Reviews for Point and Counterpoint
Idunnowhy chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
Nice side trip inside Young's head here. He was always such a cold fish in the show, even when he had strong emotions running under the surface. It's nice to get a chance to see those, to see what he didn't want anyone else to see. That he was tired. That he was worn down. That by the time it was all said and done, he was just one small push from going over the edge. And Rush wasn't far behind. Well done.
Carambar chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Nice missing scene! No doubt Rush has a "thick skull"!
Orokiah chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
A solid supplement to the episode, nicely done. I appreciated the weary self-description of Rush as a punching bag - the list of traumas he's gone through really is getting longer and longer...and longer. A spot of onscreen concern is long overdue.
Edwina B. Karch chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
Love it esp. when Rush gets in Young's face.
brodie-wan chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
Nice missing scene, ladypredator. I enjoyed your look into the heads of both Rush and Young.

"And there was no one else that he could trust to keep his secret."

I know you are a Rush advocate, but you nail his paranoid brilliance in this sentence alone.

It's just that sometimes he looks at me like I'm…"

"Something that crawled out from under a rock and isn't worth more than a casual scientific examination?" Scott completed for him with a rare acuity.

I liked this bonding moment between Scott and Young. At first, I was wondering why Young would be discussing his insecurities with a subordinate, but then I thought, he has to talk to someone. He trusts Scott. Nice touch.

I also enjoyed how TJ handled Rush. She knew what to say and do to get past his defences.

Young's comment about being 'singed' was powerful. It was the breifest of moments, but quite meaningful.
cloudshape to ennien chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
Nice, really nice.

I missed such a scene as well and am glad that you provided us with it. There are a lot more of such missing scenes in other episodes. Did you write any more? I'll go and check right away. Hope to read more from you in the future.