Reviews for Handshakes
n2aabmmummy chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Thank God for boring History lessons : you made good use of the time writing this wonderful piece of fiction ;) Loved it!
starofoberon chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
That was just delightful, beautifully written and the characterization was excellent
TheVulcanPrincess chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
This story is awesome! I love how you tied JJ's departure to the stages of grief. I was waiting for Hotch to hug JJ in that final scene, and I was disappointed when he didn't. You explain so well what must have been going through his head.
canny-bairn chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
Aww Hotch, this is exactly why he couldn't hug her because he'd break down... so sad!

You did a great job :)
Teh.Juxtaposer chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
This story definitely needed to be written, and I'm glad such a brilliant and inspired writer could be the one to do it.
kdzl chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
I have no words for this other than it was utterly fabulous.

I loved Hotch going through the stages of grief with JJ's departure. I can imagine it'd be hard for him...I just love the way you managed to capture that. Even though she's gone, she isn't dead, and I loved the hug at the end. Acceptance didn't mean he had to like it.

Beautiful!
GreekEMTSlytherinSpriteFairy chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
That was awesome! I loved it! Great job! Made me cry, but oh well! Loved it!
NoDoubtFan too lazy to login chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
you know how much i love your writing, and i love the way you interpreted this scene. Pure amazingness333
Dani347 chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
Okay, get out of my head. That's exactly how I saw the last scene with Hotch and JJ. It was obvious that he shook her hand because if he did anything else, he'd totally fall apart. Also that he didn't want to burden her. But, I think JJ knows him and is perceptive enough to have been able to read everything that was in that handshake.

Thanks so much. I worry that people took the handshake to mean he didn't really care, when to me it said just the opposite.