Reviews for Parallel Realities
SpectralAura chapter 50 . 5/30
TheVict0rian's review sums up everything I thought of this story lol.
Pteaset chapter 37 . 4/27
This is probably the third time I’ve read the story in this chapter still gets to me
Pteaset chapter 3 . 4/13
I’ve always loved this story for me the best type of mass affect story is the what if stories and yours is one of the best
Pteaset chapter 1 . 4/13
Sgen
Wom1 chapter 50 . 12/30/2017
Overall a rather good story, and while i do have criticisms this story was generaly well imagined, but first lets mention the tv tropes page because it can only be described as biased AF. They constantly get parts of the story wrong or forget things, for instance you did give hints about cross species breeding for Shep/Tali way back in ME 1, kai leng didnt die by falling into a abyss, while it only applies to the aticans the goverment type does play a role, they were refered to as zombies quite often, and finally its mentioned that tali and her mom are on mindoir to check things out at the shelter and help expose tali to non Quarians, and while i will admit that every 2 weeks is too often, for some reason most people assume they live in the shelter rather then visiting periodicly like they actually do.

Now as i mentioned not everything was great. Sometimes the sentence structure looks like something that would be asked to contract in middle school english and shepard explaining what cerberus did to the aticans once or twice every chapter gets rather old about when ME 3 starts. Besides shepards super strength being forgotten about later on in the story as well. Still it was imaginative and you saw it through till the very end unlike most writers who are applauded for their stories and unlike other stories lt left me a sense of calm happiness i haven't felt since i finished wheel of time series albeit without the huge negetive feeling when a book series you cherish is finally concluded and you know no more new scenes will be published. So have a happy new year tommorow and remember, dont let those who hate this story get you down (XD i never even encountered this much angst in stuff about kaldor draigo and hes The mary sue).
Pteaset chapter 50 . 12/4/2017
I love the story so much you make it so emotional you sir are a great writer
Pteaset chapter 24 . 12/2/2017
I really love your story I’m amazed it’s not higher on the list
Pteaset chapter 9 . 12/1/2017
Whenever I first found this website this was one of the first stories I read and it was one of my favorite I loved your original telling of mass of fact so here it is a long time later and I’m reading it again just because it’s that good
Guest chapter 3 . 10/10/2017
A colonel is above a lieutenant commander, plus, different military branches. Don't know if this is the writer or ME canon, but the weird ranks always through me off.
galpinre chapter 50 . 9/28/2016
A really great story-adventure...thank you for bringing me along!
dinoking chapter 50 . 6/10/2016
I love this story! It is awesome!
bobebob chapter 50 . 1/28/2016
Reading through the reviews i saw you got a lot of hate for this story, what with the overpowered character getting his way all the time.
However this is not one of those reviews as i am actually fed up of every story i seem to read here having their main characters be edgy and full of flaws and tragedy with no happy endings in sight and only 'noble' bullshit sacrifices.
I for one thoroughly enjoyed this steamrolling Shepard, its nice to actually read a well written stomp-story instead of a non-stomp story where every character has numerous and pointless flaws.
Omegas Prime chapter 50 . 11/10/2015
LOVE THIS STORY!
Thanks for the awesome adventure! I hope I can write a story as good as this one.
TheVict0rian chapter 50 . 10/6/2015
I don't normally leave reviews for stories I dislike, even less when linked to a story from TVTropes, but after finishing this..."unique"...take on the Mass Effect universe, I felt I had to say something.

I will admit that the premise is interesting, if rather bizarre: Shepard isn't human, but an humanoid alien from a parallel universe. Unfortunately, the instant one reads the description for the Articians, who are shown to be exactly like humans except superior in every way, it becomes painfully obvious that the whole parallel universe gimmick is simply an excuse to turn Shepard into a Gary Stu of galactic proportions.

Considering that Shepard skirts the boundary of being a Stu in the games themselves, this is a problem.

The qualities that establish a character as a Sue/Stu are varied and numerous, but by far the most common is when everything within a story - characters, events, people - starts to revolve around the protagonist, even when it conflicts with the canon. This is true of Parallel Realities to an almost absurd degree. The often-complex morality of the games is discarded in favour of "Shepard is always right, anyone who disagrees with Shepard is wrong." The Citadel Council opposed Shepard in the games, so they must be incompetent and corrupt. He assaults fellow Alliance personnel (and even murders one for making a threat against Tali he was in no position to carry out) and yet suffers no consequences for his action. And so it goes on.

And I must point out that the character of Tali'Zorah is completely mangled and mutilated into something completely unrecognisable. I never much cared for her character in the game, but seeing her portrayed so poorly irked me greatly. First of all, why is she living in a shelter? Tali is an admiral's daughter; she is hardly a nobody or someone of low social standing. She acts nothing like her in-game counterpart, either, being far more emotional and submissive than she has any right to be. Canonically, the only time she ever shed tears was when her she learned of her father's death; a completely understandable reaction. Yet in this story she's bursting into tears seemingly every other chapter.

Tali is, of course, an alien, and the Mass Effect clearly establishes that only asari can breed with other species. But, sadly (and quite predictably), Parallel Realities throws all that in the rubbish so Shepard and Tali can have children and live happily ever after.

Excuse me while I vomit.

And speaking of endings, this story is much like Mass Effect 3, this story falls apart completely at the end. Shepard's home galaxy ousts the Council and establishes themselves as the new government for the Milky Way. Excuse me, but have you ever read the news, good sir? This is nothing less than a military occupation, and history has shown that any occupation, no matter how noble the intention of the occupiers, will breed resentment and revolt amongst the populace. Just ask the people of Iraq. The people of the galaxy aren't going to stand for a foreign power suddenly usurping power, no matter their level of Gary Stu-ness.

"Parallel Realities" is utterly, irredeemably terrible. There are some truly great fan-made Mass Effect stories out there ("Interregnum" for example), but this is most certainly not one of them.
Guest chapter 50 . 8/16/2015
You basically raped the ME franchise with this. There was no tense whatsoever, your fucking Gary Stu had to have pretty much everything go his way. I mean seriously? Leading an army at five years old, never losing a fight and your constant bashing of all most everyone, like the council( your Shepard is the real idiot for putting the entire galaxy at risk because you think they're a bunch of idiots) or Cerberus (Cerberus is not that evil to experiment on kids, except in ME3 since they were indoctrinated so that doesn't count. You killed off Edi like it was nothing, gave Garrus an army and one of the most annoying Mary Sues I've ever seen instead of him holding an army by himself with only a sniper rifle. Most of this fic is ripped straight from the game, probably because you can't write worth shit. This is one of the most stupidest thing I've ever read. I would rant longer but I think I've made my point. I give this fic a rating of MINUS five on a scale of one to five. In short, I hate this fic with all my being.