Reviews for Five Times Teresa Lisbon asked Jane for help
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
Good read. Nicely builds to the last, most important request. Thanks.
Patresa chapter 1 . 12/30/2013
Top to bottom, Loved it all.
wavesofred chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Just like to say this is probably my favorite fanfiction ever. I have been searching for it for weeks trying to re-read it. I am seriously obsessed with this. Just saying.
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
PERFECT 3
csiAngel chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
I love the way you've written this. Each segment was a great little tale, and I love the way the Red John scene happened - that Jane was hesitating, and then that he said he didn't shoot because Lisbon asked it of him - an excellent use of your chosen theme. And, of course, I love the final segment. So sweet :) Thank you :)
Cathartes chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
That was great! I don't know how I missed it the first time around, but it's super cute and you actually adressed the whole Red John situation, which otherwise always trips up fluffy L/J fics. Thanks for sharing this I really enjoyed it.
sass787 chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
yay for happy endings :)
Anna chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Fantastic!
forthecoast chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
This was exactly what I needed to read tonight. I'm almost glad it took me so long to get to it because tonight was the PERFECT night for this. It was. *g*

Part i is lovely as a beginning. I especially appreciate Jane helping out without causing a scene, which sometimes seems like it's a rare occurrence.

Part ii just made me laugh. Partially because I think I'm actually shorter than Lisbon/Robin Tunney and I would have just used the chair with wheels :-P And because I can just feel Jane's slight disappointment that it's not something more significant. Hee. So cute.

Then iii! The Fortress of Solitude! Dealing with Lisbon's brothers in a way that makes sense to me! Movies! Chinese food! Loooove.

I think iv may be my very favorite though. I am so partial to them in formal wear and I fully support the show exploring this MORE in the future. *shallow* Plus, that was hot in a very subtle way. I fully approve.

And naturally a RJ conclusion that actually works out. If only the show would go this route.

Hee, normal/functional. The ending was quite adorable. Seriously, hit the spot tonight. Thank you (and I apologize, I seem to have lost my ability to articulate...)
Polly83 chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
I loved every word of it, from the quotes to the last line. The trust theme itself is wonderful, because they struggle with it every day. She somehow trusts him, but she can't really trust him on some level. He wants her to trust him, but isn't willing to let go of his goal.

I love this line: "Still, he always tried to help her, because he already owed her more than he could ever repay. Though he wasn't sure he could even articulate exactly why that was either."

The dialogue in the first scene is wonderful and really meaningful. They both let the other know what the matter really was, they both make a step in the right direction.

Jane was so sweet in the third scene.. keeping her company and distracting her from her thoughts.

Lisbon knew that he'd been having doubts for years about killing Red John.. Sometimes he doesn't realize how much she knows and gets him.

I loved that at the beginning he was convinced he'd do almost anything if she asked, that 'almost' referring to RJ, but in the end he does what she asks, even if it means not doing the one thing he had been waiting to do for years.

Of course I agree with the lack of non-depressing fic, and I'm really glad you did something about it D

Feel free to write non-depressing fics like this one any time you want. )
erica83ca chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
Yes - we need lighter stories LOL! As amazing as most of the fiction on here is - sometimes I have to brace myself before reading - prepare myself for the gut wrenching angst.

As a card caring member of the short brigade - ii made me smile. I had a friend that was extremely tall and as we compared vertical horror stories - I asked her the dreaded "how is the air up there?" and she poured water on my head and told me it was raining.

Anyways, let me focus on YOU! While I loved loved LOVED vi, I think my favourite was iii just because she really opened up to him and asked him to keep her company - thats pretty big on the help scale.

Great stuff!
waterbaby134 chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
I loved these. i liked the way they all related to one another, that was a nice touch. My fave was the one about Lisbon being too short to get the pad of paper and being all annoyed and embarrassed that she had to ask Jane for help though I also liked the one with the broken zipper, for obvious reasons. Great story.
Arcadya chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
I loved this, the interactions between Lisbon and Jane were so right. They were so exact, and clever, and humorous, I felt like I was watching the rebirth of all the rightness of this show.

I especially loved the way you handled Red John, I can see that happening, if Jane ever agress with the rest of the population and begins to love Lisbon the way we do!
LittleMender chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Just the sort of non-depressing sweetness I was looking for. I liked the differentiation between 'normal' and 'functional'. Perfect for Jane and Lisbon. Thanks for a good read!
Tabitha of MoonAurora chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
This was amazing. Very well written, very true to character and very real. I it when someone writes a fic like this and if I had a nickel for every time I read a mentalist fanfiction where at least one of the characters was dead, dying or in a coma, I'd be richer than Bill Gates. Also I feel I should point out that in this fic you strung together a tail of love. So often, I feel people confuse sex with love and it drives me crazy. A person can be terribly attracted to another person but not be in love. It take more than just a good body, for there to be romance. I appreciate the work you put into this fic. Thank you, thank you so much for writing this. It's been a while since I've read one of such mastery.

With Luck