Reviews for Not Yet a Hurricane
white-clouds chapter 8 . 2/16
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that you are officially my favourite Madge/Gale writer! I've read your Rebel Like You series and I love the slow build up between them. It's very believable. I don't think characters who hardly know each other should rush into each other's arms and start kissing immediately within the first few chapters. So I really appreciate the way you dealt with the Gadge romance in this series:) And the political aspect of things.

I've enjoyed your writing and definitely looking forward to reading more of your work!
ebdarcy.qt4good chapter 8 . 10/12/2014
Great work! :)
Guest chapter 8 . 7/16/2014
This was a real treat - it's rare to see Gale's POV during the 74th game. It's also rare to see such a fair, well-rounded portrait of Gale. Madge was excellent as well. Awesome job!
Guest chapter 8 . 4/30/2014
Type your review for this chapter here...
Trovia chapter 8 . 1/17/2014
I really enjoyed reading this. It was the kind of fic that I had open in my browser tabs for later, and whenever I'd skim it to look at how much was left to read, I'd get sucked right back into it. The tension of it was great, especially considering that we all know how it ends. I particularly enjoyed your descriptions of the Games scenes we didn't get to see in the books, Gale's thoughts on Peeta's plan, and also the insights Madge had on how the Games are perceived by the Capitol. It made me recognize the things I'd liked about Gale in the books, the way he's just so smart but in this practical, angry and potentially very dangerous way.
beginners chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
so in love with this. great to see what went on behind the screens on the hunger games. everything is flawless (as always)
SakuraJade chapter 8 . 8/28/2013
This was a fantastic account of the Hunger Games and other events from book one through Gale's eyes. I was so impressed with this! For one thing, I liked getting to read from Gale's POV, as most Gadge stories are solely from Madge's POV (not that I don't enjoy her POV, I just wish to see Gale's as well and usually don't get to).
Your writing style was enjoyable to read and really clean (hardly any typos, good use of vocabulary, nice flow and transition between scenes, good descriptions of events, etc.), so that was awesome.
You did an amazing job with their characterizations and interactions, and you conveyed the helplessness he and Madge must have been feeling so perfectly. I could only imagine how awful it would have been to be in their shoes. In some ways, it'd be even worse than being in Katniss and Peeta's shoes, and you made that show. It's definitely not easy to be the ones left behind . . .
Your idea to have Gale and Madge collaborate to try to raise money for sponsorships for their tributes was believable and well executed. It was the perfect reason/excuse to get Gale and Madge to interact, very realistic, which is so important. I want Gale and Madge to spend time together too, but you can't just have them suddenly start doing it, you know? It doesn't make sense. Too often people want to write a story about two characters, but don't have solid reasons for them to interact when they otherwise wouldn't, and so the very foundation of the plot is unstable. But you found the perfect excuse to bridge that gap, and, at an even higher level, the gap between the Seam and the Town. It was really cool to see the different ways Madge and Gale went about raising the money and how they thought it should be used, and to watch them interact over it. Such different people coming together for the same purpose. Love it :)
I also loved the interactions between Gale and Madge in general. I really appreciated that this was a FRIENDSHIP piece with very subtle hints at the possibility of more. Don't get me wrong, I love this pairing (and will forever be disappointed in Collins for Gale's sad ending and Madge's untimely demise, not to mention her under-utilization when there was SO much she could have done with the character), but so many stories I've read have them get together so quickly it doesn't feel right or real given the hostility Gale showed towards Madge in canon and his feelings for Katniss. So I was so glad to see that, by the end of this piece, they'd just scratched the surface of friendship with a hint of attraction. Perfect! In addition to that, I'm glad you didn't have Madge running around like a lovesick puppy in regards to Gale as well. I have no doubt she was attracted to him in canon, but just because she thought he was cute (and, really, who could blame her lol) doesn't mean she was in love with him, she hardly got to interact with him for goodness sake. So I hate when I read a story and she's already head over heels for him and willing to follow him to the ends of the earth or something equally silly . . . Bottom line, it felt like you nailed both their personalities and their feelings towards/about one and other, and that is something I, as a reader, greatly appreciate.
Over all this story was entertaining and interesting, and I have no problem believing this all ACTUALLY happened in canon while we were reading about Katniss and Peeta in the Games. So job well done! And how awesome you continued Madge and Gale's story during Catching Fire in a sequel to this story! I can't wait to see how they try to stop the next reaping, and how their relationship continues to develop further as we go. I'm sure I won't be disappointed :) Thanks for taking the time to write this great AU canon story. You'll definitely be hearing from me again!
Kelly Anne chapter 8 . 5/21/2013
Good story I liked the celebration in the square. Gale and Madge rebellion plans should be fun
Kelly Anne chapter 6 . 5/21/2013
My poor baby Gale. That competition line was so harsh and poor Gale
Kelly Anne chapter 5 . 5/21/2013
I like that Madge had the cousin idea
Kelly Anne chapter 2 . 5/21/2013
You definitely do a good job with Gale's character. The time zone thing was a good idea never thought of that
Kelly Anne chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
Well written and interesting start
daytoday53 chapter 8 . 5/18/2013
I loved this story. Now onto "Rebel Like You" ...
peetagoreantheorem12 chapter 8 . 4/24/2013
I like it a lot. Good job!
LeftHandedPeopleRule chapter 8 . 10/30/2012
BRILLIANT! I was really hoping that Gale's masochism would stick (not that I like the idea of Gale torturing himself through watching Katniss & Peeta on-screen relationship) as it really does seem like something he would do.
Also loved Madge throughout, in this fanfic she is exactly what I imagine her to be. Seemingly obedient and naïve on the outside, but secretly brave, cunning and observant behind her exterior. And as I've previously mentioned, I love, love, love how Gale is beginning to notice this.
Another nice thing about this is that it was neither ridiculously over-explanatory about everything nor omitting the obvious which always makes for a more pleasant read.
Thank you for writing this. Can't wait to read the sequel! :)