Reviews for Blacking Out the Friction
I Spiked the Ice Cream chapter 3 . 10/19/2010
Wow. I surprisingly didn't see that coming. Poor Kurt. Poor Ella. I really like how you write the story though. You're focusing more on the canon characters rather than Ella, which is how it should be done. :) But that's no surprise; you've always been an amazing writer soo...Speaking of, I like Ella's character. She's awesome. ;P Oh oh! And I love the song you chose. Ludo kicks butt. XD

-I Spiked the Ice Cream, signing off :)

P.S. I can't wait to read more of your stories! I really like Halcyon Days so far! Can't wait for more. :)
pippy32388 chapter 3 . 10/19/2010
this story is really good, can't wait for more
Stardust585 chapter 3 . 10/19/2010
I really loved this chapter, you're taking your time with this story and I love it b/c we get to get a glimpse of Kurt in different situations:) I love his slightly brooding/inhibited/heading for a breakdown side you're depicting in this story.

As for Ella...you've really upped the ante in this chapter:) I haven't made up my mind about her yet so am eager to know how she will further figure into all of this...as you've mentioned she will surely complicate things for Kurt.

I had a strong suspicion Ella was falling for Kurt and would kiss him sonner or later but you've managed to surpise me anyway, and it was a very pelasant, so well-written surprise! Poor Kurt, I can't even imagine the mental chaos he's in for now!

Update soon, can't wait for the next chapter!
nonexistantpuppy chapter 3 . 10/19/2010
Congratulations on Ella, for a start. She's kind of wonderful; she hasn't had a whole lot of time yet, to show her colours and all, but so far you're doing really well. I understand the nervousness one can feel with OCs (especially female ones, unless that's just me), but seriously, I hope you don't push her to the background too much for fear of Sue-dom.

Although... it will be kind of annoying if it turns out she's a great singer. ' Just. 'Cos. You know. And I hope she's not itoo/i understanding either. Or too accepting and gentle. I have this image of Ella seeing some footballer calling Kurt a queer and her defending him going, 'just because he's refined and well spoken doesn't mean he's some faggot'. But that's probably just me; it don't sound a whole lot like her anyway...

For some reason I feel like Mercedes and Ella being acquainted would cause serious friction but even now I'm not sure whether this would be because they wouldn't get on or because they'd get on too well.

Anyway, you write Kurt really well. He's frustrating in that way Kurt has of being frustrating, mainly because he turns in on himself when he needs help. And the whole thing about his world being cluttered with Finn and video games and working is written so well; I can really feel it.

And your writing of everyone else is pretty damn good too. Especially Burt and Finn with their well meaning fumbling. x]

Oh, and Puck's cameo. I dunno whether it's just because I like Puck, but his cameo was cool. Ugh, AND you made Rachel annoying yet not monsterous - that's so hard to do!

But. Uh. In conclusion.

More please. I wanna know what comes next, arright?
previouslysane chapter 3 . 10/18/2010
I really like this story. Kurt seems so... introverted and it's interesting to see that side of him written so in character. :D
MonkeyMojo chapter 3 . 10/18/2010
I'll admit that I was actually trying not to like Ella, because I think all OCs are evil Mary/Gary Sues. But you write her really well, and I don't think you should worry about her coming off as Mary Sue-ish at all! I like that she's a main part of the story but not enough that you're pushing her at us going "LIKE ME I'M NOT A MARY SUE NO REALLY!" I get nervous when OCs get main parts, but you're doing it well. :) If any of that makes sense, haha. I'm looking forward to her finding out that Kurt's gay, because I hate that he hasn't told her, and I'm really looking forward to his breakdown in a sadistic sort of way, haha.
songstobesung chapter 3 . 10/18/2010
I love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love this! I accidenlt ymistaked this for the Burt/Kurt story, but I love this so pleas,e please continue! LOVE IT!

-Madi

P.S. Ella seems sweet. Maybe she should sing forKurt as an apology or something, liek a song they'd sing together as kids? Just a thought.
Reader chapter 3 . 10/18/2010
Does Kurt relate Ella with the 'normal' part of him way back then and now that his life has made a complete 180 he's afraid to come out to her? Kurt is strong and all but even he has a breaking down and it's sad that everything is spiraling so out of control for him that he's about to have a massive over drive. Oh, and the first interaction with Sam was great lol Duets episode but in reversed
digi-smile chapter 3 . 10/18/2010
Oh dear oh dear, poor kurt at this rate he's going to fall apart at any second. I like ella so far. :)
Prieva chapter 2 . 10/17/2010
As you can probably tell from the spam I've left in your mailbox, I really like your writing.

I feel like you really capture the characters. And I like the realism of your story. It's sad, but really intriguing. And I'm really excited to see how this develops :)
Stardust585 chapter 2 . 10/16/2010
A great chapter, loved every line:)

I know introducing new characters may be a challenge but you've done really well with Ella:) I liked how Kurt is so wary of her, and his unwillingness to admit to her he's gay is intriguing and I'm eager to see where you'll go with this:)

I'm not sure where you're going with Ella, either, but that's the whole beauty of it:) You've really got my attention:) Will she be a friend or something more? Will she help or further mess things up for Kurt? And how will Finn figure into all of this? You got my mind spinning here - kudos to you for that!

The move will certainly further complicate things and I'm really worried for Kurt. Wow, this story is so great and interesting on so many different levels! You certainly know how to complicate our favourite soprano's life;) And I admire you for it:)

The story's perfect and thanks for such a quick update:) Keep up the good work, can't wait for more!
Keyboard Samurai chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
Kurt is such a woobie, it's a wonder he hasn't had a psychological breakdown yet.
Keyboard Samurai chapter 2 . 10/15/2010
Ella is definitely intriguing.
Keyboard Samurai chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
Brennend chapter 2 . 10/14/2010
Interesting story. Kurt seems like he's a bit stressed with all of the demands on his time, even if other people haven't realized it yet. And it's good that he's reaching out to the Hudson's for help. (If things go wrong and Kurt has to cut back on his activities, I will cry a little if the world is deprived of Kurt in his Cheerios uniform.) He also seems lonely and needs a pet.

While Kurt is acting weird with Ella, I'm not seeing why Finn and Burt are kind of pushing Kurt to tell her that he is gay right off the bat. Finn mentioned it right after they first met in 8 years, and Burt comes out with his line that Kurt is either honest or a liar which is out of the blue and doesn't quite sound like Burt.
85 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »