Reviews for A New World, Book 1
jgkitarel chapter 9 . 7/29
Ran is not in an enviable position, and to be honest, she is desperate. However, Maribel is, and at the same time is not, Yukari. The story is still going along, though, so things will still take shape.
Psykoakuma chapter 11 . 5/11
CHEN! She hasn't changed a bit! Well not much anyway.
I'm kind of taken aback by all this anti-Ran sentiment. She was never even all that dishonest about any of the stuff she hopes to achieve. She could have lied her tails off about everything but she didn't. She could have attempted to use force but she didn't!
Anyway, that uncomfortableness out of the way it looks like Renko and Yukaribel are going to become active participants in the New Gensokyo Order! YAY!
Psykoakuma chapter 10 . 5/10
Yay! Ran finally gets some love! That was cute. I wonder if the youkai cat is related to anyone I know. I certainly didn't expect that reaction from the new Hakurei miko. Looks like there are more secrets to be revealed about what happened to Gensokyo and how Mary and Renko might fit into the coming conflict.
Psykoakuma chapter 9 . 5/9
Woolly ack resp addrdone and such! I have no idea why you suggested picking up later books for the action as I am on the edge of my seat with this chapter! For lots of reasons!
First of all I am burning up all over Yukari's souls burning in hell! No one burns my beautiful Yukarin! NO ONE (knives out)! Maribel seems to be on the same level but for different reasons. And now more is reveled about Renko! I'm starting to understand Patchu's earlier comment about her eyes. I think she will become very necessary to Maribel. Oh and please just accept your lesbian ways Renko. I mean come on, how long do you really need to live in such an ambiguous state. Trust me, it's no good for you in the long run.
RAN! No matter what, I still love ya RAN! Ok maybe you may have a few too many tails but dammit I think you're awesome! Also... this story appears to hold the same kind of appreciation for magic as I do. I definitely did not expect this but it's pretty damn sweet! Yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised.
Psykoakuma chapter 8 . 5/8
Woo! That intro segment. I think I figured out one of Yukarin's favorite movies from the outside.
Ok I'm going to say for the record I've always thought Nue is kind of hot (is that weird?) but it looks like I'm not the only one who noticed. Wow! Shou is moving up in the world! What a cliffy! Ran out of the borders! And Maribel's first impression is dislike?! GASP! I need more! Update soon. :3 heh!
Psykoakuma chapter 7 . 5/7
Ok hell yes! All sorts of things are going into motion!
Aww! For some reason I found that spell card session adorable! Renko had a lot to do with it hehe. I knew the little cute sparrow was interested in Mokou-tan! It was her reaction to Keine that started it, but when Ran mentioned that immortal well things got all kinds of confirmed.

Speaking of confirmed - Maribel! Yeah I know it was always pretty much understood, but it's still really cool to see just how influential Yukari is even after death. I wonder how Ran might about this, if she doesn't already know. I mean given the significance of her relationship with Yukarin. And even if she knew all of this was going to happen. There could be some serious emotions.
Psykoakuma chapter 6 . 5/6
Yup it's good and all, continuing to build this new yet familiar environment. But at the same time it's a little like reading about someones vacation. It's a damn sweet vacation but more adventurous type stuff would be nice too.
Psykoakuma chapter 5 . 5/4
Noooo! Meiling! How could she be that old? I always thought she was one of the younger youks. I'm making an assertion right now that Sakuya used her unseemly long life as an excuse after Meiling died. Cuz that's how I roll!
But Wow! That's so badass how the SDM crew took out the invading youkai like that!

As for the exposition yeah. I was going to mention that even before the note at the end. It was a little extensive. I was almost waiting for Kogasa to pop out of the bushes and yell - Boo! Did I scare ya? Oh by the by, here's a little history on the place for y'all. But kimoi Keine's history notes were pretty good. Not too obtrusive and even intense at parts.

The part where Huian stabbed Mokou was a little ridiculous. She stabs her every time they meet? Come on, that's got to be uncomfortable and rather pointless. Who would try impersonating Mokou-tan? That sounds like a horrible idea! More likely than not the Mokou wannabe would run into Mokou while pretending to be Mokou! Then it's dancing Yasunas all over again! Except on fire! And no one wants that, well not in Gensokyo anyway. And what does she do if she meets anyone besides Mokou? Can't stab them without ruining their day. Yup, she really needs a better trick.
Psykoakuma chapter 4 . 5/2
Wow! Plot intensifies eh?
After reading this chapter I have more questions about what's going on than before. I have to admit I didn't get the trusts her eyes implicitly part. That somehow allows her to see through manipulation? So Remi is still around. I can only imagine the two she grieves for are the ones who weren't present at dinner.
Psykoakuma chapter 3 . 5/1
Yay! This story is giving me so much warm and fuzzies!
Somehow I knew the mistress of the household was going to be Flan. But now it looks like Yukarin and Remi are both dead! I hope nothing horrible happened. I swear... if it was the moon I'm totally going to go Suika on them! So Juri and Dinah are sisters eh? Wow! That's very interesting! Love to see my homegirls making an appearance too!
Psykoakuma chapter 2 . 4/30
Wow! Another really creative look at the future of Gensokyo.
Off to a really intriguing start. I'm definitely enjoying all the Mary and Renko action.
Dinah has me very curious. Demon blood and wings... I'm totally thinking Koakuma! But she's Dinah Margatroid. GASP! Alice?
KageNoYoko chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
okay, there is something I'm missing here.

This story feels incomplete already, like I'm reading something without reading it's prequel story, but I've already dug through your other work, and found nothing that seems to connect this series to the rest of your stories.

considering this has to happen much, much later than the main touhou canon, that means that things have changed (the chibi sakumei and the mentioned death of Yukari are big tip-offs) a lot, and like I said, it feels like there's a gap.

I will continue to read, but this is going to bother me.
DschingisKhan chapter 11 . 7/15/2013
Interesting, I'm getting the impression you've built an entire personal fork of the Touhou continuity across your collected work. I'll have to examine more, and certainly pay attention to details.

An interesting beginning to a saga, all right. Though I have to admit I'm probably most curious about Renko's true nature, and just how high she can reach. After all, it often turns out that the most innocuous abilities are completely game-breaking when applied creatively.
Fleija chapter 11 . 11/25/2012
"Welcome to Mayohiga, please refrain from stealing our dinnerware,"

Best. Opening. Ever.
Fleija chapter 5 . 11/25/2012
The story line here seems not just immersive, but almost believable. Though it does beg quite a few questions (namely, the involvement of Ran later on or the lack of diplomacy?), it's definitely feasible. A good read.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »