Reviews for Vorbarra's Terrier
Wren Truesong chapter 1 . 9/17
sadly, google was not helpful with this punchline, as it only turned up beans. Is it meant to be a dog pun?

My quibbling aside, i really really love this one. Vimes fits in so PERFECTLY, and Ezar and Vetinari would understand each other FAR too well. And, ofc, Sybil is as Vor as it is possible to be in a world that doesn't have 'em.
Temple Cloud chapter 1 . 1/5/2020
Having recently read Jingo to my partner as a bedtime story (I'm introducing him to Pratchett's works, in return for his introducing me to Bujold's), I now wish there was an AU in which Samuel Vimes causes the Escobar War not to happen. If so, can the story have Carrot Ironfoundersson in it, too? Carrot's charisma is reminiscent of both Cordelia and Miles, even though both Vimes and Carrot are firmly Lawful Good Hufflepuff while Miles (especially in the earlier books) is more like a Chaotic Good Slytherin. The obvious cross-world pairing would be Miles Vorkosigan and Moist Von Lipwig, but I think it could be even more interesting seeing what happens if Miles and Carrot have to work together.

I'd also like to see Taura, Angua, and Florence Ambrose from Freefall webcomic getting together. If you haven't read Freefall, it's a wonderful science fiction comic strip about the misadventures of roguish alien Sam Starfall, his childlike robot sidekick Helix, and their intelligent, responsible, engineer Florence Ambrose, who just happens to be a gengineeered talking wolf, first introduced here:

freefall. purrsia ff100/fv00009. htm
reddir chapter 1 . 3/10/2016
This was fun. Totally unexpected, unimagined even, but a fun xover.
chisscientist chapter 1 . 9/26/2014
I don't understand the significance of Vorbohn? What does bohn mean?

Nice crossover. Vimes wouldn't like the Vor, or Emperors, and as for Yuri...
Mossy Stone chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Great fic!The way you merged the two series was really well done.
trimeta chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
This is an amazing story; I never before realized that Miles's conversations with the Emperor so matched Vimes's with Vetinari. Both characters are kept true to themselves, and yet the conversation as a whole is somehow perfectly true to both.
alethiophile chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
This is wonderful. Vimes is impeccable, and the allusion to background on Aral is nice.
erik chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
A cracking good crossover with both side totally in-character for their respective canons.
Mackon chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
The two fit together amazingly well, Vimes ploughing through Vor to get the truth street smarts and just plain common sense and toughness carrying the day. Emperor Vorbarra is certainly machiavellian enough to play his part and the mind boggles with thoughts of Captain Carrot and Sergeants Angua.

Hope you continue the series with more adventures of the Municipal Guard.

Thanks for sharing.
Vivtek chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
This is not at all what I expected from a Vorbarra/Vimes crossover - and yet it works very well indeed!
GoldenRoya chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Priceless. That's what this is, priceless. I'm not usually a crossover fan, but you, your style, your ability to legitimately wrap two different characters and universes together and make it WORK - and not disjointedly, but completely and utterly seamlessly - is amazing! And the wrapping in of BOTH worlds' histories - Vorkosigan's duels and Lady Ramkin - into one beautiful whole... Incredible. Gotta admit, though, the final pun had me laughing like crazy. Vor-bone. Hah! I wonder if Bujold had that in mind when she named him?
Srebrna chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Loved it! Just loved it :) Such a pretty combination! And Vetina... I mean, Emperor Ezar Vorbarra... I mean, they are reaaallly similar ;)
Kaleidoscope chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
This is absolutely brilliant. Vimes is in character, and so is Ezar. I have to wonder how Barrayaran Vimes would respond to Aral's character development - after Ezar's death, Aral would be Vimes' theoretical superior...though I suspect Cordelia and Sybil would get along wonderfully.
Obi1Nemogbr chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
This looks interesting. Looking forward to the continuation.