Reviews for Fanfiction is SO Cliched
MalachiteFlames chapter 13 . 1h ago
lol Nice! I haven't seen this paring before
BRUUHH chapter 22 . 1/8
these stories are so chessy like can u make more ash and misty stuff pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee! and ur author notes are so fucking funny XD
TheDeadGirlRisenTroller chapter 35 . 10/5/2014
i want to use this one can i plleaseeeeeeeeeeee
Dat Rayquaza Fangirl chapter 5 . 3/30/2014
Chapter awesomeness. You missed a teensy typo at the beginning. It says 'tot he desk', but should say 'to the desk'.
Anonymous chapter 34 . 10/11/2013
Dammit, you left me hanging here. You should make a story out of this one. You probably already have and what I'm saying here is redundant is what you're probably thinkin and now I'm just rambling because I'm mad that you left me hanging on this story and there's not a second or third part or any part for that matter and-You know what? I'm just gonna say...
Good chappie, you left me hanging, I'm mad, you should make a story out of this, and yeah.
-Anonymous
Ready to fly chapter 55 . 9/11/2013
I love this collection of one shots they were so good and I haven't read a story from you in so long so I stumbled across this and I'm sad your not really writing more stories for pokemon and I'm just happy for all of the other stories you've written thank you :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
IMO this was highly amusing I may need to start exploring writing
anjumstar chapter 9 . 12/22/2012
Oh my gosh, Ash is Peter Pan! Brilliant!
EVAN AAML chapter 55 . 9/14/2012
My goodness... :(

My apologies my friend, I never knew that you were "retiring" as it were from this. I have had people tell me that you were stopping this, but I didn't believe them until one of them sent me the link to this chapter.

I understand completely why you wish to end your reign here, while you're still good. It's understandable. I intend to do the same when I know my time comes. I won't sit here and beg you to come back, that you have so much more to give to us, no.

I will merely wish you the best of luck my friend. You have been one of my closest friends on this site since I first started writing, and have stayed true to your talents since. You always put your heart into your stories, which is why I always considered you one of the best.

I wrote a little "memento" as it were on my profile for you, hope you like it. Well, ok, it's more of a list of authors who have inspired me, but you're there regardless! :)

I wish you the best of luck with all of your future endeavors. I don't know if you'll respond to this review or not, (I sent you a message a couple months ago, so my guess is no), but it doesn't matter. I know that you will do well my friend. Thank you for everything you have done for me, and more importantly, every single one of your readers, fans.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you. :)

sincerely,
your friend, Evan.
Ashley Eon chapter 55 . 9/9/2012
Well done. I've been reading this for months, and laughed and facepalmed and gasped and all those things that show how amazing a writer you are. Thanks for writing this :)
Steveaaml chapter 55 . 9/1/2012
I'm very sad to hear this, but also glad for you and full of support. Over the past, maybe 5 years, you have told me wonderful stories that have run a complete gamut of emotions; from heartbroken, to laughing aloud; from angry to excited; and from peaceful to every manner of different feelings. I have loved what you've written, and I'm sad to think that I won't get to read any more of your work here. I guess I felt it coming, and I think this exploration of cliches was a fantastic way to wrap up your work here - a massive collection of some of the finest writing on the interwebs.
I'm very glad you'll finish Senior Year; I can't tell you how excited I've been for the tournament scene.
I sincerely hope you'll still be writing original works that I'll be able to find.
I want to thank you again for the many years of fine stories and the pleasure I have gotten from them. I was always excited to see you had written something new, and you should be proud of the amazing growth you've made over this time. I remember reading Don't Believe What You See, and thinking that you were pretty great, and then reading The Only One Who Noticed and getting a great laugh.
Then came Slip of the Tongue, which had so many gems (I loved Rubik's Cube). Just Rap, Rap, Rapping made me smile and appreciate your ability to adjust to a certain convention or set of rules - some of the best art comes from imposed limits, and this is something you perfected so admirably during Cliches. Tangent and Unnerved made me laugh and feel warm and happy, and Halloween Hijinks was another great demonstration of how you approach different genres. Vicissitude showed a great example of how you do Ash and Misty dynamics, and I was so happy to see this similar take explored even more in the Sins and Virtues stories.
Then the Alphabet collection.
Oh geez.
Right from the start, with Animal, you showed an adorable version of the characters I love, and explain a part of the universe, in a perfectly subtle, believable way, that has yet to be touched on. You also created a story collection where every tale was self-contained, but clearly part of the same narrative. Lust was so beautifully structured, and no story has ever made me more hungry for a specific food than Virgin. Precious and Zenith - two stories so sweet, and so important to the overlying narrative. This was the collection that I really saw how talented you are.
I should clarify that; I've always thought you were great, but it was during that story collection that I decided you were the most consistently brilliant author on this entire website.
The Ratata and the River was adorable, and the Song Challenge was full of short, but sweet snippets.
But then Yen.
Maybe the finest psychological assessment of Ash and Misty's relationship, a perfect story, and something that had a large personal effect on me. I'll never forget this story.
Ghost was spooky, and Every Second very powerful. Nuances was one of the most consistently hilarious pieces of writing I've seen.
Wonderland was so beautifully bizarre, and a fantastic story to read all in one shot.
Rebellious Thinking.
Truly Epic. A great twist on the characters, and coming fresh out of the Slip of the Tongue universe, this was amazing and, again, showed your breadth of ability. Seeing you grow and explore as you wrote this one was a treat.
Advice About Girls was fantastic, and has one of the greatest last lines I've ever read.
Forgetting Candy... and Letters Home were splendid, and Emotional was such an interesting idea.
Then Snapshots. Beautiful Snapshots. Utterly perfect, and the reason that I think Senior Year is a truly great way to end of your career here.
Telephone and Wherever were great, and Hero was such an absolutely brilliant story, masterfully executed, with adorable scenes, a great take on the dynamics and relationships, some hilarious moments, beautifully loyal scenes, a great story and character arc and some of your darkest stuff to date.
And then Cliches - I must thank you so deeply for taking s many of my ideas and turning them into stories so much more lovely than I could have imagined.
And then Senior Year. My favourite of them all.
You are an incredible writer, and everything you've written has brought me so much pleasure and happiness. Thank you for all of your hard work and commitment to just being the total fu*king best.
Your Friend,
Steve
AshKetchumForever chapter 55 . 8/5/2012
Good luck with everything that you write!
Anon chapter 55 . 8/4/2012
I think I'll agree with a few of the other reviewers:

