Reviews for By Dawn's Early Light
madame.alexandra chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
MissJayne sent me this and I took her advice and read it-she has wonderful taste, you know.

It was lovely. I am so glad someone addressed this. I was a little more than miffed that Gibbs missed something so monumental and then it was never alluded to again-because you know, characteristically, he would have done SOMETHING. I thought this was absolutely perfect! Bravo.

-Alexandra
Cleavage Queen chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
u-RAH!

What a nice reminder of what's truly important in our lives.

this is definitely a story to be proud of.

Great line -

"she'd been dreaming in Hebrew and her brain hasn't quite switched over to English yet" - my college roomate spoke 6 languages and if she gotten woken during the night she wouldn't always speak in English because she was dreaming in another language. It was fun to see what she would say! {No, I never would do that just to play! :-) You can't prove it anyway!)

FYI - many European Jews "converted" to Catholism as a way to hide. There are a number of great books out there detailing how Jews hid themselves in plain sight.
Zivafan chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
What a lovely story. Such a seemingly small gesture that is actually a huge gesture representing their mutual respect and caring. Nicely done.
petuniatc chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
Excellent!

One mistake - a small one. One of the flag raisers was a Navy medical coreman assigned to the Marines. All the medics assigned to Marine units are Navy coremen. I'm sorry I don't remember his name right now but his son wrote the book "Flag of Our Fathers" about his father and the other flag raisers.

Good story.
reader chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
Nicely-written story and I learned something new today. thanks for researching and sharing.
unique.and.proud chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
You deserve to feel proud, this was a beautiful piece. Fantastic writing, one of the best Ziva/Gibbs pieces I've ever read. Well done!

It made me tear up a little at the end. Wish we'd seen something like this on the show.
M E Wofford chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
This one made me tear up.

Full of wonderful sentiment and true feelings.

Thank you.

I only wish we could have seen something like this on the show.
MissJayne chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
Loved it! Absolutely beautiful.
Kris10a chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
Beautifully done!
Dolphinsiren77 chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
Beautiful !... and VERY in character.
SherryGabs chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
You should be proud of this! Very nicely done. I really had no idea of the history behind the Marines who raised that flag. Thanks so much for a powerful history lesson. I was crying by the end.
Alidiabin chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
So very powerful. Few people have writen about Gibbs missing out on Ziva's cermony, instead they wrote about Tony missing out.

I'm not American but I am an Immigrant to the country I now live in so it was particularly poignant to me.
sparklespaz716 chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
Best Gibbs/Ziva story I've seen in a while. This is the kind of relationship they have, and I really love seeing fanfiction writers take it on and do such a good job of it. The symbolism of the flag and what it would mean to both of them...very nice choice.

You SHOULD be proud of this one.
28 | « Prev Page 1 2