thanks for filling in the gaps.