please, if you do regain the spark...do come back. Although there have been a few strong writers I've seen emerge lately, you're still amongst the best and the quality of the Pokemon fanfiction collection seems to have been declining of late.

You will be missed but I wish you the best.
the one who hums chapter 55 . 8/4/2012
So, I've read and reread this little chapter multiple times over the past couple days, trying to wrap my head around this information and formulate a coherent response. I gotta say, it kind of makes me want to scream.
I understand you're reasoning, and I can see your whole little Stephen King point. If you think you're writing isn't up to par with your standards, and you're feeling repetitive, you have every right to stop. I mean, you've given this fandom over 40 wonderful stories, and a couple hundrer one-shots between all those stories. It's really been a fantastic ride.
But am I really the only out there who is not supportive of your decision? I know for a fact my reasoning is out of pure selfishness alone, and I accept that. But I feel like I am the only one who wants to just stand on the streets with a picket sign protesting. Because I really don't want you to leave this fandom.
You have been a shining star in the Pokemon fanfiction universe for as long as I can remember. I've read almost every one of your stories over the past couple years, some even twice. You're writing has never ceased to amaze me, with your elaborate plots, amazing characterization, and unique one-shot endings. Whenever I had no updated stories in my alerts I knew I could always go to your profile and pick a story at random and it would be wonderful.
Honestly, I never thought it would end. Realistically speaking, I knew as you grew up you got busier and posted things less often then you used to, and I saw that you started a new Teen Titans drabble challenge. But I never actually thought that you would STOP writing Pokemon altogether. It's honestly really upsetting. It's like the ending of a wonderful age of fanfiction. It can take hours to sift through stories to find something as quality as your writing.
I really just don't want you to stop writing Pokemon fanfiction. I know you say you are, and I know how hard it is to convince you to change your mind once it's been made. But can I ask of one little thing?
Just don't promise that this is it. I know you think your Pokemon writing is becoming redundant, and if you feel that way, I don't mind if you stop. But some day you may get an idea. Anything from a tiny ficlet/drabble/oneshot all the way to a multi-chapter story. And you may push your idea to the side just because you said you were done with Pokemon. But you don't have to be. I think I can speak for the entire fandom when I say that we will ALWAYS welcome you back if you happen to write another Pokemon fic. So, just don't decide to be done forever. Please?
And I guess I just want to thank you for writing so many amazing stories. It's been a privelage to be able to spend hours on end reading and reviewing your amazing tales. You have truly been an inspiration to me to try and write more often. Maybe one day in the far future my stories might even be up to par with yours. If you every write anything for Avatar or Pokemon again you can count on me being there to review it and squee obnoxiously. I guess I'll see a little bit more of you as you finish Senior Year. I look forward to reading more of it.
Again, thanks for everything.
Ciao for now! K
d i n o b o t chapter 55 . 7/31/2012
Quite honestly, practically all aspects of Pokemon fanfiction has been explored. It's not much of a surprise hearing one more writer move on. It's bittersweet because your writing is fantastic, and will be missed. Thank you for all that you've done in the fandom, especially for AAML. Good writers make Pokeshipping continue to live, and yours did nothing less. All the best to what you decide to do next.

By the way, speaking from someone who's done the 'retired Pokemon' bit, sometimes it takes a few dabbles in some other fandoms that just might respark that once believed fading light again. Whatever the case, I wish you the best.