Reviews for Once
nutmeg-not-head chapter 1 . 12/11/2014
I read it as stand-alone fic and it's still good. I really like the way you portraying their relationship and the ending. What happened at room 1254 doesn't change them and their personalities are still larger than life. Thank you for writing this fic!
raynperdition chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
I'm not sure how i'm even able to be coherent, because this is mind-warpingly gorgeous and perfect and you, my friend, have fully understood the Joker and Bat's relationship in a way i've never seen before. Wow. AMAZING
Toxic Sauna chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Confusing. I got that Bat helped Joker escape from the asylum, but then you started talking about Valentine's Day and Bat being a rape victim.

Besides that, I just think it's completely OOC for Batman to help Joker escape. I understand where you're coming from, but though the Batman was slipping, I doubt he would have gone this far so soon. He had only just begun to crack.

If I missed something, I'm sorry. Just realized this was a pron fic.
strixx chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
This is definitely one of the better pieces I have read on here.

I believe you captured everything perfectly, although, I think that less would have been more in this case.

But it is a lovely story; extremely well-written, too.

I'm not complaining about the whole, "less is more" thing, I just wanted to give some real input on the subject.

[oh wow, someone else already beat me to the punchline... sorry.]

All in all, it was a fantastic read. Especially the ending - It explained so much and made me want to cry.

Good job~
DesertAmaranth chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
One word, Beautiful
Lee Black chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Shit. This was beautiful. I stumbled on the first part almost on accident, and read through the entire thing. Your writing style is amazing. For lack of anything better to say, this was beautiful. Thank you for writing it.
Dawn of the New Year chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
This was an amazingly well written and well planned story. It seemed less like a fangirl's smut/slash fic and more like the written version of what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. I agree with you when you said that this is the end of the story. I feel like adding anymore to this stroy would discredit the impact of how powerful and lifechanging the one night meant to the Joker and Batman. I admire your use and control of the English language. You took the simple act of having sex and turned it into a glorious tale of two halves of the same soul reuniting after an eternity of fractional emptiness. Outstanding!
Lilero chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
This was... awesome. I nearly cried at the end. Oh, boy. Wow. It's a way of seeing Batman and Joker's relationship that I really like. Argh... It's frustrating that there is noting else after this - but, at the same time, there is nothing more left to write as it is complete (makes me feel both happy and sad - you know the feeling .)

Anyway, good job!
Umino Akiko chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
I felt the need to review and tell you that for once I am completely speechless. Which is amazing for me. Because I always have something silly/fangirlish/sarcastic to say. I guess I'll just tell you that it made me smile in calm sort of way, which to me is a wierd way to smile. :)
Lexical Item chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Well, that was highly engaging and interesting read. The lack of dialogue was odd until your explanation near the end. Then, it was unbelievably fitting. They are very much men of action. You captured both characters well, especially Bruces’ control issues. I was also pleased at the balance and sense of equality between the characters’ interactions. The complete lack of the outside world's relevance was also odd, until you included it. That was a great moment and the change in dynamic/tone was well handled and fascinating to read. This piece was also genuinely thought provoking.

Constructively speaking, when you write descriptively, less is more. It really is. I know you are trying to capture the magnitude of the event for both characters, but often a piece benefits from the writing style contrasting the material rather than reinforcing it so strongly. The entire night and the build-up itself are formidable topics that are surrounded by deep meanings, fair enough. However, this could be conveyed with greater degree of tension and intensity with a more austere approach to word use and sentence construction. This is subjective, of course, but hopefully it sounds reasonable. Thanks for a great read.
Amanda Saitou chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
It was an awesome ending to their 'romantic' saga, a little sad as they didn't manage to pursue a real relationship, but their 'one moment in time' was so intense and important, that I think that yes, it did worth for a whole lifetime. Great work!
luckyless chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
.GOD! It was FANTASTIC! Really, i never read a sex-scene, which is so intensive! You are an amazing autor! I'm very sad that this is the end of the story. Sure, i understand your point but i love romance and they said no one romantic word...*drop* But i would be no batsy-like or joker-like, yeah...But i hope to read more from you! _ Once more: GREAT JOB!

PS: I'm from germany, so maybe i whrite false. To read a story is much easier than whrite simple words."
Monsieur Opera Ghost chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
I hate the sadness but love the rest. Aww, who am I kidding, the sadness is great too - it just makes me so... sad! I suppose that's the point, but anyway, this was beautifully bittersweet. Terrific writing; keep it up!
MissLadyPerson chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
wow that was a really good end. i re-read it like 4 times and i still can't get over how wonderful it was. I cant wait to read more of your stories because your a really good writer