Reviews for Just Friends
safa'at keruth chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
First, you have my sympathy for your laptop troubles! And wow, you managed to get in a fic despite that? I'm impressed, and thank you very much for staying in! :D

I really liked the simple friendship/pre-Protectshipping theme of this fic, especially in comparison to the extra-long stories that some of the other contestants have turned in (including myself! xD). It was very light and sweet and, in general, a welcome break from the very serious/angsty stuff the rest of us have been coming up with. xD

I commend you on your excellent grammar/spelling, as you had no Spellcheck when you wrote but still managed to make this very correct in that area. ("Bakura's smile lessned"? xD)

Anyway, good luck in the contest! C:

Keruth
Animom chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
It's a nice little drabble-ish scene!

And I know it doesn't help with your computer woes, but I hope it helps your sadface a /little/ to know that I was like "Aw, over so soon?" I want more!"
jadedly chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
Stupid reviews challenge! I feel like being lazy and yet I have to review everyone's stories!

Anyhow, I really like that it was mostly dialogue and not all descriptive paragraphs detailing every little thing like my writing is. It's a refreshing change, especially since everyone in this contest tends to post wordy oneshots and we only rarely see nice little drabbles like this.

I have to say I disagree with Jess, though - this had just the right amount of Protectshipping for the part of the series you set it in, because Honda didn't really know Ryou all too well yet, and most good relationships start out as friendships.

Well done, and good luck! :)
yllimilly chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
I agree with Jess. That was really nice for an emergency back up plan. It really did feel extremely natural and canon - like you sneaked in Takahashi's diary and stole his unpublished manga dialogues or something.

And gosh, are you the queen of drabbles!

Good luck :)

Milly
earthluva chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
Awwwww ... poor Ryou ... loved the dialogue though!
My Misguided Fairytale chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Oh, no! D: I hope your laptop gets fixed! That must be horrible...bravo to you for still pulling through and delivering a story for us!

I like the overall "friends" theme of this, and I thought it being mostly dialogue really worked because it felt like a natural conversation. I won't fault you for the length, but I do feel like there really isn't enough Protectshipping in it...maybe it was too subtle for me, but I didn't really feel that there was anything more there beyond the "we're friends" bit - which could have worked if you had maybe delved a little bit into either of their minds or given us just a little bit more of the accompanying action to their dialogue. Still, I felt that your characterizations were accurate and your writing was solid, and that overall this is still a good piece. Thanks for writing it! I hope your laptop situation resolves itself!

Jess (My Misguided Fairytale)