Reviews for Into the Light by domysticated
Marie One chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
Great story!
readingismypassion4 chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
I wish there was more...
Capricorn75 chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
That was fantastic! Beautiful and soulful and heartfelt. Thank you for sharing it with us.
soobliette chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
I was completely mesmerized by this entire story. The plot was incredibly unique and the characterizations had a depth that I don't often come across in Twilight fan fiction. I loved the two personalities - Rosealie and Rose - that were established and referred to throughout the story. I loved the back-story of how she and Edward came to be in Forks and though we get wonderful physical descriptions about Edward, Rosalie's physicality (not including her scars) was open to interpretation. Loved that.

Big ups to Edward's high school career counselor. I would have loved to have received actual guidance from my HS guidance counselor, LOL.

This story will stay with me for a long time. It's just THAT memorable. I loved many of the passages in the story but I'll just choose one favorite quote: "You don't have to always know. Just… be." Thanks for writing and good luck in the contest!
Hev99 chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Oh wow! I love this so much! I couldn't stop reading! This would have worked as a full length story as well as a one shot. I loved how you brought them together and revealed their stories slowly. Really beautiful I wish you the best of luck in the contest :)
LightHeartLoreli chapter 1 . 10/22/2010

Really like the use of Leah throughout this as an ally, I always had this sneaking suspicion that she and Rose would be great friends in the books (you know, besides that whole wolf/vamp difference).

"I am disoriented, worn out, tired. Rosalie is screaming inside me, begging to be allowed to hope, begging to feel good again, ready for anything. And I can't have that. I can't allow that."

I want to give her a hug! But then?

"I am tempted to take an extra pill, but I know better than that. Instead, I grab my running shoes, and head out, deep into the woods, running fast, far, until my heart is stampeding and my legs are screaming, and there's no more room for thoughts, for hope, for disappointment."

I love the use of running for getting that tension out. Exercise is such a good release, plus it's a nice little nod to canon.

I think it's lovely how they both found comfort and togetherness with one another.

Thanks for taking the time to write Roseward! Best of luck! xoxoxo
chrisguy9017 chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
NIce one shot. It was a very nice story and the characters were also nicely done. Although I think Rosalie's back story could have been a bit less vague/ambiguous. Edward's past was very clear but Rosalie's not so much.

Other than that it was really nice to read.
Kat SaaLe chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
I have no words to describe how beautiful this story is. They way you protrayed all characters was amazing and very real... and love Jasper, good way to bring him into the story... thanks for this story... and good luck in the contest...
Jacky06 chapter 1 . 10/14/2010

I'm utterly speechless.

This was amazing. Poor Rose, her pain was so palpable. I really liked the presence of both Rosalie and Rose. It was really bittersweet.

Nonetheless, I'm glad Leah and Seth were the secondary characters. And it was lovely Leah looked up to Rose, but Rose wished to be like Leah.

I loved what you did with the characters here, particularly Rose, since she is so so different here.

"But it's okay to want me. Wanting me won't make you weak." - That was probably my favorite line.

And, the end was beautiful. I'm so happy they healed each other.
evilgiraffe82 chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
Beautiful. Utterly, utterly beautiful. I don't often like Rose all that much, but both Rose and Rosalie here are so real, and I feel for them both. They are both drawn so clearly - there is no danger of mistaking one for the other, and yet you can still see how Rosalie became Rose, and then Rose returned once more to Rosalie. I love the ending, with Edward and the baby fast asleep - that conjures up a beautiful mental image. It is so wonderful to know that both Edward and Rose have managed to heal and move on with their lives. I loved reading this story, thank you.

Best of luck in the contest!

(Oh, and I really want to find a radio station where I can win the chance to road-test a lawnmower - brilliant!)
dellaterra chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
Ahh. What a lovely, compelling story! I love how skillfully you have written canon characters into new roles and relationships within a fascinating context. I especially loved how Rosalie reinvents herself as Rose, and how Edward's outer beauty has been overshadowed by his own inner demons. And your Jasper is a hoot! Thank you for sharing this.
tiffaninichole chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
I loved Rose's stubborn, mean, grinchy self. It was an amusing mask but I'm so glad that Edward saw right through it. Her story was heartbreaking, I can't even imagine. And poor Edward... two broken, beautiful souls finding love in each other.

Great job, I really enjoyed this.