Reviews for Otaku Four Skysaber's Choice
dogbertcarroll chapter 5 . 11/4/2010
Those people proceeded to get VERY wrong, from the Pheonix' view of course, ideas. It didn't help that Mina was among those getting them. No doubt all the little floating hearts forming around her, the blowing sakura petals, the background music, all contributed to this.

That wasn't any spell *he* knew and he was beginning to feel it was dangerous.

Somehow I just can't seem to feel any empathy for him. *snicker*

~Somehow her magic has changed it so it's not mine anymore.~ He belatedly realized, wondering what kind of magic she'd run over it, probably unknowing, to pass over and overcome the spells he'd laid in that thing when he'd created it.

He was beginning to feel *very* out of his depth here.

She's drawing on a mana tap from an entire planet. Really that shouldn't be that big a shock. Who knows what all they have setup from a society as advanced magicaly as they were.

Artemis now felt bad about having convinced her that he'd seen the boy vanish when that light field had played. He'd seen *something*, but couldn't be sure that was him jumping back to his home universe as Artemis had told Mina.

Now he was beginning to question why he'd done it. Sure, the boy had been a distraction, an unknown, and potentially dangerous. But Mina just looked like she'd had the fight taken out of her from it!

Yeah that was a bonehead move.

Why was he buying all that real estate?

Suddenly a very *odd* thought occurred to her. It seemed just odd enough that on a whim she tried it. Still very concerned, the mother picked up the phone, speaking aloud to the dial tone words she'd learned from the movie still laying atop her VCR.

Mrs. Lovejoy cleared her throat, then began to repeat. "An emergency situation has arisen. As of now, 0800 hours, we need the Skysaber."

"Acknowledged." Came the curt reply, which actually shocked the woman more than a bit.

LOL! I still love that scene.

And as quickly as that, the wall was repaired, though his motorcycle now stood inside on the rug. Sorrowfully, the youth then turned toward the couple. "Are you sure neither of you saw a rampaging youma or anything like that?"

They both shook their heads, unable to speak.

LOL!
dogbertcarroll chapter 4 . 11/4/2010
Actually, wasn't it more packed than when he'd entered? Save for his chair it had become standing room only.

Weird.

The curse of having a Charisma score in the 20's!

*snicker*

After only a few minutes of this, he muttered dark things about not having found or made a magical bow when he'd had the time. Stowing the useless weapon, having proved it was unable to harm the youma, he considered alternatives.

Why didn't he have magical arrows? I'd think even ones with return and repair enchantments would count to do damage in this case and really as an elf he's getting failing marks in this category. It's like a dwarf without a hammer. Shameful!

Loved the fans.

He'd about figured out now some of how things worked. Objectively, he thought from the data he had, that his attacks and powers were doing about half the damage he'd expect of them; that one hit point by a D&D scale, by which he'd been created, was turning out to be roughly half a hit point by a Sailor Moon scale, which included all the things he was now fighting.

Now that was an inspired way to take things from he's overkill to challenging battle and fun to read.

Through his artistic abilities, aided by spells to speed the process, he finished the basin for the new fire, fashioning a beautiful work. After enspelling it properly, as was habit by now for any artwork he created, Jared put in place his creation.

The habits of an alternate lifetime. Makes for some nice scenery if nothing else.

Mina was happy. They weren't *real* friends, but they would do. Maybe soon she would get better ones.

Teenage girls are social animals in the extreme.

The setup with Rinni in the Negaverse fort was extremely well plotted.

As she was getting prepared to make a big surprise entrance (her favorite entry speech anymore was a Crescent Beam), she saw what was at the center of it all and stopped.

LOL! Shows the girl has brains!
King Tarol chapter 7 . 11/3/2010
OK. I'm all caught up on the story again.

You have done a fantastic job with giving this character all sorts of weird things that are out of his element to deal with. Technically, I'd say that makes him no longer overpowered, so I happily retract that statement.

Also, your stories are doing wonders for my perspective on writing, which has been sadly poisoned by one of my friends; she's of the type who believes that such a story like this would be inherently of a lower quality, due to its self-inserting nature. I'm starting to see that self-insert stories can be done well, which is good; my current project leans very heavily on the self-insert side.

