Reviews for Half Asleep
RavenAmongstDarkness chapter 9 . 2/1
I absolutely loved this story! One of my all time favorites!
peanutbutterflies chapter 1 . 9/11/2016
I reread this fic again and again, it is just one of my favorites. Well written, suspenseful, and just enthralling. Thank you so much for sharing this piece.
Guest chapter 7 . 6/13/2016
i think what excited me the most was the sokka x ty lee comment. damn. this chapter blew my mind. i can't figure out what you're doing with mai. i'm excited to find out!
Guest chapter 3 . 6/12/2016
3 you are a magical master wordbender
Lord Melkor chapter 9 . 6/13/2016
that was amazing! i don't really agree with some of the pairings but it was extremely well written. i was on the edge of my seat the whole time! 3
Avidreader212 chapter 1 . 5/25/2016
Sweet story _
IMakeTheMonsters chapter 9 . 4/19/2016
one word: love. absolute love.
xwhiskeymouth chapter 9 . 3/7/2016
I have read and re-read this story for years. I have re-read this story more times than I can count. I choose reading this over reading ANY of my favorite novels or fics. And every time I finish reading it I'm ready to read it again. You are seriously an amazing author and I will never stop reading this story, it's incredibly well written and your characterization is perfect. You've paced it so well and the way you expand on the spirit world and it's creatures, the settings, the emotions, and just everything is done so well. I want to go on and on about how much I love this nine chapter story but if I wrote out every reason why you and this story are absolutely amazing then this review would be longer than the story itself. Thank you for taking the time to write this and thank you for sharing it with everyone. I will definitely be back to read this again, and even though I won't be able to comment again know that I am just as amazed by this story as ever.
gtgrandom chapter 9 . 3/7/2016
THE BEST STORY EVER.
Okay, okay, okay...I have to calm down from all the epicness.
Loved the characterization. I don't think I've read a story that portrays EVERY SINGLE character so well/true. It was witty, hilarious, you actually made me LOVE Mai, and so suspenseful. I loved the intricate story telling, and I honestly didn't know what was going to happen. I will never stop shipping Zutara, and this story was the best canon-not-canon solution out there. The way Katara and Aang's relationship was handled - perfect. Obviously Zutara was my favorite part.
Thank you for the ride.
gtgrandom chapter 5 . 3/6/2016
Oh that's so sad.
These two...
ugh.
Fantastic story so far. You write them both extremely well.
Guest chapter 7 . 2/28/2016
I love how you handled Aang and Katara's break-up! Usually, when there is a break-up of the two, ( this is a pattern in 90% of zutara fan fiction.) either Aang is completely immature about it and throws a fit, or katara falls in love with zuko and totally diregards Aangs feelings and of course they never properly discuss their break-up because, you know, Aang runs away in a child-like fit. Aang never enunciates the break-up. But any way to get to me point of this story, yes, Aang did run away like normal, but I think a lot of zutarians forget the yes, Aang may be young then but he will grow up. I just loved the mending they had! My whole point for this post is to say you don't see that very much. You don't much of katara emitting she's wrong, it's always only Aang who's wrong, never katara. I don't know that's just my opinion :) I think you wrote out their break-up brilliantly. I adore zutara, that's my fandom, but I also like it where there's a mutatual ending to Kataang and maiko. Because wether we like it or not not Kataang is canon. One more thing... I also like the way you wrote Mai, she's a misunderstood character that many write as an emotionless bitch.
Lindril chapter 9 . 1/5/2016
Before this, I wasn't really a fan of Zutara, but NOW I ship it. So much. This was absolutely amazing! Thank you so much for writing it. You're amazing :)
Chyme for the Rhyme chapter 9 . 12/14/2015
This was a very enjoyable read, with the way everything was woven together into a dark fariytale, each chapter feeling self-contained, and yet also interconnected with those that came both before and after. Similar, in a way, to how the bulge of a thatched reed can feel like a stark bump to the fingers, yet, on stepping back, can to the eyes be just another jenga piece in an entire basket.

I'm not sure what it is; the almost gothic twist in the horror of the temple where people were left to die, the way Katara was placed in the role of a hero completing an uneviable quest, or the way the characters grew and reflected each others journeys of self discovery as the story progressed...but this piece both fell into the template of a myth and yet defied it as well. Maybe it was because we always had Katara, the honest but flawed narrator and her thoughts injecting the story with her determined and all too human views, as well as her guilt for the way she handled certain situations. It crept in and made it real.

I also found myself really enjoying Mai in this fic. She actually made me laugh, and I enjoyed the respect given to her as well as the way she innately knew she deserved it.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/28/2015
My favorite part of the story is where they go into the forest. As it was playing out, images just came to me. I could see the forest and the temple with my mind eye, and I could feel the despair and desolation of the place. Simply magnificent!
Fanboy chapter 6 . 11/28/2015
Wonderfully done. A true work of art. Kudos to you!