Reviews for Are you sure this was a good idea?
radindusan2 chapter 3 . 10/14/2017
So he's going trough his own Heartbrake Ridge? I guess Hermione is his own Gunny Highway,then.
Runecutter chapter 18 . 10/11/2017
Nooooo there will be more singing?
That is torture. That must break the geneva convention... or at least some local council rule against literary noisy molestation...

The only saving grace is that it was not the stupid Halloween demon!
Although it might be nice to have Harry turn into Ken by accident and Hermione NOT being happy about her BF losing all his not yet important equipment ;-)
Runecutter chapter 17 . 10/11/2017
Oh, crack is back... with a vengeance :D

Lovely how well that sentence with Hermione and FLeur becoming friends turned out :D
Runecutter chapter 15 . 10/11/2017
This actually sounds like good advise from Xander and a lot wiser than "doofus" usually portrays himself... Does he realize that Harry is in a lot of ways also like him? And with the ridiculous amounts of magic he can generate at times (100 dementors patronus) he's also like Dawn or Willow... a one man scooby team with issues enough for all four, five, thirteen of them...

Awww and the "better sleep" thing at the end was also great... i often have seen it done the other way, in Hermione stories, in Daphne Stories, even with Luna... a slight touch by the "right girls" and his nightmares are soothed and his nights become more restful and less prone to trigger PTSD... turning it the other way to get Hermione away from her very own Hulk Impression, was a nice touch! :D
Runecutter chapter 14 . 10/10/2017
ALL life in Australia is lethal... toothy, poisonous, venomous, sneaky, murdery... even the sheep and the grass... ESPECIALLY the grass.
And they have got DROPBEARS.

For all that is holy... don't call anything from Australia cute. It could be the last thing you ever say :-P
Runecutter chapter 12 . 10/10/2017
Xander has a Blade Runner/Decker and Jack Ryan/Tom Clancyverse Fetish? :-p (just saying he did not just play an archeologist and interstellar logistics entrepreneur ;-))

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... the horror?!
At least now we know how griphons and hippogryphs are born :D
And the Granger's house now will have to get a Griffin-Door on the roof :-p
Runecutter chapter 11 . 10/10/2017
Great solution to the Tonks arch.
Now get the friggin dog sorted out, huite huite!
Runecutter chapter 10 . 10/10/2017
Oh, sounds like SOME people now know a far more horrifying sentence than "we are from the government and we just want to help you" :D
Runecutter chapter 9 . 10/9/2017
Ohhh... what a missed opportunity!
After all Book one literally describes Harry doing these things Hermione talks about (reading all his books and dreaming about doing the spells, maybe even trying a few out), him blurting out "He, before I met Ron... I ... I... Oh Hermione, I'm sorry... Before I met Ron I did the same, but then I thought it would want him not be my friend anymore and I just stopped trying so hard." would have been GREAT.
SUCH a gorgeous bonding opportunity by how they are more alike than they think... and you threw it away *shocked to tears*
Runecutter chapter 8 . 10/9/2017
Say it loud, kids... superhuman stamina and resilience... and she still wore him down. Whow!
Runecutter chapter 7 . 10/9/2017
Does anybody in this world ever wait for 100% full informations on anything or is it too much fun (for them) to take the first bit of halfdigested "news" and run with it? :D

Oh crass... this Luna is weaponsgrade cute.
Runecutter chapter 3 . 10/9/2017
Explanations? Why none for Harry?
You are as evil as Dumbledore for doing this to him.

But it was cute that harry is all hormonal and horny over Faith and Dawn, but doesn't even dare to sample the goods of Hermione ;-) That's clear priorities! :D
Runecutter chapter 2 . 10/9/2017
Well BTVS is one of two "natural" crossover choices for Hermione's parents, if you decide that "dentist" is only a codeword for their real professions... cause both are dealing with "pointy teeth problems" (vampires) regularly ;-). A slightly less optimal version would be James Bond / MI6 due to interrogators "pulling teeth".
(In a similar vein, I like the interpretation of Mr Creevey as a bigass CEO of a country wide operating Milkproduct chain and "milkman" only being his nickname... But it've never seen that done before. I think i remember him being a mafia boss or something like that in another crack story though...)

Ah... that said... I'm a bit disappointed that Giles and Xander are so dumbly overprotective. The Willow bit was a nice twist, but then she's that universes Dark Phoenix and pissing her off is REALLY a bad idea. (of course so is doing the same with Dawn if she still has access to her "key" powers).
I'd have liked it better if Mr Harris-Granger took it a bit more casually and when asked (maybe by Buffy) why he didn't go all into the "concerned daddy" routine, he'd have just said "Hermione is a big girl. Remember what she did to that training dummy right before she left for that backwards castle last summer? If he breaks her heart she'll break his spine or will to live... that's good enough for me".

Other than that... let's see... i got most of the important bits, but i feel bad for harry... this asylum must totally confuse the poor boy and it's his only place to hide for the whole summer... (Hehe, a literal "Summer residence" ;-)) Hopefully Hermione will have pity with him and do some explaining for his sake... Else he'll go back to Hogwarts every bit as crazy as one of Lovecraft's protagonists!
Runecutter chapter 1 . 10/9/2017
well who'd have thought that doing a romance in the crackiest possible way is actually the best method to make that lunacy work. Lovely setup, Squirrel!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2017
WTF this is not mature professorial behavior! Stop perving over teenagers lol