I'm currently only wondering about two things:

1. Why did Jared's spells go bonkers all of a sudden?

2. How did he not realize that he was, dare I say, "fated" to have the Sailor Scouts pouncing on him with the first opportunity, and from that, deduce that he had obtained a great measure of centrality-great enough that he is now effectively replacing Sailor Moon? His deductive and manipulative skills work exceptionally well in almost all the other cases in this story thus far.
alaskan-dracolych chapter 7 . 11/2/2010
Nice job with the illusion.
Radio Driver chapter 6 . 10/30/2010
Good goin, Sky. Keep on keepin on.
Bigreader in The Omniverse chapter 6 . 10/29/2010
you still haven't explained what happened to his power. And why did Sailor Mercury fall for him?
alaskan-dracolych chapter 6 . 10/29/2010
Wow, that had packed quite a whammy.
alaskan-dracolych chapter 5 . 10/27/2010
Good portrayal of Jadite.
sparky555 chapter 4 . 10/20/2010
Ha, Pheonix Mage! If theres a Furinkan (Isn't that Ranma'?) High School wonder if theres a Pheonix king here? Great stuff!
alaskan-dracolych chapter 4 . 10/20/2010
The thing is, this all begs the question, what happened to Sailor Moon? Not to mention the fact that if Rei wasn't rescued, then what became of Ami at the cram school? Did Luna even get woken up? Hmmm...
kurotatsu72 chapter 3 . 10/20/2010
"Apparently doting young girls do not trigger danger senses... They should."

This has always been one of my top 10 fanfiction lines. Glad to see it in black electrons again. :)
dogbertcarroll chapter 3 . 10/19/2010
It would require time to think on. Standing out was a good way to get zeroed in on and attacked in your off time. But still... No rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, crowns... He shuddered. The thought seemed somehow unnatural. Maybe he could hide a bit of it and wear some anyway. For one thing, being without his trinkets made him much more vulnerable.

Sadly his character thrives on attention where other mages would have spells ready to make their magical items be overlooked to discourage thieves.

"I'm still not so sure about him." Artemis observed as Mina took to her room.

I always thought Luna was the paranoid one, but he's certainly playing the part well.

Jared could rest and regain his spell energy in a few nights. These guys had to pull their energy out of humans, and they couldn't do that standing on their fort waiting for him to attack it.

Cut off their supply, raid their forces, ambush their raiding parties... Starve them to death, kill them when they've weakened.

He LOVED to play the game!

That was a great setup. Too bad he didn't sneak in and close the gate, but he had way too little info to do it and escape afterwords.

Escaping with his bound and tied slave had been interesting with an archmage and a city full of angry drow on his heels. Luckily, when the city's archmage had shown up on a tower declaring the contest invalid, basically reneging on their duel, Jared had a friend with magical arrows to pick the man off when he'd begun casting spells.

What did he do with her anyway?

The redhead cocked an eyebrow. "You sound like you want to know what my intentions are toward your daughter. I wasn't aware that you HAD one, and I wouldn't be interested in her if you did."

Everyone forgets Diana and did they ever show her human form?

Namely, Mina would rather oogle at him than tell him anything he might need to know in the task of saving her life and world.

The downside of having an inhumanly high Charisma stat.
dogbertcarroll chapter 2 . 10/19/2010
Fortunately, patience was a virtue and therefore its opposite was an evil trait and so he felt no urge to shake this Sailor by her shoulders demanding his targeting information.

LOL!

Yeah, but that would have made for a hilarious scene!

Just a little line on a character sheet: Charisma/Attractiveness of 22. It didn't mean much until it was pointed out that the normal human maximum was 18, without magic or special circumstances like the intervention of something powerful, such as he'd had.

Weird how trivial stuff in the game made so much difference outside it. He made the change.

*snicker*

The joys of character transfer.

He was having difficulty believing that a thirteen year old was asking him. Yech! Then again, Sailor Moon had Darien, and that seemed pretty extreme. A line from the Sailor Moon RPG rules returned to his memory. 'Sailor Scouts are typically 14-20 years old while Knights usually range from 17-25 years of age.' And that sort of understated the actual situation represented by the series.

Our 13 isn't their 13 that's for sure. I think it translates more closely into 15-16 in non-anime worlds. Physically and mentally I mean. The artists are aiming for a certain age group but the charcters they create certainly don't match them.

He found the bottle and lifted it. Each of these were worth a king's ransom, in literal truth at times. Any one of these bottles he was or had given her could have been sold for an amount that could retire Nabiki to live in luxury. For anyone less greedy you could feed a city on the sale price of any one of them.

That was a great setup for the start of some real fighting with the two vs Beryl by themselves, which would make for an excellent alternate fic if you ever feel like writing it up. Just those two until the end vs the entire Negaverse.
sparky555 chapter 3 . 10/18/2010
Kinda strange, but good stuff non the less! Not suprised that he was getting such a strong reaction at the campus. Unless there was some sort of fantasy convention going on he could seem down right scary! I could see people wondering heavily if he was going to go on some sort of rampage! Wonder were this world divurged form standard Sailor Moon Universes? Was this General Darien the couse of the divurgence or just part of the change. Maybe hes keeping Beryl occupied and actually gave the other Generals decent scemes that actually worked!

Like to see more soon!
Evil Dan chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
Excellent! I had rather hoped that one day you would repost this work, as it is one of my favorites on the net. I am also very glad to see you writing again, having feared the worst for you during your hiatus. I wish you the best in life and here in you works.

-Dan